Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The killer shouldn't be able to see a hexed totem.

I've played way too many matches where the killer would camp their hexed totem because the survivors could cleanse them. It's annoying enough if it's hex ruin or devour hope but to make more salt in the would they won't leave the totem if they see where it is. If survivors can't see exit gates or the hatch without a perk it should be the same for killers running their hexes.

Comments

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

If survivors can't see exit gates or the hatch without a perk it should be the same for killers running their hexes.

The Hex Perks are perks... and part of those perk types is seeing your hex totem(s).

• DaddyTrappy24
    DaddyTrappy24 Member Posts: 14

That sounds like bad gameplay on the killers part. And sorry you have to deal with games like that. But I disagree. If a killer can't see the totem, they have no defense for a perk that can help them win or lose.

If a killer is camping a totem, than the strategy is to just leave and do gens. If a killer decides to camp it, that's just strategy and it could cost them. And killers already have a disadvantage of general totem spawn locations. Often destroyed right in the beginning of the game.

• iamscumqueen101
    iamscumqueen101 Member Posts: 101

You do realize if a killer camps a totem you can just do gens right?

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Why shouldn't killers see their own totem? It's literally been blessed by The Entity. Also, why is this even an issue when chances are you're going to spawn with it while the killer is on the opposite side of the map anyway?

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240

survivor's shouldn't be able to see other survivor's when downed.

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

Is that a joke ? You can cleanse any totem in 16s.

Also you can follow this simple rules who works with nearly everything in the game :

If the killer is camping .... , do a gen. If the killer is camping a gen, go for another or ....

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Looks like a survivor sided view. Hex totems are risky enough to use, you wouldn't ask for this if you ever used a hex perk as killer. That's like asking for Hex totems not being lit up for survivors. And the "counter" is already explained

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963

Bruh, it's not April fools' today so I rate the joke 1/10

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited December 2019

Let him camp his Hex so that he keeps his bad Ruin. He apparently needs it, when he equips it AND chooses to camp his Hex instead of putting Pressure on Survivors.

In fact, Killers should know which Hex is which, to see if a Survivor is just cleansing a good Hex or a Haunted Ground Totem.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

The entitlement is unreal. Imagine thinking killers should be able to just not see their hexes at all because they can stop survivors from getting rid of them. Jesus man

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226

Maybe they are hoping they change it so the killer cant see it but the survivors can.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Okay, so when can Killers get Deerstalker for free? 😜

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

Then how are they supposed to get off of the hook then? Magic?

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

But yet it's okay for killers to run Hex Ruin with Iron Maiden, Barbeque and Chilli, and nurses calling but yet we're supposed to just take it. It's no wonder more and more people quit playing this stupid game. I've played killer plenty of times and I don't need to play dirty or tunnel and camp to pip up in rank. Freddy Kruger is way op now that they buffed him but that's a whole other topic.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

Honestly they should show all totems, lit or otherwise to the killer, without any difference between the two.

A bad killer goes to their totem at the beginning of the game. It might work in their favor, but most Survivors hit a gen up to even see if they have to worry about Hex Ruin. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a killer pass by me, then hightailed to where they came from just so I could cleanse the Totem they stupidly checked at the beginning of the game.

The perk is meant to buy you some time, and you take the risk of loading in with a hex that is in the survivors line of sight or otherwise out in the open for easy cleansing.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

... You're complaining about Iron Maiden?

But when killer uses a hex perk that becomes a part of their objective. Hex's aura gets revealed the same way generators and exit gates do so the killer can protect them.

• Megatome
    Megatome Member Posts: 34

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. If a killer is camping a totem, just ignore the totem. The killer is wasting time being in the proximity of the totem that could be spent hunting down survivors-- this isn't problematic, it's just bad gameplay. You're playing incorrectly.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, if a killer is camping a totem, that means they aren't pressuring gens / chasing survivors. That's an easy escape.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

That would honestly make totems last longer tbh, I go wherever the killer goes at the start of the match because most of the time they go straight to the hex at the beginning.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

Nah bro they just wanna get rid of totems altogether

• The_Meh_Teh
    The_Meh_Teh Member Posts: 136

This is a bad idea.

• batmanscar
    batmanscar Member Posts: 466

yeah thats totally fair , so its fine that a killer gets a perk completely removed and has no way of knowing when it's being removed to try and keep it yet 4 survivors get to keep their 4 perks the entire match , ok /s