Can someone post gameplay footage of the post-nerf "god Nurses"?

I see many people putting Nurse at the top of their tier lists and saying she is still the strongest but I have yet to see any proof. I will start believing this when someone actually shows me gameplay of a Nurse at red ranks outperforming other killers.The top killers according to the November stats (https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/910/6KD3I8P3L1V9.png) had a 76-78% kill rate.Therefore, Nurse must exceed this if she were the best. I do not want clips of matches where the Nurse did well. I want footage representative of a normal gaming session. I want to see at least 4 hours of gameplay.

Comments

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

The best stun simulator.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

A streamer called ZubatLel is prolly the closest you can get to someone conssitently winning with new Nurse.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited December 2019

It isn't a good time to get an accurate representation of nurse game play. rank 20s are grouped up in red ranks because they removed rank reset and survivor pips by existing.

you need to look at how the survivors play to determine if the killer player is good, or the survivors are just predictable robots that run in a straight line.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

His latest nurse video was mostly just him cursing the devs and PRAYING that nurse would function correctly. He DID eventually win though so...

• ABannedCat
    edited December 2019

Yeah, but OP asked for someone who says Nurse is still the strongest killer in the game, while also being really good with her. Zubat falls under that category as far as I gathered.

• LordGlint

Feel like even Zubat is hating playing her at this point. When your getting THAT stressed out about not being able to blink where you should and getting stuck on EVERYTHING... Its really no wonder shes a Unicorn when it comes to pickrate. Even if you 4k every time, that much stress just aint healthy.

• LordGlint

I wasnt even refering to his interaction with survivors when posting that video. Go to around 4:45 and just ignore the survivors for a second. The guy is just constantly practicly CHANTING "Behavior, Fix your ****ink game".

• snozer

It is fixed, her unpredictability is by design to delete her from the game without actually deleting her. They would have to refund the cosmetics if they did.

Survivors stopped complaining, and the disconnects have decreased. The goal has been achieved.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

Watch knightlight on twitch,pretty sure he streams everyday and he only uses 2 perks most of the time,no slowdown perks at all.

• Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 125

TydeTime has some videos showing that OmegaBlink is better than it was before, since you can use 1 Range AddOn to get to nearly pre-change distance, and take a recharge AddOn to make the charge system less annoying. Anyone who knows TydeTime knows he’s an average Nurse player (definitely no Ardetha), and he did quite well.

https://youtu.be/pwxPGsKuhkk him playing seriously

https://youtu.be/3X6C-LH2FV4 him memeing, but still a good match

I very much agree with Tyde, because I was never good with Nurse (still not), but always tried to play her. I do decently well with her changes, and I’ve played torn bookmark builds, omega builds, scream builds (add on that causes survivors to scream if blinked past.) My favorite is the scream with recharge reduction, which means if I blink past an immerses survivor, I find em’. I feel people miss the old “I can travel across giant maps in 4 blinks back to back” and since they lack that OP pressure, they feel she’s garbage. You might not be able to Blink between the furthest gens without cool down, but you still have a massive amount of pressure that if used right, can mess up the Survivors rhythm.

• ABannedCat
    edited December 2019

How is a lower range, with higher charge time plus with a cooldown better than a higher range with no cooldown? That makes no sense at all.

Also Ardetha is not that great with Nurse. He did use Omegablink and still struggled alot pre-nerf.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
    edited December 2019

No offence but take whatever Tyde says with a grain of salt. He put Leatherface at B tier just cause he has an insta down. I've yet to try nurse after her rework so I don't know much about her tbf.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Rlabotath
    Rlabotath Member Posts: 125
    edited December 2019

You missed the point of 1 Range Add On gives slightly less range than old omega blink, where you’d use 2 Range Add Ons. It’s better because it’s healthier for the game. Instead of needing little to no thinking to play, she now requires some thought. Look at the video from Tyde in the serious video, at the very end he details it quite well.

Ardetha for a while was considered one of the best Nurse players. Legit, everywhere I went to talk about this game, if you said Nurse, Ardetha came up. I don’t watch his content, I just know the reference. Maybe it’s a bad reference, but that’s what I’d heard.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,114

After watching some of his vods, my opinion has changed. Nurse is top tier but I could not determine if she was the best killer since he 4 kills every game with all the killers he plays. Regardless, this has answered my question.

• luka2211

knightlight is just a great killer,really great.I remember playing against his nurse,i went down pretty quick same with my whole team xD

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I'd like to see a few myself. Tru3 does Nurse from time to time, and does rather well, but then, some of the teams he goes against as her are just dumb.

I think Nurse is still 'potentially' the strongest, but the amount of work needed to play at that level is far, far too much to be healthy. I'm all for that addon change, but having to juggle her multiple drawbacks just for her base kit alone. . . it's no wonder most of the killer playerbase left her in the closet. Poor Nurse.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

OhTofu's job is to play killer. In the match watched. He would have gotten a 2k, if he hadn't given 3rd person hatch. This is someone who can easily win with any other killer, but can only pull of a 2k with nurse. Nurse has been so powerful for so long that people can't comprehend the fact that she's quite weak now. She can bypass loops, but her nerf really hurt her ability to apply pressure. Basically she has the same problem as clown, he's strong 1vs1 but weak 1vs4 I've seen a few killers 4k consistently with her, but it's always from someone who can 4k easily with any killer.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2019

There are so few of them that even play the game it's irrelevant to justify the state of a killer by simply saying "You can still destroy people as God tier Nurse" When the vast majority of people who played her, or play any killer, are generally just above average killers.

