The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When you win or lose, do you say GG?

Title says it all. Goes for both killers and survivors. When you win, you say gg. When you lose, you're probably dead silent. I'm sure this doesn't apply obviously...but do you often say gg?

ยซ1

Comments

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

I say gg whenever I can as survivor (I play on PS4, so a lot of people have their messages closed). As killer I won't go out of my way to message gg to survivors unless they message me.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I do. I try to send gg :) every game. Win or lose.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Not if I donโ€™t mean it. If the killer or survivor plays optimally and does their best to respect each other, then yes I do, even if I get pallet stunned all game.

My choice is to use โ€œggโ€ as a sort of โ€œcheers ๐Ÿปโ€ for the player doing very well in the game, otherwise, Iโ€™d like to keep value to the term as itโ€™s tossed around to casually these days.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Honestly, no. I stopped the GG thingy in Dbd some time ago. Its rarely appreciated, often seen as a taunt or salty message. I would rather stay quiet, check everyone's loudout, and then move on to the next match.

• Immoral
    Immoral Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2019

GG really doesn't mean that it was a good game. It's just something you say. Like the winner of a boxing match hugs the guy he just knocked out.

Edit : I say it no matter what

• Immoral
    Immoral Member Posts: 25

It was always tossed out casually, way back to when we played quake 1 2 and 3

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I say gg if it was one. I'm not into lying just because it's a social convention to do so - I'm the kind of person who will answer honestly if you ask how I am, and not just say "good, thanks" if I'm not doing well.

So when it comes to the gg thing, if it was a good game, I'll say so. Win or lose. If it wasn't, I usually just won't say anything. Cause I don't want to be mean, I just don't want to lie.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited December 2019

"gg wp

gl hf bye"

most games

• TheEversong
    TheEversong Member Posts: 25

I say gg but usually add the peoples names that said it back, or aren't being rude or complainy.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

Only say gg if it is an actual good game.

If we destroy the killer, it was not a gg for that killer

If we go against iri huntress with mori, it was not a gg.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I do if I don't feel the other team was scummy.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Always, even if I'm being salty afterwards.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

I keep quiet. I'm not much of a talker.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I have disabled all messages so I can't write to anyone and they can't contact me. Did not even know what gg means ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I don't play other online games so.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Some people who lose, take "GG" as "Git Gud". That's why I type out the full, "Good Game" as opposed to "GG", so players can't bait me. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

If the game was fun, gg. If not, I have nothing to say back!

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

In this game, gg usually means "i won. you lost", because in 95% of the cases i encounter, its used from the winning party if they just destroyed the other side, like a 4k, or a 4 escape. Sometimes the guy that escaped through the hatch gives a gg.

So i think gg is mostly used as another taunt in this game, so i dont use it anymore unless it was a real good game, but then i am not only saying gg but also give details of why i think it was one.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539
    edited December 2019

For my own enjoyment of DBD I keep the post game chat comments always closed. There are too many times when others bring bad feelings from inside the game to afterwards and it can be toxic, especially from entitled players.

I prefer scrolling through the stats, seeing the build layouts used, then going to the next game, all the while being oblivious to what other people are writing to each other. Yes sometimes they are genuinely nice to each other afterwards but it's not the rule. I might be missing positive things going on, or people expecting praise as a courtesy, but in my mind I've moved on by that time.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Yes I do. When there were way better survivors than me and played way better than I did as a killer, yep I say all the time and sometimes even: "well played guys". Although in real life im sweaty as hell and probs about to break my desk, I know that it was my mistake.

As a survivor yes as well even when I get against a killer that camped or tunneled, sometimes since I play killer a lot I don't judge their decission.

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

Its just a reflex for me now, win or lose, close match or stomp, toxic or completely chill, i will always say "ggs" in the post game. If i got more to say then yeah I'll add to it, but theres always that ggs

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

If teammates dc at the start, no.

It wasn't a real match to begin with.

• GH0ST3D
    GH0ST3D Member Posts: 93

As survivor I say gg as long as I got a fair chance of living. As killer I say gg to the ones who don't tbag. Winning isn't everything to me.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

If it was a match in my favor, or a normal match, or also a "normal" lose, yes.

However, if I feel cheated I mostly leave the endgame screen as soon as possible, or leave the endgame screen with a "would like to catch you guys 1 day alone" or something like that^^.

I insult no one, but I also don't hide what I think.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I say gg whether I win or lose as killer. If I play survivor I don't stay around to say gg if I die first or second. But if I escape or survive doesn't matter. I'll say gg if the killer didn't intentionally act like an idiot.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

My chat is closed by standard, so I'm silent, even if I 4K/escape.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I say gg when it was really a good game. As a killer, it's usually the case win or lose, unless they play super immersed, bait-and-switch keys in the lobby, or taunt me. In the last two cases, I might say gg if I destroy them, because I have a blast when that happens, so I say the truth with gg.

