A question for the console players

I heard rumors about dbd in console. I'm a PC player so I dunno if that's true. So PS4 and Xbox players pls answer this question; Is playing killer on console that bad?

If my information is accurate the killer wait times are 2 seconds and the survivor's is 10 minutes (completely opposite from PC BTW) and u have 89% chance to be against swf. Can someone please verify this information? I would appreciate it.

Comments

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    edited December 2019

It isn't that bad for me. There are occasional frame stutters when reaching blood lust, but even this has become more and more rare. People go on and on about how terrible the killer experience is right now, but I remember it being much worse. Maybe that's why it doesn't seem so bad to me, because I've seen the game in a much worse state.

Been playing for nearly two years on Xbox, 1.1k hours.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

It depends which killer you’re playing. When you play killers like Hag the frames drop drastically makes the game choppy to the point where it’s hard to hit a survivor. If you play Doctor is makes the game choppy for the survivors.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Well its definitly a very special experience.

I can only talk about the higher ranks and there you have longer queue times as surv compared to the instant killer queues.

I cant confirm the 89% but you have a high number of swf no matter if 2, 3 or 4 man. Its really easy to connect with others at least on ps4.

The worst things on console for me are still the fps, bad controller sensetivity and the 360 issue where you get hits denied.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Xbox rank 1.

Wait time for killer is like 2 minutes at most. Survivor is maybe 5-10 minutes, solo or SWF.

Yes, majority of your games are against SWF but not all of them are good players. Only the red rank SWF are really good. I've had purple rank SWF try to bully me and it just ended badly for them.

Frame rate is fine for the most part it just hitches/drops frames sometimes. Usually when you get bloodlust there is a big frame drop. If you play Hag or Doc you get a lot of frame drops. It's playable, but it does get annoying after a while.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I get an average of 20 FPS. Auto-aim has screwed me over a ton. Large maps, BloodLust and FF drop the frames even more. 360'ing is difficult to deal with because of low sensitivity. Some Killers, ahem Doctor, cause insane lag.

• Ace_Of_Spades
    Ace_Of_Spades Member Posts: 68

Killer quick wait time. Survivor long. Swf is very common. Be it 2 3 or 4 player parties, albeit 4 man sed is a little rare.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

It's so easy to get 360'd on console because of garbo frame drops. So many survivors abuse it because of this fact too

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

Your information is accurate. The worst things about console killer are the sensitivity limitations and frames will drop on occasion, more so the longer you play because their must be some memory leakage going on. That said, it's not that bad for the most part as long as you crank your sensitivity to 100 and don't play without restarting for hours, you'll still get spun by survivors though, autoaim can really ######### you too.

Killers that rely on precise aim are pretty gutted on console however. I personally really like Huntress but I gave up after a while, it's so frustrating when you mindgame, knowing what they're about to do and you still miss your hatchet, be it deadzones or the lack of any smooth motions like a mouse can do, it just makes you want to stop trying after a while. Even worse for Nurse. You see players on PC who can blink and quickly 360 M1. Yeah, that ain't happening, good luck even 180ing if you blink past.

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195

Yes, it's quite bad. I play both PC and PS4 and it is a massive difference.

Framerate and controls/sensitivity are terrible and make tracking survivor movements really painful.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

The 89% isn't real I just said it in order to show the commonness of swf

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

It’s not unplayable but there are a few things...

1. As @NoOneImportant stated, 360’s are much more viable due to very sudden movements survivors can make. You can physically turn your camera fast enough because the sensitivity is awful. Makes survivors think they’re some kinda legend for their 360’s when it wouldn’t work on PC.
    2. Sometimes when Bloodlust 1 activates, you get a sudden frame drop and your game pauses for a second and your character turns around in the other direction making you lose track of the survivor.
    3. FPS in general is not great.
    4. Nurse, Huntress, and Oni are not going to be as easy to use or viable as they would on PC due to sensitivity issues and FPS drops.
    5. Hag and Demogorgon literally destroy my PS4. They lag so much it’s like I’m playing in stop motion.

