The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer Rankings as of Patch 3.4.2

I feel the top 5 and bottom 4 are for the most part undeniable. This takes into account the possible builds you can do with each killer as well. In my opinion, Plague is underrated and Oni is complete garbage (the 2 I feel will cause the most controversy on this list). Feel free to give your thoughts and opinions below, but keep it friendly!

Note: from what I know about the upcoming Doctor changes, I'm guessing he will be bumped up to a C. I think the changes will buff him, but not by much.

Comments

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

Clown should be in D tier, and switch Wraith and Plague. Other than that, solid list.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2019

Put Clown in D tier and bring Doctor up to C tier. Doctor can be good once you have his shock timing down and account for how buggy the stun is.

Also put Hag and Freddy in front of Billy.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Yes keep underrating the Hag please, I'll never have to worry about her being nerfed

May my dark magics remain a secret

Other than that, I still can't see Ghostface above Hag, Huntress or even Freddy. Not when his strongest playstyle is hard countered by a perk that's not even that rare, and soft countered by Sprint Burst.

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241

Can someone make a list for console? On Console, Nurse is D-tier and Doctor/Pig/Leatherface move up a little.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Oh, and Oni is absolutely not C tier, even without his flick. He's at the very least B. Just because he's not disgusting like he was in the PTB anymore it doesn't mean he's bad. He has map pressure AND an instadown in his power, that's more than half the cast already.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

Trapper is way too low, especially with someone who can play him to the best of his ability. I have more kills with Trapper than any other killer. He is a machine when his traps hit, and if you know how to play him, you can almost always make his traps hit. Everything else looks good, though I disagree with the Plague. She is just a fan favorite and isn't as strong as people want her to be. She just doesn't earn enough blood points to even be worth playing in her current state.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Freddy and Hag are better than Ghostface.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

@The_Second_Coming & @SnakeSound222 Clown was a hard pick for me, as he was either top of D or bottom of C. Doctor is currently too jank because of dedicated servers (at least for me). @gantes @Ghoste I do think in the right hands Hag can be powerful, but against good survivors I feel she stands so little a chance. If she gets a basement hook it can shift the tides a bit, but I find she performs the best against careless survivors or potatoes. And Ghost Face is honestly really viable with the ability to shut his TR off whenever. He works like the Spirit at that point where he can really mindgame survivors at loops. These are just my reasons why I placed these killers where they are.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Nurse should be A or B. People keep looking at the top 1% of Nurse killers but the other 99% Nurse players are not good. I definitely think Spirit/Freddy are better than Nurse.

I agree with how Oni is rated atm but once he gets his buff where he can turn better at the end of his charge he can be B+ easily.

Hag should be higher, it doesnt take much to learn good trap placement and she can do well with map pressure and shutting down chases.

• BloodMoneyMerc

@gantes it might be a more personal thing against Oni, but I think he is the most awkward killer to work with. He has almost no whip so you basically have to hit the survivor head on with his dash attack. His attack when not dashing is literally just a worse Leatherface as the control and maneuverability with it just feels all wack.

• The_Second_Coming

No, Nurse is definitely S tier. People not being good with her doesn't negate what she is capable of - and she is still the best and most beast killer in the game.

• Quol

Huntress is capable of cross map gen shots, doesnt mean it makes her S tier. Just because she is capable of being a beast killer if 99% of Nurses are D to C tier can you really call her an S tier killer?

• The_Second_Coming

That was an awful comparison. OOF. Those are two completely different scenarios. A cross map hatchet from Huntress, no matter how good the player, is entirely RNG and luck based. A good Nurse is entirely skill. She is S tier.

• Quol
    edited December 2019

With the exception of map RNG, hatchet throwing is all skill and is not RNG reliant. Huntress in theory can be a very dominating killer if you land your hatchets but no one is calling her S tier because most Huntress' are not that skillful. I dont like the idea of ranking a killer so high up because in theory they are really good when in reality most are not. Before her nerf i could understand her high ranking but these days i have never seen an overpowering Nurse. Freddy/Spirit/Billy/Ghostface are all killers that have given me more trouble.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
  • Immoral
    Immoral Member Posts: 25

Wraith should be top tier with nurse.

• Immoral

Some of her add-ons along with perks can get her up to 190 percent while steathed. I was watch Wraith speed builds. There is so much map pressure because she's everywhere.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No chase potential though. That's only one build as well.

Lots of map pressure is good, but you have to be able to finish chases quickly. Otherwise, you are just an Iri Button Legion :/

• Immoral

Well that's when the mind games and mooning walking start. :P

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Then he isn't any better than Myers or GhostFace. He gets easy first hits but he struggles to down anyone.

• BloodMoneyMerc

@Quol the Nurse/Huntress comparison does not make sense. A good Huntress can still be looped and ran around by good survivors. A good nurse literally eliminates the effectiveness of pallets for good survivors. Yes not all Nurse's are good, but the ones that are good show how much potential Nurse has when played correctly.

@Immoral First off Wraith is a he not a she. Second off just because he can be fast doesn't mean he's powerful. Hillbilly is fast too and can actually attack right away while Wraith has to uncloak. Wraith has potential, I just don't feel he is viable enough. He is essentially a weaker Ghost Face at base.

