Leather face, how would you buff him?

Options

For a while now it seems that leather face is just a bad billy, how would you guys and gals buff him? His own add ons? Different way of using the chainsaw? Or something I’ve not thought of?

Comments

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

Make his shrieks louder.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42
    Options

Although potentially terrifying maybe they could add something on the shrieks? Defund or something could be cool

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    Options
  • AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

XD no worries. But yeah, something with Bubba just being completely nuts.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,260
    edited December 2019
    Options

I'm being straight forward with my proposal but here's some basic suggestions. Nothing new here by the way.

1. The Cannibal's charge meter now starts his Chainsaw Sweep when full regardless. This means you can no longer lazily hold it in place. However the longer you balance the charge between letting go and filling up the meter the faster the meter will change over time. So if you've held it for 5 seconds it will be incredibly difficult to hold it in place. This will assist in reducing camping situations but also it will stop those rare instances where Cannibal players will attempt a quick sweep and let go at 99% by accident.
    2. The Cannibal's movement speed is set to 110% while charging his chainsaw
    3. The Cannibal no longer has a movement speed penalty when cancelling Chainsaw Sweep
    4. The Cannibal can cancel his Chainsaw Sweep early. This does not invoke Tantrum as The Cannibal did not collide with any surfaces.
    5. The Cannibal's Chainsaw Sweep has its duration reset and movement speed increased when downing a survivor.

Also let's say all 5 suggestions above were added to the game. I'd also add a nerf to stop camping because in a non-camping scenario this nerf wouldn't hurt him.

• Chainsaw Sweep now has a 10 second cooldown upon use or cancellation. Cooldown begins at the end of Chainsaw Sweep on use.

You can still camp with M1 but now you need to be smart with your chainsaw plays.

Additionally here are two other buffs

1. Chili addons fixed
    2. Missing addons added (Ultra-Rare and other missing options)

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Remove his mask.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
    Options

How about making his chainsaw like Billy's where it isn't constantly rumbling in your ear.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    Options

These do sound good, I like being able to cancel if you’ve clearly missed might as well take the penalty as soon as possible

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,260
    Options

Cancelling Chainsaw Sweep early wouldn't give you a tantrum because the Cooldown exist. Apologies for the edit I'll clarify again as I probably added that last bit in when you replied.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    Options

That could be a quality of life change, at least have an option to turn it off or lower the volume

• ZFennecFox
    Options

They have Muffler add-ons but with as loud as it is it makes it very easy for people to loose track of crying survivors of just breathing in general.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    Options

Yeah I’ve had that happen to me it’s a real shame when it does happen as well, maybe in chase or a period after hitting a survivor it goes mute for 30 seconds or something as an add on could even mute the revs on next chainsaw as well adds some risk to the survivors

• ZFennecFox
    Options

Increase the charge time by a 0.30 seconds and completely remove the rumble. That would be substantial improvement.

The only other thing I can think of would be to decrease the time it takes to recover from destroying a pallet.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,660
    Options

Just make his base charge time, and movement speed while charging, faster. You literally have to breathe down a survivor's neck to down them with him.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Bubba get stunned by a pallet while using chainsaw. Bubba should break the pallet like Billy. This is huge time waster and survivors getting huge distance. This need to change. Also all his add ons are garbage expept carburator and beast marks.

• TheCoolDBDGamer
    TheCoolDBDGamer Member Posts: 92
    Options
    1. The Cannibal's charge meter now starts his Chainsaw Sweep when full regardless. This means you can no longer lazily hold it in place. However the longer you balance the charge between letting go and filling up the meter the faster the meter will change over time. So if you've held it for 5 seconds it will be incredibly difficult to hold it in place. This will assist in reducing camping situations but also it will stop those rare instances where Cannibal players will attempt a quick sweep and let go at 99% by accident.
    2. The Cannibal's movement speed is set to 110% while charging his chainsaw
    3. The Cannibal no longer has a movement speed penalty when cancelling Chainsaw Sweep
    4. The Cannibal can cancel his Chainsaw Sweep early. This does not invoke Tantrum as The Cannibal did not collide with any surfaces.
    5. The Cannibal's Chainsaw Sweep has its duration reset and movement speed increased when downing a survivor.

Chainsaw Sweep now has a 10 second cooldown upon use or cancellation. Cooldown begins at the end of Chainsaw Sweep on use.

1. Chili addons fixed
    2. Missing addons added (Ultra-Rare and other missing options)

He can also use his chainsaw the same way Hillbilly can,

When Bubba get's stunned by a pallet he will instantly break the Pallet like Demogorgon does, in his basekit.

When playing Leatherface/Bubba and you are camping the Basement with Insidious, you should lose +100k bp from the match.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
    Options

He needs to not be slowed down so much when he begins revving his chainsaw. He gets a slow, meanwhile Billy gets free map pressure and practically no slow. They also need to fix his chilli addons *they are broken and dont do anything, and have been broken forever*

They could also give him the yellow scratchmarks addon basekit. Half the time the survivor can run in a straight line and just outrun the chainsaw. Also the last swing of his chainsaw needs to have a hit box, it can literally go through survivors but It doesn't damage them.

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241
    Options

This! Bubba doesn't have map pressure but his chainsaw is easier to down people with than Billy's.. If they're close.

So increase his revving speed to 100%, maybe slightly decrease the revving time as well, and we have a solid killer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,669
    Options

First of all, Movement Speed set to 100% when starting his Chainsaw.

Second, I would change the Mechanic to Billys so that it does start when the Chainsaw is fully charged, instead of holding it at this point. This would give Leatherface some Mindgame Potential, but he would still be a lot weaker than Billy because of the missing Map Pressure.

Add Ons need a full rework, together with the shared ones of Hillbilly. Like a Tuning Guide is too strong for a green Add On on Billy, but I would not consider it as too strong for Leatherface, because Leatherface is so bad.

So yeah, change the copy&paste Add Ons and make the unique Add Ons meaningfull, the Chili Add Ons do not prevent any noticeable benefit. And more Add Ons, I would rather see some of the Copy&Paste Add Ons removed and replaced by unique Add Ons.

This would also buff the Reputation of Leatherface a little bit, he looks even worse than he is, because you compare him to Billy anyway, because their Kit is almost the same (many shared Add Ons and a Chainsaw).

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

I like his design. If devs will add a cooldown or remove instadown, I'll go back to Spirit. I dont play Bubba for 4k. I play him for respect. Survivors dont run in front of him. Survivors dont swarm hooks. If you take it away, Bubba will become meaningless. You can only buff his movement when using his chainsaw.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    edited December 2019
    Options

I say give him his infamous chainsaw throw. That would be so AWESOME! Yeah, you would have to go retrieve it, but it's another option for his saw. It would work the same as the other on a charge, and you would have to time it right, can't make it too easy, but man that would be cool. I would also kill the chainsaw noise until he actually uses it. Leatherface is actually a stealthy killer until he fires up the saw...

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    Options

Make insidious base kit

• ViolentSh4de
    ViolentSh4de Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2019
    Options

Here's my short rework

-Remove bump tantrum

-Make it so his Chainsaw breaks pallets and keeps going, also double his chainsaw pallet break speed

-Only tantrums if he doesn't hit a survivor or pallet

-Make it so you can only cancel chainsaw with M1 to remove the annoying 99% rev issue

-M1 should be able to cancel his saw while swinging too

-Make chainsaw charge like half a second faster or make him 105% while revving

Honestly all they have to do

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112
    Options

Remove those shrieks, they just make him an annoying little f