Players overexaggerate how “bad” console is. The FPS is not great and you can’t play some killers as well as they would be on PC, but for the most part I can play killer perfectly fine. Just not as smooth as it would be on PC.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    edited December 2019

I tried it out: it's miserable and a pain in the ass. I really can't enjoy it.

My background: I played a lot of ps3 back in the days and absolutly familiar with a controller. Even today, I play apex with a controller. No issues, every smooth and everything as it should be. But, oh boi.... DbD on a controller is a nightmare. Everything feels sluggish, choppy, unintuitive and I rather play nothing than dbd on a console again.

And that's not even including the bad optimisation and graphics.

DbD needs keyboard and mouse support on console like the new cod mw title or fortnite. Especially since bhvr is planning/thinking about Crossplay features.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,946

It can get super framey to the point you don't even wanna play killer

• x_zar2
    x_zar2 Member Posts: 6

Whenever I play as killer I get a game within seconds if not a minute, but I usually get full Squads, so 9/10 of my games are a pain to deal with.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Playing Killer is fun. Whats unfun is the frame drops, it happens every once in a while but its still unfortunate.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

It's pretty ridiculous honestly, at least on the ps4. There is always a constant string of swf. I've ran into like two solo survivors this month alone. Just two, I know this because I asked if they were swf.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Depends I get frame drops when I bloodlust which causes me to miss attacks or when auto aim makes me sometimes hit a pallet instead of the person I'm chasing

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Been playing on the Xbox since it came out and have only played as the Killers. It's a fine experience on my end. I've never experienced framerate issues with any Killer. The Nurse is the only Killer I'd say is probably harder to play on console just basing off what I see when I watch someone on PC play as her. Other than that it's fine and the wait times are relatively short. Usually takes like 3-4 minutes from the time you queue til the time you're in the map.

I dunno about Survive with Friends groups cause I dunno how to tell if they're together or not nor do I care cause iWin regardless.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

I have switched to PC in the last few months, but I am a former console player. I still play it on ps4 sometimes to play with friends, but I’ll occasionally play some killer- it’s bad. Survivors can much more easily juke the killer because of low sensitivity and inconsistent framerate.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

Ps4 player here. Red ranks. Can confirm my survivor ques are 5-10 min SWF or not but my killer que time is 5 seconds. Also i cant really tell if its always SWF or not but they usually load in together.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited December 2019

The killer queues are about 5-10 seconds.

Survivor queues can range from 2-5 minutes with it taking the shortest in a solo queue and longest in a trio.

There is a lot of lobby dodging done by killers, but for the most part it's not that bad.

As of killer being difficult to play, it depends. Huntress and Nurse are definitely difficult to play on console because of the precise aiming and control you need. But with a good controller and steady hands/wrists, Huntress becomes quite easy to play. (You can trust me on that as I am a Huntress main). As for the rest of the killers, they aren't bad as it's just M1ing.

I do find it to be a little easier to 360 a standard M1 killer on console, especially with nice, smooth thumb-sticks.

It's not bad overall. Unfortunately though, we are still stuck with lag-switching which is a pain in the ass.

The largest problem with console is the frame-rate drop. It is most prevalent on Switch and Xbox One, but can easily be avoided with a One S/X or if you play the Switch docked with a TV that can at least reach 1080P. PS4 gets the occasional drop typically when reaching Bloodlust tier 2, but a decent TV or even a PS4 Pro will completely remove them. I have a customized and modified PS4 Pro with a 4K TV so I don't experience drops at all, but I do have a friend with it on Xbox and he suffers from frame-rate drops constantly. It all depends on the hardware you have available, but frame-rate drops can easily be avoided with some 4-star hardware.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,046

The sensitivity is so #########. It's literally what turns an otherwise good killer into a laughing stock for survivors. They can 360 so easily and it's so effective. I want to play survivor more, I really do. But I'd rather sit a minute or two between killer games and face the bull ######### than to wait 6 minutes to get an awful team.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

From what I can tell from playing both.

