We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Ruin needs to be added to every killer by default, not a perk

2»

Comments

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112

Why not add noed, nurses calling, BBQ and reveal the survivors at all times too?

• TheObamacare
    TheObamacare Member Posts: 29

Ummm.... No. You see yes people can win in red ranks without using it. If they are playing an S tier killer... (Billy, Nurse, Oni or Spirit) becsuse they can roam the map faster with their abilities, every other killer the majority if the list does bit fair well without it. Thats the point killers try to make... And then de pip because when they finish a chase a gen has been finished. Don't post silly cookie cutter things like that.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

Or adapt your skills to a point that you don't need to rely on ruin. I rarely see it on Xbox. I don't play often enough to care about ranks and I'm usually no higher that a rank 15 so that leads me to believe it isn't crucial for as many killers as some would like us to believe.

• Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219

I would say leave ruin as it is, and rework Huntress Lullaby and change it to where the longer a survivor stays on the same generator the lower the progress speed gets. This way it would slow down the generators and require survivors to swap gens .

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2019

Either they fix the ways gen speed currently works or I honestly agree. This would also actively free up a perk slot for basically every killer in the game, and thus make every killer just a little bit stronger.

You don't need Ruin to win? Ah, okay. Go play Hag, Trapper, Huntress - let me know how you do without it. Oh, I'm sure you play games with them and win all the time. Did you know I got adept at red ranks on 4 killers in basically every game I played as them? Wow, I must not need Ruin :)

I'm seeing a lot of sentiment on these forums lately that you don't need Ruin. I suppose when a dev themselves say that they don't use Ruin and "still have fun" tells all you need to know about it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

You can believe me or not, but I'm not talking about S tier killers. You can consistently win at rank 1 using any killer you like if you're good enough at playing them. You don't need Ruin, you just need pressure and skill.

• As both a killer and survivor main, that’s a terrible idea. One, the characters are already pretty cheap as it is, otherwise all you have to do is actually play the game to buy hay with game tokens or just wait until ruin appears—it’s truly not that hard if you need the perk that much. Two, as a survivor, ruin is annoying, yes, but totems cannot be spawned in THAT randomly, it will be gone within the first few minutes, if not seconds and if you’re even a decent player you can get hex skill check pretty easily. And three, as a killer, yes when you’re first starting it is a wonderful boost to your build, but if you rely solely on pick-me-up or fall-back perks to be a good killer? You need to rethink your playing strat and maybe watch a few people play to find a better build for you to get comfortable with, my guy.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535

Nope. I have faced many killers not running ruin (even trappers) that just destroy the whole team. The issue is you don't apply good pressure. Any killer can be good even with no Ruin.

• Fibijean

How many people in this thread have requested Kindred as basekit?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

This would be a bad idea.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

100% behind you. Let's do this it will make the game fairer and more fun for the killer. Devs please listen to this or do something to make the game more fun for killer.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Erm....... Nope u ou trying to break the game more than it already is

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

How would it break the game? Great skillchecks would still defeat it and RNG wouldn't be a factor. The only downside I can think of would be that no one would ever cleanse haunted grounds again.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I agree Gen goes fast as Killer, but if you demand Gen time of 400s extend longer, then I can tell you dont play Survivor.

I prefer to have Noed as default mechanic (with some nerf of course), rather than Ruin default

But whoever design Ruin perk is just a proof that Dev wanted patch to fix Gen time problems, rather than adding 2nd Objective.

• TornAE
    TornAE Member Posts: 3

This is tough because Ruin at low ranks is an easy 4k for the killer, but at High ranks, you'll be luckyto have Ruin up for more than 2 mins. Saying yes will. Heavily ######### up low ranked players and will make people derank just to farm BDP. At high ranks, most people will run toolboxes or Prove Thyself (absolutely love that perk). If you dont know what Prove Thyself is, it basically acts like a toolbox (and medkit on occasion) that only activates when doing Gen, healing or opening exit gates. You gain 100% more bloodpoints in Coop actions as well. Its a teachable Dwight Perk (not sure if its 30, 35 or 40 you unlock it at)

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

NO

• BasedMorlis
    BasedMorlis Member Posts: 29

This is the most absurd post I've seen in a while. Congrats on that.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

If you need ruin to win games, you just need to get better at the game. I am in no way a killer main, but I 4k constantly in Purple/Red ranks without it.

As for making it basekit, it will never happen. Even the devs laughed at the question and said "Not happening". Ruin is boring, and always will be. I am pretty bored of seeing it in every survivor game I play. All I do is sigh and hit my great skill checks anyways. 10 seconds later it is destroyed and now you are out an entire perk slot.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I started playing without Ruin for the first time this weekend. Overall its been a rough go but you are right about the 'clock in your head' adjusting. It takes time but I think I am seeing some improvement ^^

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Right on, great job. I learned in red ranks it is going get cleansed in seconds or they will just hit those greats.

I actually played my first game where I was survivor and escaped with ruin still up. I had never got through 5 gens before with ruin and I was a rando. So that was fun, but Pig never kicked a genny either so got lucky there.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

I think it should be a perk, but work like Corrupt Intervention. A guaranteed amount of time. 3-4 mins. Unlike Corrupt, gens can still be worked on, so it should last longer.. but not the whole match.

• laurelstroodle
    laurelstroodle Member Posts: 432

Dude you're famous on reddit

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Against potatoes sure. On a decent map sure. With a viable killer sure. But thats a lot of variables that need to go right.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

"I don't play killer anywhere regularly, but supposedly I am in red/purple ranks and 4k and win all the time." Sure.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

Tbh it wouldn’t be a bad idea cause the problem as a solo survivor is that the minute there’s a Ruin, everyone hops off the gen to go look for the totem instead of powering through it. Then I’m stuck doing all five generators cause everyone goes down looking for the totem when all five could’ve been popped in the meantime. That’ll teach people to learn to just power through it instead of wasting time

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

I know. I'm a purple rank survivor and can get the greats about 75% of the time. No point in abandoning the gen when I hit three out of four skillchecks.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306
  • Fibijean

With any killer, and if it were only against potatoes that they were able to win, they wouldn't be able to do it consistently as I described. Map RNG can work against you, sure, but that's the case for both sides and has nothing to do with whether Ruin is an essential perk.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

I have close to 1500 hours in game. I have logged my time on both sides. I don't think you understand how quotations work, you have to actually quote what I said, and that was not it. I play without ruin on most killers and have no real issues. Any killer can 4k without ruin, or even perks at that matter.

The fact that I don't main a killer and still do well without ruin says a lot. Needing ruin is like needing self care. If you don't learn to play without it, you will always need it, and never improve.

• TheObamacare
    TheObamacare Member Posts: 29

Not only do I personally disagree but there is tons of free data to prove that wrong mathematically. A mobility will always grant you successful games, B nearly 3/4ths of the killers do not have mobility. I am just saying ruin is there to make up for a lack of mobility. We should fix mobility or generator mechanics or add another objective all together. Therefore making ruin obsolete and more nitch.