The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When you win or lose, do you say GG?

2»

Comments

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

nope, i only get sent 'gg' if the person escapes so to me it is a taunt. rarely get a 'gg' if i destroy the team

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Many people disagree with you. Gg is apparently some form of surrender.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Whenever the killer played extremely good, I say gg. I’m on PS4 so I can’t always say it.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Can’t.

Theres no chatbox on console.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,849

Nope. As a rule I just don't do post game chat. The other players can just scream in their pillows if they are that frustrated. I don't want to hear it.

• kld3169
    kld3169 Member Posts: 101

It's in my own personality to show good sportsmanship, so I will probably always type GG. Now, I am new to DBD, so once I figure out toxic players or players working w/Killers or what have you, I won't say anything. But, by nature, I will do so.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

I notice a lot of people take it as an insult these days. Most seeing it as rude sadly to say. Especially if the game was far from good. Example being an side that just gets destroyed

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

Only if I had fun, which is a separate factor from winning or losing. I’ve lost games but had lots of fun. I’ve won games but they were boring as hell.

• Jareth
    Jareth Member Posts: 112

I'll say it if someone else throws it out there first or the chat isn't toxic no matter if I win or lose. If people are being rude I just stay silent and move on.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

Look at all these people saying they gg. My experience in the game says otherwise big time.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited January 2020

people who just say "gg" at the end of every match are the worst honestly.

I means something.

But yeah, it does not matter if you win or lose, if it was a good game, it was a good game, sadly not many are.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363

GG means Good Game right? So I only say it when I actually feel like it was a good game. I've seen many people invoking GG in vain! xD

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Pretty much always say gg unless I am playing survivor and die early.

If I have something to say, I'll usually say it before gg.

After my gg, I usually follow up with "good luck in future matches, my dudes".

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

A lot of players don't browse the forums. If you aren't connected to the community you're less likely to care about other players.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

If a game goes bad for one player I will say gg and then a good luck in your next game to try and brighten their mood.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

i would say gg if i had a healthy game with good bloodpoints. but i play on console so there's no end game chat and i usually dont bother to message them directly

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

If I "win" I say it only if the "losing" side says it first, if I "lose" I only say it if I there were lame tactics, sweating or stuff like that.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Not really! I just glance at the post game chat. If they are making jokes, I laugh with them, if they are being salty with each other I just move on

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265
  • FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2020

I say gg and maybe have a conversation if they start talking about the match win or lose. i will gg ez toxic #########, but that is rare that I get that level of toxicity, its usually the swf 3 man body blocking with flashlights on first down that get that response.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Depends on the match I'm given. Did I get at least 16k bp, and there was no toxicity on either side (vault spam, clicky clicky, tunneling, face camping, etc), then sure. Was I gen rushed to high heaven and butt danced out the exit gate? O, my salt levels will spike. No gg for you.

• FleshTorpedo

16k bp, do you not run BBQ? Bad game for me is 40k bp on killer, normal is 50k-64k without offerings, or 200k-400k an hour depending on what offerings I burn and how long the matches take, averaging about 4 matches an hour.

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

On xbox:

As survior I do it if the killer wasn't a toxic ######### that was playing dirty for no reason.

As killer if survior messages me or I noticed a particular survior play well I will send gg.

Gotta love when you send gg and get 4k gg ez get Gud. Very swell lol

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I'm sorry, but what? Are you constantly running party streamers or something? 40k for a bad game. . . I'm calling bs.

No, I don't run BBQ often. I can't capitalize on it often enough to justify the perk slot, at least not on my Plague and Trapper.

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69

its pretty much every game, unless ques are really bad then ill just go right back into the que simulator. MM is really messed up and im getting red rank survs as a rank 11 killer so i know they are better. I said it in another post but loops are my #1 enemy in the game, not them ironically. Just need to learn how.