Ps4

Random frame drops affect killers, Controllers for Survivor side is vastly superior to Keyboard and Mouse making certain movements possible that usually are not with Mouse and Keyboard. Also since Party Chat is in built with the PS4 SWF is significantly more common at all ranks and easier to do. With the PSN quick button you can see killer and the trophies to determine who they are and how much experience they could have. Also with the same feature you can invite the other survivors to a party to create a SWF.

PC

My experience on PS4 has made it so playing against survivors on PC especially SWF have been significantly easier. I'm used to the SWF groups and not easily bullied by survivors. On the other hand I have issues transitioning from a PS4 controller to a Mouse and Keyboard. I usually run into a bunch of derankers a few times a day. I keep my PS4 controller hooked up for these SwF groups though.

Survivor = Controller over Mouse and Keyboard

Killer = Mouse and Keyboard over Controller

Then again if you started playing survivor on Mouse and Keyboard I would understand if you considered my opinion wrong.

• dkyguy1995
    dkyguy1995 Member Posts: 45

In my experience playing killer on console isn't that bad. I have my sensitivity turned to max and I don't have problems getting 360'd or aiming hatchets. I think nurse is rather difficult being able to spin rapidly enough but I think she's just as hard on PC. I'd say PC makes it a little easier to turn and follow survivors but I really don't feel like I'm being hindered by the joysticks. Huntress is my favorite to play just because I've played enough CoD in my life to be pretty good with the hatchets. I'd say most people who talk ######### about playing on console haven't played it much.

I will say though there is frame stutter that isn't in a lot of other games. The game is definitely not optimized on console but it doesn't make it unplayable. I kind of wish they gave us options to turn down the graphics to improve the stutter but they only want people to see the nicest looking graphics

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Except the hair. Least they finally fixed that kinda.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Frame drops and poor turning make things harder too be sure..but its slowly getting better

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

Sometimes it can be bad. The fps is real bad for some killers with minor things and theres terrible fps when getting bloodlust. I'm on Xbox. Most times i 4k, even vs swf, but i come across mostly 2 man swf and solos during the afternoon. Between 6-10 pm its most mostly 2-3 man with some solos, from 11-6 am its a constant full swf with very few solos. In my region the matchmaking gets really bad for survivor ques (even as solo) between 6pm-6am. During that time killers ques are fast asf. During the other times of the day the waiting times are flipped. Ive learned this to know what time of the day is most efficient for me to play each side so i can,dodge the try hards and the potatoes. Can I ask you a unrelated question? How do you feel about dedicated servers in their current state

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

I would agree. Nurse is playable on console and has always been tbh. People just don't want to learn her. I was a constant 4king nurse console because not many people really knew how to play against her as well as she was a fine killer to play. She was effected by the optimization on console in comparison to pc as i played both a lor. dont play her anymore though, her new changes bore me with her basekit. Huntress does lack because of sensitivity and fps but not harshly.

People who say console is trash typically don't know what theyre talking about. However, to compare player between the 3 main platforms on did... Pc is the best.Xbox is second best in terms of players and optimization. Ps4 isnr great because out of my experience... I bought a ps4 to play with friends on dbd... It was bad. Almost every player is skilless (in my experience!) And the optimization is just sooooooooo bad. Some bugs that I have never seen before that have ruined my matches have come from ps4. I pray for you ps4 playerz

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Don't know if someone's already covered it, but honestly, the biggest issue I face playing this game on console at all is what happens to my controller...

