There really needs to be something done about killers that lobby dodge

Options
DBDIT
DBDIT Member Posts: 172

#1's excuse out of #7 (So far)

#7 takes the cake on entitled killers

Since I didn't, he quits out. Why is this allowed to be a continuous thing honestly?

Comments

• DBDIT
    Options

Everyone doesn't always play SWF nor is the game centered around it. You can call only playing maps that you tend to win on an advantage, right or wrong?

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226
    Options

@DBDIT you agree with me on the leaving a match mid load then, cuz i said its lame to leave once everyone pressed ready in lobby. And as for making excuses and biases, everyones biased to an extent, i try to argue for both sides

• LustForBP
    LustForBP Member Posts: 611
    Options

Have an open-mind before you start a discussion. I opened one on Killers and Tunneling and I’m a killer main against it.

Its entirely the players decision if they want to play on a certain map. I don’t lobby dodge because I enjoy being challenged and well-versed across the board. But PMing a player for leaving BEFORE the match starts is petty. Move on to the next.

Nobody is making excuses except for you. It seems you’re mad because you didn’t get the opportunity to attempt to bully a killer on a map they’re probably not good at.

• DBDIT
    Options

You obviously didn't read the messages or ignored them. Show me where I messaged them before the game started. These were during the load screen startup and AFTER they continuously lobby dodged. Attempt to bully the killer? Nah, I don't play like you so please don't make assumptions

• LustForBP
    edited December 2019
    Options

I said PMing them for “leaving BEFORE the match starts”.... can’t read much? 🤔

also, I don’t bully killers because I’m a killer main and know the pain (so please don’t make assumptions, right?). I play for enjoyment regardless of escaping. I like surprise moments from killers that make me jump. It’s not all about winning (also a red rank on both).

• DBDIT
    Options

And you assumed the first guy didn't leave DURING mid load or you didn't read it. How else would he know to dc after seeing the map offering? He literally said it but you chose to ignore it and continue with your own input.

• IceCreamPrincess
    Options

@DBDIT i dont see where i excused what he did, infact i believe what i said was what he did was lame (in the whole, leaving when you pressed ready in a lobby part) i didnt choose to ignore it. I just added input thats more broad, instead of aimed at that one person

• DBDIT
    Options

"AFTER they continuously lobby dodged" - I included the entire message with a previous time stamp, which indicates that this isn't the first time it's happened with that person. Your comprehension skills are lacking my guy😂

• LustForBP
    Options

No, yours are. It’s not your decision to make on whether that particular person wants to stay in the lobby. Get off your high horse.

• DBDIT
    Options

So then what are you pressed about? Is it because I showed the messages? Too bad. If I REALLY wanted to be a prick I could've included his gamertag but that wasn't my goal. I just wanted to showcase a few reasons WHY killers leave and how ridiculous it is. Funny how you failed to mention anything about this killer telling me to play a certain character but I'm not surprised anymore. People will make an excuse for everything on here that killers do.

• IceCreamPrincess
    Options

@DBDIT what am i pressed about? I dont get understand that but im gonna assume you're asking why am i angry or upset about it, and im not. You seem to thing i have some sort of grievance with this, when all i said that i personally think that leaving a match is lame, leaving in the lobby is fine, and messaging people in PMs because you dont like what theyre doing is lame, thats it

What he said was of no matter, if he had said anything offensive then sure I'd disagree with that, but saying he wanted claudettes? Who cares. None of that matters, people will have excuses for leaving after hitting ready, I'll never agree with them unless its an actual emergency or something

And as for "i could have added their gamertag", that would have simply had the post removed

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I disagree because if I see a swf group I will lobby Dodge 30% of the time because going against swf as killer isn't fun at all, and if you're talking about the ragequit in matches then I also disagree because again swf=not fun

• kate_main
    kate_main Member Posts: 178
    Options

No,if so many people lobby dodge you there is a reason.

• DBDIT
    Options

"but saying he wanted claudettes? Who cares" - you're still not getting it. Let me ask you an honest question with this logic of yours. If I, as a survivor, wanted to only play against Hags for whatever reason and quit out of matches once I found out it wasn't what I wanted it'd be fair according to you right? "Who cares" as you say. The game is not designed to work on a "give me what I want or I'll leave" basis and that goes for both sides obviously.

