Could individual ranks per killer be viable?

Options
Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005

As in, every killer is ranked by themselves, not as a whole. My Plague could be rank 4, for instance, while my Freddy could be rank 18.

I struggle when it comes to branching out to 'newer' killers that I want to learn, mostly because I'm sitting at high purple rank most of the time. By then, I'm facing, mostly, quality loopers on their way to red ranks. Most every match is a curb stomp, unless I spend a million or two BP on meta perks. Even then, a decent build doesn't equate to knowledge on how the killer works.

I used to try out killers I don't normally play just after rank reset, but now that we only go up one color level, it won't mean much. If each killer had their own ranking, would it be workable, or is the idea just a dud?

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,549
    Options

I think it would be which it why it's what I think they should do.

I believe they mentioned in a couple previous streams that they'd been considering it, not positive though.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235
    Options

I like this idea, because I have the same problem. It is hard to even want to try out another killer nowadays when you know you can rock out with some of the others.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

No. We would still destroy newer survivors.

Maybe a few ranks back but not a 4 and an 18.

Besides Freddy should never be rank 18. He should start at 15 at least..lol

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    edited December 2019
    Options

I am thinking if you used killer character level that could be abused by blood farming. If you set individual ranks then blood would be tied to the character that earned itand couldnt be "spent" on a different character. You cannot have both.

• KigeAno
    KigeAno Member Posts: 18
    Options

It would be nice to have some adjustment but honestly a lot of skills are transferable so maybe just a bias to existing rank rather than a seperate one

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195
    Options

That's a rough one. A lot of experience carries over between killers, like knowing maps, tiles and predicting survivors.

I get that it would be nice to learn the subtleties and nuances of a killers power without basically losing the game because one made a small mistake that got heavily punished.

While it would be nice to have individual ranks for that purpose, there should still be a general rank that one couldn't get under or else one would just destroy less experienced players possibly without even learning much.

While versing atleast somewhat decent survivors one would learn how they'd try to counterplay a specific killer and play around that instead of building bad habits that could get punished severly by good players.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

But what is the point of it? Even if you try a new killer at rank 18, with this matchmaking you would go against red ranks anyway. so there is no benefit.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

I like the idea of having individual ranks but they should scale up slightly with your highest. For example if you are rank 1 Oni your Trapper, who you never use, should be a minimum of rank 10.

Because even if you never touched Trapper in your life a rank 1 is still a rank 1 and would destroy any newbie rank 20.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Yeah that's the main problem. There should be a minimum rank.

Anyone who mains any killer that's not like Nurse at rank 1 should be able to dumpster low ranks with any M1 killer. The fundamentals aren't that different.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It's a hard one as while it makes a bit of sense for some practuce games every time a new DLC came out then all killer players with them would be lowered in rank.

What then happens to queue times for red rank survivors? They could also be reset on that day of course but then nothing much changes really.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42
    Options

its a questionable one tbh, because if you are a good player you’ll destroy low ranks naturally but then again get rekt if you play something new against high ranks, what I do is just accept to loses and depip a lot I went from rank 9 to 14 playing trapper for the challenges then went back to 10 now I’m starting on nurse so I’m back down to 11 so far (just started) I try to stay around the mid ranks just so I can play relaxed and still do ok while I’m grinding levels on the rest of the killers (need those teachables 😅) just try having fun don’t take anything seriously as a kill especially if you’re learning a new one some survivors will even mess around and farm points with you as a win win, separate ranks might screw with the high rank queues even more as well.

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113
    Options

I don't think so, because as a killer you learn general knowledge of how to play as killer and things you can do as killers. So then overall your killers total rank would increase.

For example

Some Similar strategies can be taken from M1 killers, such as Legion, and Trapper and how you can apply mind games to certain locations in a similar manner which overall if you played as only legion, your trapper overall would also be better as you progressed your skills as a killer without even touching one of the two.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Very bad idea tbh. Red ranks would be filled with the same killers and low rank survivors would get destroyed.

If you are good at an M1 killer you will already be decent at other M1 killers as well.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Yes. There are killers, that got (kind of) the same playstyle oni/billy for example. A billy main shouldn't be allowed to smurf legitimatly in low ranks.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited December 2019
    Options

I like the idea.

The problem is that it opens an easy way for Killer players to always have lots of Killers in low ranks to just stomp on low rank Survivors.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,400
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thats what i was thinking i played as spirit with no perks and was still able to destroy just because of how i know most of the maps and how survivors work by now.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,130
    Options

Does the skill of player reset with each killer?

Should someone like me with 2.5k hours who predominantly plays Nurse at rank 1 go against rank 15s because I got a Freddy daily?

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

I’m siding with everyone who says this is a bad idea, or at least needs a set limit or minimum.

I can play Freddy in the red ranks, I have a lot of time in this game, I am nowhere near the best, but if I take Billy against rank 20 or even 15 survivors that game is going to be a steamroll. Knowing map tiles, mind gaming like hiding your red glow, etc is going to be enough even if I don’t “know the killer.”

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

They should either do your idea, or make it once you unlock a perk, it unlocks it for ALL killers. It's a pain trying to get the good builds on ALL killers. Survivor is diff, cause they pretty much play the same. Every killer has a diff play style though, and most casual players will NEVER get all killers up to p3 50 with the best perks. I've been playing for 2 years and stil ain't even half way but I'm a casual gamer. Used to be like 7-10 matches a night, but since the power role is surv sided now, 3-4 matches a night before it pisses me off if I'm lucky.

• Mr_K
    Options

If you stay at P0 you could get all perks with nearly the same amount of BP required to get to P3-50.

I understand if you want all P3. I'm too working towards that goal.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

Ive noticed once you prestige them, it seems you get the better perks a lot quicker, and more rare add-ons. Dunno if it's a coincidence, but I've done it with Freddy, Myers, GF, and working on Doc now for the re-work. I'm on 0 with pig, been at 50 for forever, and STILL can't get ruin in the gd blood web! I swear I've spent over 2.5mil. Yet with p2, Myers, Freddy, and GF had ruin by level 20... Got it with doc at level 9...lol. But poor piggy.... Guess I'm gonna have to level her up too....

• Mr_K
    Options

All RNG. You'll get them eventually.

There is a slight chance to get rarer items in P3 webs but the chance is too small to tell the difference.

• LustForBP
    LustForBP Member Posts: 611
    Options

I don’t think that’s a good idea. It takes me maybe 1-2 matches to learn a new killer or re-learn. Yeah, spending BP sucks to be viable but it’s part of the game.

Example:

I purchased Freddy yesterday. Played 2 games and for curb stomped. But now I’m pretty good with him.

Its about learning each Killers abilities because that’s all that changes.

• MAV
    MAV Member Posts: 52
    Options

I like the idea, but I think there should be a cap in the diff between highest and lowest rank killer... Ie I'm a Myers main so if my Myers is rank 1, there is no way killers I don't play as much should be rank 20, so maybe like 1/2 the rank with Max spread of 8? So like rank 1 main (all others would be rank 8) - rank 4 would be rank 12, rank 10 would be rank 15 etc etc.