How has your dbd experience been recently?

Some days are really good and others are completely trash so I would say dbd has been kinda meh for me. How about y’all?

Comments

• Tisfine
    Tisfine Member Posts: 148

Same old same old. If you somehow didn't get hit while vaulting your failed dead hard exhaustion will.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I was having a good time untill yesterday

Every match was just filled with lagspikes, people teleporting all over the place

I thought something was wrong with my connection first but it seems i'm not the only one with this issue

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

I play a lot more killer these days and I haven't encountered any toxic turds in a while, so pretty decent.

• DBDfan12
    DBDfan12 Member Posts: 163

awful

• pushkina
    pushkina Member Posts: 130
    edited December 2019

Solo survivor(red ranks ps 4) is terrible. Sweaty tryhard toxic killers and toxic bad teammates. And I see every killing on forums talking about gen speed is to fast and im like what games do they play.

Post edited by pushkina on
  • Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Mixed. Had some games were I totally dominated the survivors, while by other I had feel as I would run against a wall.

Toolboxes everywhere, but well... Live is life... rhm... Dbd is dbd. Up and downs everywhere.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

Not fun, I'm a green rank killer so I just get red rank survivors every match, and the Devs have changed something so I can't hit the unhooking survivor any longer no matter the angle.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Me too. I'm purple rank killer and i constantly go against rank 1 survivors

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

I have stepped away for a bit if that answers your question.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Ehhh mixed bag, what i do hate is being put up with rank 2 3 4 survivors when im rank 10 killer.

I mean, I just barely pip or just play even or de-pip, but what nonsense is it that I cant rank because even though im low rank im being paired with high rank that are good enough to make me not progress at all.....

but overall not too bad.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

Alright, aside from the garbage framerate on ps4.

• Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48

Potato teammates when i play solo survivor and super optimal surviviors when i play killer.

Both sides feel pretty miserable.

Gen speed is still too fast.

• kate_main
    kate_main Member Posts: 178

Killer is a blast.

Solo surv is still frustrating as hell tho

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

yesterday I went up against toxic sabo gen rushing survivors all body blocking to I’m rank 7 and they all were rank 1 swf oh and they destroyed ruin Before I could get there

• Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48

I think that no killer wants to go against optimal looping survivors like red ranks survivors so there are no red rank killer in your region so matchmaking is forced to choose you or something.

Hell maybe not even 1 purple rank killer.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,899

Dwelf came out. So its been awesome 😊

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

been playing dbd for only like 20 minutes a day game is getting pretty boring

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

Mostly farmers trying to get their challenges done.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

As usual - seeing how much suck one can mitigate in a game.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I played Void bastards the last week and Im waiting for the new 4v1 multiplayer "Resident Evil Resistance" that will be included in RE3. DBD, well, Im bored of unlocking the same perks for new killers. I know, the grind was reduced, but killers without perks are boring. After 1000h its nothing but a boring routine.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    edited December 2019

I played as nerfed spirit for the first time yesterday. I don't know what to say. They changed her other purple add ons, didn't they? She felt slower. What exactly did they do to her? It was bad, but not only because she felt slower, also because I played against a team with two bnp's; 4 gens done in three minutes, all gens done in 5. The overrall situation made me feel dissapointed with the nerfs.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

Dedicated server hits are pretty outrageous. You basically need to be running a vault build to not get smacked through windows these days.

Being downed while exhausted happens way too much now with dead hard and I have moved onto sprint burst unfortunately.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Bugs, unknown error/no network connection messages, dc's, terrible framerate. The usual DBD experience.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

If i compare it with the last three years it was average. Better than chained animations and worse than actually functioning sounds.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

I have been twirling and shaking the dwelfs as I carry them for the sweet bell noise really brightens my mood during trails lol

🐷💖

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

This exactly. It's a shame because DbD is a great game. Unfortunately, the development team is extremely short-sighted. They fix one bug and create three more. They tweak one thing and destroy two others. They have zero quality assurance/control function to properly test their ideas. They use the PTB for that role, which is filled with griefers, and players that DC/Suicide when it does not go their way. You can't test that way.

