The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fix the dedicated server latency

I have had far too many games where the "ping" still heavily favours the killer. I get a nice stable 30 ping to the "server" but still have the incidents where I have clearly escaped a situation on my screen, only to be knocked down/ hit AFTER completing a stun or moving out of the way of a killers lunge. Like I mean CLEARLY being out of the way; animations finished, hit-boxes having no chance of colliding/ overlapping.

It's getting very irritating when you think you've just done a nice outplay, only to be subjected to the wonders of connection latency.

Why bother with dedicated servers if this game is still going to rely on the killers real time perspective?

(I do understand that dedicated servers have "improved" the game connection, I'm just disappointed by the lack of current quality)

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019

The servers have to prioritise the killer's connection. That was one of the biggest problems when they first came out, because while latency is mildly annoying for survivors, for killers like Huntress and Plague especially it makes the game virtually unplayable. Zero latency for everyone would be ideal, obviously, but as long as it exists, it affects killers much worse than it does survivors.

• Gesteppie
    Gesteppie Member Posts: 29

It'd be nice if they could do a deal with ISP's like other big gaming companies do to have priority lanes in connections with players. That would reduce the little "hiccup" spikes and further reduce latency.

"You are a chair, darling,"

"I CAN DREAM, HAROLD"