Totem counter when?

Options
2»

Comments

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

I agree.

If NOED gets a killer more than 1 or 2 hooks, then that is on the survivors.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

You're upset the game doesn't hold your hand, or is the problem that you can't count to five yourself? Stop acting like a victim when you choose to not use the available perks.

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75
    Options

It is a nerf because not all SWF coordinate on how many totems are left.

I can only recall doing it 1 time ever.

Whereas if there was a counter then everybody would go out of their way to break them.

• disconnectbybuglite
    Options

Simple. STOP CRYING AND JUST LOOK FOR THE TOTEM. There. Hope I fixed your problem :)

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

they will do a perk for that, if you know what I mean...

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    edited December 2019
    Options

I'm solo.

Currently running DS/Inner Strength/Lithe (used to be DH but it's currently unreliable)/Detective's Hunch

My team hardly ever goes down to NOED, I make great BP, and I pip almost every game.

Hrmmmm, I wonder why. I also don't struggle vs Ruin...hrmmmmm

If people don't want to run Small Game/Detective's Hunch/Map, or even just cleanse totems as they see them, that's on them.

NOED is trash against a team with even 1-2 survivors running anti-totem stuff.

The game already has enough anti-totem stuff - I doubt the devs are ever going to give 'freebies' like a totem counter, chase indicator, etc. given their recent statement regarding built-in Kindred.

I'm also not a fan of anything that discourages build variety and, evidently, neither are the devs.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    Options

You clearly don't understand the difference between a 1 v 4 asymmetrical game, and other PvP offerings. Adding a totem counter would discourage build variety, in an already stale meta. What the ######### would be the point to detective's hunch or small game if a totem counter existed? And don't give me that ######### about Thrill of the Hunt. The totems belong to the killer and they deserve to have information that survivers don't in terms of that.

Get over yourself. A lot of people, like myself, do just fine as a solo without a totem counter. Just run small game if it bothers you so much. But wait, that would disturb your oh so important meta ######### build wouldn't it? Sounds to me like you want free information without having to slot a perk for it. And if you hate "balancing with perks" so much, why the ######### are you even playing this game? Giving survivors more baseline information would destabilize the ######### game.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    Options

Gonna use your head when?

Just remember where the totems are, count the ones you have cleansed and ones cleansed by others, its that simple I know.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

We are not balancing around potatoes. We balance on highest plays. Highest plays includes communicating dull totems.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

You already have perks that help you find dull totems. Detective's Hunch is my personal favorite. If killers want to keep track of totems, they have to run the perk Hex: Thrill of The Hunt.

There is no need. or a totem counter unless you're a survivor that doesn't want to put effort into the game.