• IceCreamPrincess
    Options

@DBDIT you are misinterpreting what i have said. In your example, you only want to play against hags, so you load up a match, run around, see its not hag and leave, i would disagree with it, because you still pressed ready up in lobby with everyone else and went in. If a killer was to enter a match, load in and see that theres an object or obsession or something and they left, i would also disagree. But if you're in the lobby, and as killer you see no claudettes and for whatever reason want to go against them, you can just press leave lobby and that would be fine.

I agree with your whole idea that people should stick it out, but when theyre still in the lobby, theres no harm and no foul in leaving it, because no match has started, you havent ready uped. Once that 5 second countdown starts and youre loading into the match, thats when its lame, everything before (in my opinion) is fair game.

• DBDIT
    Options

You know what else isn't fun? Going against Freddy's that run PGTW, Ruin, BBQC and Thanatobia with teleportation and blood spots or fake pallets. I don't have the luxury of seeing killers before the match and it should stay that way. With that being said, I'm not going to quit just because I come across them either because THE GAME IS NOT SUPPOSE TO CATER TO EITHER SIDE. SWF is a part of the game. I don't run away from those groups and (surprise) I've gotten better, as my GF, overtime because that's how it works. Literally just lost to a Pig (rnk 2) that only had "make your choice" and no addons and she got a 4k. You think she got that good overnight? It's practice.

• DBDIT
    Options

I disagree but that's fine, it's your opinion. If the game had a challenge to specifically target certain characters (and it doesn't) then maybe I could see why. You, as a killer, TELLING me to play a certain character is bogus and not what this game is about. Surely you understand that.

• DBDIT
    Options

Yep that's why I laid out these instances specifically because it happens with new and old players that I come across.

• IceCreamPrincess
    Options

@DBDIT oh of course, forcing people to pick people you specifically want is ridiculous, everyone has the right to play whoever they want regardless of other peoples opinion. Thats why what the guy said is stupid. I said it doesn't matter what he said and who cares, because its an excuse, and there are few excuses to justify leaving a match in progress.

I believe you took what i said to be "who cares let him do what he wants" when it means "who cares, what hes saying is irrelevant, hes still lame for leaving"

But if he left whilst it was still a lobby, then thats fair game, because theres no harm in that, just requeue and go on

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

SWF is a possibility for every player, so i can call it an advantage lol

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    Options

I completely agree there needs to be something done about survivors that lobby dodge moris / the game / hawkin offerings.

On the second guy, I'd like to assume he's trying to get leatherface's claudette mask? otherwise survivor doesn't matter as far as I know.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Even if they wanted to. There is nothing they really can do about lobby dodging. Just accept some people are cowards and move on.

• DBDIT
    Options

I disagree. It becomes a problem when waiting 5 minutes for a match accumulates into 10, 15 minutes in between matches.

• DBDIT
    Options

Even if he was I probably would've helped him since I'm already Rnk 1 and don't mind. I like Hogwarts personally but I digress. Telling me to just play a character for no reason? Absolutely not.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

That's because killers are fed up with getting bullied by SWF's on broken maps that give them the complete advantage that they choose on purpose, running coms with tool boxes, insta-heals, keys, and clicky-clicky.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I didn't say it wasn't a problem. No matter how much killer mains like to pretend it isn't. It is. I simply said there isn't a solution. Because there really isn't.

• DBDIT
    Options

So if killers put on maps that give them some sort of an advantage it's fine right? Any other excuses?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Thats technically not lobby dodging its dcing and will be punished with the upcoming timeout system they just tested.

Lobby dodging only happens before everyone ready's up.

• DBDIT
    Options

I gotcha now but I believe when there's a will there's a way. It's just tricky without it benefitting one side more than the other.