For some reason I've noticed this weird thing where if I use a controller in this game alot, for some reason the left thumb stick will wear to the point that if you try to strafe left slightly or change your angle a few degrees, it gets really sticky and as killer, hinders my movement. It's like I stepped on a tack every time I need to make a slight adjustment to my Chase..

it's very frustrating, but it's definitely a hardware thing as I've done it to 2 controllers now

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019

Playing killer on console is borderline masochistic. Here's an overview:

1. No queue time, awesome!
    2. Match begins. 30FPS, #########.
    3. First chase. Lunge. Drop down to 10FPS. Miss.
    4. Where did that survivor go?
    5. Trying to mindgame loops by hiding my stain only to realize the controller at 100% sensitivity isn't fast enough to let me do this. Where did that survivor go?
    6. Teabagged at every pallet
    7. Finally death hook someone. Notification: Survivor has added you to a PS4 chat.
    8. Receive pop-ups of chat insults etc while still trying to focus on the game.
    9. Game is over. You are rank 12, survivors are all red rank.
    10. Feel stressed.
    11. ######### this #########.
    12. Notification: Escaped survivors also add you to a chat, make fun of you.
    13. Block a few people on the Playstation Network. Again.
    14. Repeat.
  • Tr0g
    edited December 2019

The wiggling aspect destroys thumbsticks, yes. Should be changed to a button tbh. Don't understand why they thought rotating a thumbstick 360 degrees over and over again with speed and force to wiggle would be a good thing.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

When someone say's a certain killer is unplayable on console (e.g Huntress). Take it with a grain of salt, it's likely bullshit.

• Tr0g
    edited December 2019

You try precisely aiming hatchets with 100% sensitivity. At that point the controller actually skips quite a lot of pixels, like using a cheap mouse at an artificially high sensitivity.

But if you lower the sensitivity you get 360'd all day. Pick your poison.

• Hag.is.Dtier

I mained Huntress for 2 years. I already precisely aimed plenty of hatchets. Not my problem if your too lazy to learn a high skill cap character.

• Tr0g

You should read up on DPI, sensitivity and pixel skipping. It is objectively true that cranking up the sensitivity on your controller decreases aiming accuracy.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

Most of the killers are fine on console. Just a small handful of exceptions like Nurse and Hag.

• Tr0g

Same applies to controllers. Anything above the default 50% sensitivity in-game, reduces the accuracy and introduces pixel skipping.

Bye.

• Dr_doom_j2

I don't know why you're arguing, he's obviously right and I've been playing longer than you. I mean your name is Hag is D-tier, you don't exactly have the credit to speak with any authority based on residence

• Hag.is.Dtier

I've been playing on console since day one. So when some idiot on the forums tells me that a killer I mained for around 2 ######### years is unplayable, I'm gonna call it out. My name is a piss take of Tydes tier list btw.

;)

• Hag.is.Dtier

You really think a Hag main would put her in D tier?

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226

Yes 99%of the games I play as killer are SWF and I can get games instantly on killer but survivor it takes ages.

i frequently have stutters when I’m chasing people and it has thrown me off a couple of times also when you start up DBD your console sounds like it’s a bout to explode.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity. And I have some doubts about the universe.

- Albert Einstein

Ignore him dude. Trust me I know more than anyone that there are stupid people in this world.

• Dr_doom_j2

Oh, ok that's fair. I know plenty of people who've played both since the begining and they say it's definitely harder to play hag and nurse on console. I don't have my own word to go on by because I never played on PC, but I personally don't feel too hindered while playing nurse... But O definitely do playing huntress, and I out some time into her in the beginning. She was one of my first mains too

• Hag.is.Dtier
    edited December 2019

Hag is fine on console. The only thing I hate is the low camera angle. I've seen some great console, Huntress players recently.

• The_Meh_Teh
    The_Meh_Teh Member Posts: 136

Killer on console is the BEST! No complaints.

Wait times depend on the time of day not survivor or killer

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

The framerate is really bad sometimes, and the sensitivity could be higher. My only complains about playing on console. Both sides, surv and killer.