@JC316 I have done the same. Over the past year and a half I've gone more and more to killer play due to the frustration of solo survivor play. My friends all quit playing due to too many griefing play styles in a casual game, so I'm stuck with killer. Game is much better on this side than the other though.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281

I stopped playing for multiple weeks, played again today and remembered why i stopped playing. Even the challenges aren't worth playing, just feels like a waste of 10 bucks. I will try again in a couple of months i think.

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407

I gave DBD a break, I've been doing gameplay walkthrough of The first Dead Rising on my YT

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Meh. Nerfed killers constantly and SWF is still OP.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

Awful. This matchmaking system has been complete dog #########, and then the devs decide to have the stupid idea of implementing the new rank reset system while matchmaking is broken. As rank 10 killer I'm getting nothing but rank 2 SWF. But as rank 9 survivor I'm facing rank 16 killers with rank 14 teammates.

The devs also somehow manage to create more bugs than they fix, so having to deal with those haven't been fun.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105

Mixed. Sometimes I have fun, sometimes I don't. I only have 20 hours put into the game since buying it in November, so I'm absolutely still completely trash. Like I'm truly terrible. And it's not so fun when I get randomly paired with higher ranked killers/survivors. I feel like I'm burdening the team half the time, which kinda sucks. But with games where everyone is terrible, I feel more comfortable making (and learning) from my mistakes. So, my enjoyment is completely dependent on the matchmaking system, which has been really random for me.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

As usual, ######### awful. Bugs that stop us from getting games and super long lobby times, people getting kicked from games, infinite loading screens, matchmaking is dire. Etc.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,899

That's wonderful. Its nice to know the Dwelfs are bringing festive cheer where ever they go.

• justaSpirit_phase
    justaSpirit_phase Member Posts: 142

Really bad server connection on both sides even if I have good WiFi, something’s been up for the past to days. There’s been teleporting claudettes, Michael Jackson style walking megs and killers downing me 100 feet away. Good times man.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

My experience has been lots and lots of terrible matchmaking.

It was fine for me before the Oni patch, idk what happened.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

As killer, 75% win rate lately and got most challenges done. As survivor, <50% win rate stuck on Dark Sense challenge. Overall much better than before and I'm enjoying myself.

• Famicx
    Famicx Member Posts: 55

I find myself enjoying dbd more if I don't play everyday, so I play other games more often. I had more fun before dedicated servers, that's for sure

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I've experienced lots of terrible matchmaking.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

Too many bugs..

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230

Days where I crush butts, and days where I get smoked.

Days where everyone is a good sport, and days where people tell me to kill myself and call me slurs.

Just an average day in dbd.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

pallet- pallet- pallet- hit- pallet- pallet- they screw up, dead hard- pallet- pallet

hook them- find someone else- pallet - pallet- hook- instant save in my face- borrowed time- decisive strike- all gens done.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    edited December 2019

Gens can really go fast, it just needs good team mates. Sadly, you won't find good team mates in solo Q. Red ranks is filled with potatoes and the few good solo survivors either quitted the game or just can't take the frustration to play solo anymore and switched to play swf (like myself).

From my experience: give me 3 good team mates (my skill level or slightly less)and voice chat and we make a joke about every killer.

• MarsAttacks
    MarsAttacks Member Posts: 179

Two years ago this game was so survivor sided it wasn't even funny

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Solo Q: awful af. Just nope, lost all interest playing solo survivor. To much frustration.

Swf: fun. A lot of fun.

Killer: to stressful. Can't experiment, always need to equip sweaty loudouts in case I verse a sweaty swf group

This game is only fun and chill for swf.

Solos and killers take the short end in this game.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I rarely play SWF, but as a solo survivor, it's been kinda difficult since it feels like the balance changes are around SWF.

Also, map designs are really getting to me and how every killer has to rely on RNG, especially Huntress. With that said, as a Huntress main, I feel like with every patch this killer gets easier and easier to loop. Mainly due to some loops eye level loops being so unreliable with hatchet throws. I also noticed that there are more trees and debris so it's harder to hit long range hatchets. Hopefully she gets some QoL buffs, because she's still strong, but needs a little more lovin.

However, I've been playing a lot more Plague and Spirit and I am having a lot of fun playing them! Plague can get frustrating, especially since you get like 0 deviousness points as her, but overall I enjoy them.

With that being said, I'm just hopeful that the audio can get fixed, as well as some more perk balancing. (the meta has legit not changes since the SC nerf).