The rare case where I dont is if they are rubbing the fact in that they are better.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I always say "gg wp" when they message me on PS4, they tend to leave a lot of negative messages, so a quick gg can defuse the situation

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I’ve never said gg lol, in any scenario

• FleshTorpedo
    edited January 2020

Oh man, you are missing out. BBQ is mandatory for the grind. Unless you have all the perks and addons you want or killers/survivors to p3, BBQ is just to good to not run. The actual perks use is powerful on a good number of killers but its the bloodpoints is why i run it. I want my 4 stacks everygame. 25-32k average before bbq with no offerings turns into 50-64k then 75k-96k with BPS or 100% solo offerings.

I main Hag, but play Freddy and Oni a fair amount. Both Hag and Freddy are strong for maxing each quadrant for scoring. Oni you have to make sure to use his skill and collect blood orbs for devious. Ive only level plague to 40 and use her only for dailys but ive heard she is harder to farm bloodpoint with due to her skill not stacking points as easily. Like every phantasm attack on Hag is 500 points to devious, traps triggering are 200 points. Wraith is another good one if you land attacks after coming out of cloak.

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103

When I play killer. I always day gg.

When I play survivor. If I survive or is the last person get kill. I say gg.

If I died early as survivor solo. I will just move on to the next game since I wont watch the rest of the match.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I wish I had BBQ, I don’t own Leatherface and don’t plan to purchase any more killers with money for a while. At least until they make it less stressful and have all maps reduced in size.

I’ll pray it shows up in the shrine soon.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

Yes. This is a game. While there are problems with the game and legitimate concerns on all side, I just try to have fun and learn from each game.

• FleshTorpedo

Yeah it sucks that its behind a paywall or you can wait the 2 times a year its on the shrine. The time saved farming bloodpoints is the only reason why purchased Leatherface. I have all the licensed killers besides Demo that I purchased before patch 3.5.0. I would not have made the purchases if I had know how patch 3.5.0 was going to turn out and what the devs intentions are for killers. If you plan to stay with the game, he is the only licensed package I would recommend spending actual money on simply for BBQ alone. It cuts the grind down immensely for both killers and survivors. Outside of BBQ, leatherface is just a meme killer so know you really are only pay $5 for one perk, maybe two if you like Franklins, which I do.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I may break down and get him, but I’m starting to feel the early signs of burnout from this game. I played so much survivor in the last two months that I can only handle one or two matches. Also, the thrill of playing is now gone. I no longer get the rush of adrenaline that I did when I first started (Except for when Sir Michael teleports in-front of me and makes me pee a little).

I enjoyed killer for a bit but it’s been getting stressful with how bad matchmaking is. It doesn’t seem like there will be much of a fix coming to it any time soon.

Now with the destruction of Ruin, I can’t keep up in most matches unless I tunnel and slug. I don’t want to have to do that but there isn’t much I can do. I don’t have BBQ, I don’t play highly mobile killers and I don’t make enough bloodpoints to max out all my killers to unlock their perks in a reasonable time. I shouldn’t have to work so hard to make the game more enjoyable.

Memeing around has been fun though, I may just stick around to do that. Someone suggested to just guard the basement chest and only attack when they attempt to open it. I would like franklins demise so I could do what I watched a piggy do on YouTube. She chased Monto around until she got him to drop his purple flashlight, sat on it so he wouldn’t get it and then dc’d.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Always.

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

If you played (as killer) like a douchebag and purposely tunneled, camped or made the game generally un-fun, no "ggs" will be said. Same goes if you were a flashlight clicking, annoying survivor or SWF. Wether I win or lose, if you played in a normal/non-douchebag way, I will give you a GG, GGS, GGWP or even other compliments about your game play. I'll call out a "good map pressure" or a "good jukes". I'm not afraid to compliment someone who has skill and out played me. Those that look to "bully" or just try and be a douchebag, I won't waste my breath and if you are annoying enough, you will get negative comments. Just my 2 cents.

• AStupidDavid
    AStupidDavid Member Posts: 156

I do, it's called being polite and helping the people that actually want to enjoy the game without getting criticized get rid of all the toxic garbage that's out there lol

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

Always, unless something really toxic happened. Then I just usually say nothing and leave.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I say 'gg' regardless if I die or survive. A game is a game and it's supposed to be played for entertainment. So I don't take it seriously.