• ThisGuuy83
    Options

Im not giving you an excuse, I'm telling you why. You asked, right? So quit whining and attacking everyone on here that doesn't agree with you. I never use map offerings because I think there a waste of a better offering, but I only get 1 as killer. A team of sWF's can literally dictate the game before it ever even starts. 1 can run a map off, while the others run whatever bs they want. They all know the map and the exploits of it. So, your telling me the balance is fair? Get off your high horse and have a snickers buddy. Your not yourself when your hungry. 😉

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 50
    Options

Man you need to chill out, this is forums not an arena where you battle everyone who you disagree with. You can disagree, no need to attack other opinions though by calling them excuses and such.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42
    Options

Yeah I’ve played both sides and when you see all 4 survs with toolboxes I’m just like “I’m good” and dodge, I don’t dodge once the match has started no matter the map or offerings it’s only a game at the end of the day, I do love salty survs though that dc at the start if they get downed but I like to let the last surv get hatch or door to balance it a bit they shouldn’t get punished for the dc then again I’m probably one of the nice killers 😂

• DBDIT
    Options

Oh God so now you're a fortune teller now, lmao. You DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT know why these guy quit out other than not playing Yamakoa and wanting a specific survivor. "Stop whining" - says the guy currently whining who has no idea what he's talking about. If you're not making an excuse then use your big boy words and explain exactly how 1. Yamakoa is a problem map and 2. What was our purpose of using that map? I can't wait to hear your next assumption 😉

• Ace_Of_Spades
    Ace_Of_Spades Member Posts: 68
    Options

LMAO His argument is just as solid as yours in the tunneling forum. If you can whine so can the OP. Hypocrisy is petty. And an open mind? How about they take a look at your thread and see if you have an "open mind." Smdh

• DBDIT
    Options

You're just trying to be provocative or lack the necessary comprehension skills that are required to understand what's going on. You pick out a random post and claim that I'm "attacking" them based on what YOU feel is happening. If you don't have anything of use to add to this then feel free to leave and enjoy the rest of your day🙂

• LustForBP
    Options

Lmfao. You just have to be the center of attention don’t you? Please, have them take a look at my thread. I have more of an open-mind than the majority commenting. I’m a killer main in opposition of tunneling early-game. That’s open-minded. Not quite sure what you think about it that isn’t? Do enlighten me though!

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

Lobby Dodging really isn't an issue with dedicated servers, but you are talking about killers that leave once they see an offering they don't like. Yes, that should be a no-no, but survivors do this too when the killer brings a secret offering. My suggestion would be to nix the offerings animation altogether and let us see what people brought after the match is over.

• DBDIT
    Options

I asked you two honest questions and you respond with memes. Your credibility just went right out the window. Obviously I'm not dealing with another adult on your end but that's fine. Just go on about your day.

• DBDIT
    Options

I believe you but unfortunately console hasn't gotten the transition yet and that's actually a good solution all around. I know survivors have their shenanigans too so I agree.

• ThisGuuy83
    Options

No, you insulted me first just for answering your question. Then you insulted me again when I answered you back. Honestly, I could care less about this lil back n forth, I have better things to do. But attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you isn't the way to go. Now, I'll leave you in peace, and you can blow this topic up about me. I'm out, and don't care anymore. Have a nice day! ✌

• DBDIT
    Options

You consider me saying "any other excuses" to be an insult? Wow. I'm truly sorry for my impactful words, but thanks for answering my questions and enjoy the rest of your day as well 🙂

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited December 2019
    Options

"Wow you don't wanna play a match where the survivors dictate what map we go to and thus can prepare for it meanwhile I have no way of knowing and my build/killer power can be completely shattered by that map, you're totally biased against survivors, how dare you". Same goes for killers, don't run moronic builds that only work on the smallest maps in the game and then get upset when people don't wanna play your match because it's rigged against them.

• Waldorf_2R3
    Waldorf_2R3 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Your argument is invalid, survivors are basically skins after a certain point, you can use all perks on any of them. However, different killers do different things. It's not like if you play claud you get x ability. Most of the comments that you are getting upset about is people telling you to calm down, lobby dodging isn't bad, DCing after the match starts is. Don't take everything so personally, everyone else is just sticking up for the people who probably won't see this post and can't defend themselves.

This discussion has been closed.