As a survivor, if I go against let's say iri head+infantry belt+ebony with proxy and tunnel, honestly I don't see a reason to say it's a gg. Stuff like that is in the game, so I'll just move on. However, in all honesty, it's not a good game for me, so I see no reason to lie.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I write"gg wp" after every match. If i playes against nice people they get my positive vibes and if i play against toxic twats they ger annoyed by my positivety. Everybody wins.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited December 2019

If no one was toxic and the game was actually decently long without being a curb stomp on either side it gets a gg. A "gg" is for it actually being in fact a "good game". If those aforementioned things happened then it wasn't a good game.

SWF will "almost" never get a gg aside from the occasional really friendly group. There's nothing "good game" about playing a game against someone using unbalanced advantages of which you have no counter.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

I always say gg as long as I'm there at the end. Not gonna wait around to say it if I die early, but to me it's just drilled into me to say it after a match after playing multiplayer games for decades at this point.

• Soultiller
    Soultiller Member Posts: 40

I have stopped reading/typing in post game chat and just leave, I got tired of of the toxic chat.

• Anevian
    Anevian Member Posts: 47

I say gg after every game, no exception (well maybe I wont stay in the lobby to say it if I were to die early). Even if I was tunneled/camped to death from the start. If I got ######### on as killer, I'll toss em a gg wp.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

If I die first I just leave the Lobby in almost all cases unless it's EGC so I won't say GG.

If I die last, escape at the end or play Killer I say GG or GG ######### matchmaking if I get put against a new Killer.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I never say gg.

I only say ggs

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I wait for the opponent to say it first.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

I say gg only if the killer played well and i say gg ez baby killer if the killer was camping and tunneling and using a mori

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I don't usually say GG unless i lose. I'm on Xbox so I have to go out of my way to message someone. Telling a killer/survivor "Gg" after i win feels like I'm rubbing their noses in it.

• horsegod386
    horsegod386 Member Posts: 91

I do say gg, but only in certain scenarios, i'll even go out of my way to say "no" when a killer says gg if it totally was not a gg. like if I get a DC and a random kills themselves on first hook and the killer says gg after that I just hit them with the fat "nah" and leave. but yea I will say gg if I genuinely mean it, mostly when I get hatch or 4k but that's irrelevant.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

I usually don't say anything. Only time survivors think it was a gg is if they all survived. Otherwise there is most certainly a rule you did not follow that they are going to complain about. So post game chat isn't really my scene.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

As survivor I always send gg unless I was straight tunneled out of the game.

As killer I will send gg when I am impressed with survivors skill level.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Git Gud after I Rancored a downed all game guy and then NOED the theam? Yes.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

If I face a Killer or Survivor that blows me away in how they play, how good they are, I will tell them GG with no anger regardless if they died or not.

• Venom368
    Venom368 Member Posts: 321

I had somebody recognize me and call me out in post-game chat last week, after a game i lost really badly as killer (I got 2 or 3 hooks the entire game and 0 kills). I say 'gg gl in games <3' or something similar in every post game chat as both killer & survivor, regardless of how the game went.

The person said they recognized me from playing against me as killer and with me as survivor a few times before, and respect that I always say gg even when losing miserably. And that kind of blew my mind that somebody recognized me just for being wholesome and nice in post-game chat instead of complaining about the match or insulting the other players. It was a real FeelsGoodMan - spread the love, people

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23

I used to say gg or discuss some things that happened in the game, like how killer found me or where the hex was or complimenting good/funny plays by both killers and survs. Or when it was actually a good game or when the killer was clearly a new player. All very wholesome, Ive never seen any of the random survs talk #########. Never any salt or negative comments coming from me either, if I get tilted I just leave straight after.

Im still new to this game, playing from the end of October. After starting to play killer more and getting nasty comments in the end game chat, I just keep it off at all times. I dont need that in my life, noty

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I usually stay quiet when I win unless they say gg to me. I say gg when I lose if they did good plays and ran a fun build instead of sweating hard. I always say gg back.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

"Unbalanced advantages"

Your posts are so fun to read after realizing I don't need to take any of them seriously. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

I always say gg when I had an healthy game, that means a match where people were not being toxic (cf hard tunnel/tea-bagging to make fun of you/facecamping/noed lmao, best perk ever/mori cuz obviously i'm not going to wait ten minutes in the postgame chat)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
  • PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239

If people had real sportsmanship, the answer to this question should be obvious. Refer to any professional Starcraft 2 or LoL match. A "GG" being thrown out is a sign of conceding the match by the loser. Any time the winner GGs before the loser, it is seen as BM and poor sportsmanship. As such, while in DBD there is often no defined winner or loser, there are many, many cases where this distinction is clear. A 4 man escape? Survivors should not gg unless killer does so first. 4 kills? Killer should only gg if the last few survivors gg first (doesn't necessarily have to be all of them since the first ones to die are typically long gone). In the in between cases, use discretion and think about how the other side did. If you feel like you won and they lost, don't gg until the other side did. Pretty simple.