@Zoldyar given a good team of survivors there are killers that are generally hopeless and stand no chance. The only killers that can overcome that situation are the A's and Nurse. The rest either have to really rely on capitalizing on mistakes or the player's ability to control the situation.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

Clown is the worst killer, doc is in his place and hag is a tier

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Clown is D, Demo is B. Other than that, solid list.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I know that tierlist are a opinion based thing so you can't be wrong, but i heavenly disagree Legion being bottom tier

Looks to me that you just jumped the bandwagon of Legionisbad without even trying them

I never understood how people rate Plague at B and Legion thrash tier while if survivors don't cleanse (which they usually don't) they do the same thing except Legion does it faster

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    • Fair Nurse is a guessing game. The cooldown punishment for guessing wrong is harsh. I would never put gambling at the top. And thats why in my tier list she is below Huntress (D tier).
    • Spirit is slow, but she can be effective at downing survivors. I agree that without map control she is 2nd best killer.
    • Billy has the best map control and 1-shot power. His map control also allow to cherry pick weak players, but, if a survivors team is strong, he become m1 killer. (m1 tier)
    • Ghost Face shine on maps with a lot of obstacles, but, at the same time, its his weakness. If its easy to spot him, his power become near useless. (m1 tier)
    • Freddy has all tools to be a good killer, so I rated him top tier.
    • Huntress is slow. She has slower movement speed, her hatchets slow her down further, she need to waste time going to lockers, reloading and there are many places where without good add-ons she is too slow and unable to use her power. It is fair to put her under the Spirit.
    • Hag can be bullied, thats why I rate her m1 tier.
    • The Plague is "Hit or Miss". You can use the addons that allow to activate her machine gun once, but, if you wont find survivors or miss, you will become m1 again. D:
    • Myers is m1, because he has no tools to help him in chase and his power can take too long to charge.
    • The rest have no tools to win chases, too.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

6/10 in accuracy.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Trying to use pallets on nurse is dumb and you deserve to die if you try. Her true weakness is open field jukes, sprinting in a straight line and hiding behind stuff she can't blink through.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Wraith is A tier tho

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295
    edited December 2019

Would put trapper in B tier but would move to A tier if he started with 2 traps

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Clown is not D he is underrated, more like B or like the list says C. Perhaps he is bad on PC what do I know.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

First question why is clown above pig

• BloodMoneyMerc

@Sonzaishinai I have played Legion a bit. I find his power to be the most useless (debatable with Pig), but he is not pre-rework Freddy bad. I think Legion is the most in need of either a few QoL buffs or a power overhaul. His last few changes both gave and took from him, leaving him in about the same position as he was. While a good player can do well with Legion, he is just another standard M1 killer.

@premiumRICE if you think he is A tier then power to ya. I personally don't think he is and don't want others to because he needs something (not sure what) to actually make him viable. I see Tru3 likes to say that Wraith is viable, and while he may be one of my favorite DBD streamers I strongly disagree with him on the whole Wraith being viable thing.

@terumisan Clown can actually handle loops properly. Pig has traps that are for the most part useless and a dash attack that blows. Her only upside is using the crouch to sneak up to survivors for free hits.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

4/10.

-Spirit's still S

-Switch GF and Hag

-Huntress is A

-Switch Oni and Plague

-Switch Pig and Clown

-Demo in B

Fixed it.

• premiumRICE

Wraith has the exact mechanic that ghostface has, only he is actually cloaked(harder to detect) and has a lot of speed to patrol gens and do actions. If ghostface is A tier then Wraith has the right to be too.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

Ghostface can prep targets for instadown and doesn't have to spend time "uncloaking" before he can swing.

Not saying I think Ghostface should be in A tier with those guys, but he's definitely better than Wraith who definitely doesn't belong there.

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207

Lmao ghostface above Myers? Trash list

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I would drop Nurse in A, Freddy and Ghost Face in B, Huntress in C and Clown in D or even E/F as the worst killer in the game.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Put Pig and Plague below Freddy, and make an F tier for Leatherface and Oni.

• Snitz
    Snitz Member Posts: 97

Unsure about Nurse, demo because they aren't played very often, Oni might be lower.

From the perspective of someone without infinite add-ons, this is it imo.

• premiumRICE

expose ghostface is not even a thing in red ranks, its just a m1 killer and get looped into abyss.

stealth is meta cause it doesnt require you as killer to loop.

Btw why should he be better than wraith?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

That's not how GF gameplay is at all. I'm starting to suspect you don't play at red ranks.

• premiumRICE

And if you say it, you must be right, especially considering your peak comment is "you're kidding".

Maybe its time to start up the game and learn it for real, what do you say?

• BloodMoneyMerc

@premiumRICE Ghost Face is better than Wraith since he doesn't have to come out of stealth to attack. He also has a instadown ability. His Night Shroud acts as a tracker as well if someone ends up looking in his direction. Wraith may have speed, but only with add-ons is his speed good enough to pressure gens. Wraith could arguably be in B tier, but I don't see him being strong enough to go high up in the list like Ghost Face.

• premiumRICE

I agree addons play a big part in wraith strenght but the thing is even yellow addons are strong enough, again both of them dont need to initiate a chase since with even yellow addon wraith is unpredictable, also uncloaking gives speed boost.

tbh the gf instadown will never work against good survivors and I dont feel it as threatening as wraith

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

i'd put oni in atleast B tier,he can snowball pressure fast with his ability.You might lose 2 gens,but you can get 3 downs with his ability if you actually have experience with him.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    1. Nurse
    2. Spirit
    3. Hag
    4. Billy
    5. Huntress
    6. Plague
    7. Freddy
    8. Ghostface (GF is only better than Myers because the reveal mechanic is buggy)
    9. Myers
    10. Demogorgon
    11. Oni (Oni before the nerfs I’d put at #3)
    12. Pig
    13. Clown
    14. Trapper
    15. Wraith
    16. Doctor
    17. Leatherface
    18. Legion