I'm pretty sure even "the best" Nurse's will tell you she's not fun to play anymore, regardless of how good she still is. In fact I guarantee you the main reason people no longer her play her at all in red ranks is not because they can't 4k like every survivor main wants to tell you, but because she is, in fact, simply not fun.

Honestly, it's getting kind of old seeing people talk out of their ass because they're simply happy with the state she's in, when they don't even play her to begin with. People love her at low ranks because all Nurse's are potatoes, people love her at red ranks because she went from being highly placed and stomping people who weren't very good survivors to begin with to being never played.

You'd be better off accepting that this game is now balanced around fun more than it is balanced around gameplay.

• howaboutno
    howaboutno Member Posts: 5

Meh I'm using mobile version don't know if I can but just go on YouTube and search scorpions on dbd console he's the reason I try and use nurse on console

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Zubat is a really good nurse player. 10k hours btw, so you guys know what you need to be good with nurse. xD

• snozer

I don't think you could mess with the game any more before EAC bans you.

So many mods to his files.

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241
    edited December 2019

Lol. Now imagine this on console. I had a daily ritual on PS4.. "sacrifice 2 players as The Nurse". Sounds easy enough right? Took me 4 games I kid you not.. waste of my time. Okay I'm bad with her anyway but I've never felt so gimped, survivors would run around making fun of me. Blinking is really awkward with a controller and her god awful movement speed... ugh.

• luka2211

what do you mean by mods?I never personally watched him alot,but you could say the same for ayrun,ussylis considering they edited game files for a bigger red stain for example.If you are talking about that,editing ini files

• snozer
    edited December 2019

The fact that that is known and they are not banned says it all about these devs.

• luka2211
    edited December 2019

pretty much,its really bullshit.You can remove mist from the game with one line lmao.One more thing,one guy on stream openly admitted to editing the files,and calling them filters cause he knows bhvr wouldn't ban him for it.It just shows that they know devs won't ban them for it and aren't scared

• snozer

Does this mean we could post a step for step guide on here and it would be fine?

• luka2211
  • EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

The biggest issue with Nurses nerf is map-traversal. If you use blinks to get to generators, and find a survivor, having to wait for the blinks to recharge massively impacts the distance you can cover, it effectively gives a sprint burst free to anyone you come across.

So the net result of this, is you either have to walk a lot more at low-speed, and lose a ton of map pressure, or risk letting survivors go when you find them.

Nurse can still end chases quickly, but losing that movement really cucks her vs survivors who can manage time well, I think it was marth who did the math and worked out the actual amount of distance lost, and its significant.

For a non/mediocre nurse player, matchbook nurse is actually fun, being 110ms and having 1 blink with a short recharge isnt that bad, and having a more normal movement speed means you can patrol gens without stunning yourself, but as soon as you need your blinks to get around, that recharge just becomes agonising.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438

First off, is ptb not there to test out the killer and see how she will perform with the addition of having feedback for the killer? So explain why survivors wouldn’t try against the nurse? Also, keep in mind all those survivors were all red rank players but he still came out of it with a 4K without add ons.

Secondly, do you still not understand why nurse is viable or should I just explain it?

• Zoldyar

As long as a killer is capable of getting a 4K in red rank, that alone shows the killer is viable and isn’t weak.

People called wraith “weak” or rank low until tru3 came out with a video debunking everyone who says that and shown he is viable.

Some people called trapper “weak” or put him low in the tier list, until Otz shown trapper is viable even without ruin which most killer mains say ruin has to be run in red rank.

The point is, don’t believe what other people say about the killer until you tried them out for a long period of time. Nurse isn’t anywhere near weak nor needs any buff as she is now. Otherwise you are taking away the skill required for her.

• adsads123123123123

If you have not noticed, this discussion is already over as someone has already provided me footage demonstrating Nurse as top tier. But anyway, if you had read the original post, I stated

[quote]I do not want clips of matches where the Nurse did well. I want footage representative of a normal gaming session. I want to see at least 4 hours of gameplay.[/quote]

There is no point of providing me a clip of a single match where he does well because I do not know how he performs with the Nurse on average. He could have lost 10 matches in a row before he got that one 4 kill.

Also, the major downside to providing a PTB match is inexperience. Most people are experiencing the new changes for the first few times. Survivors will adapt as they get more experienced. Killers can change their opinion as they get more games in. For instance, Otz highly regarded the Nurse during his game on the PTB (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LgjuMzMYcQ) saying that she has barely changed; however, his opinion after 2 months is completely different. He thinks the Nurse is significantly more difficult and is unsure where she lands on the tier list.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

do not want to talk about it...

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Out of the streamers mentioned in this thread, Ardetha is the only Nurse main mentioned. The threshold of a good Nurse has been lowered some it seems.

Is the Nurse still strong? Yes and no. Depends on the survivors and the map.

• Zoldyar

So the video I shown you isn’t normal gameplay because the Nurse player is doing well? I sent you over 3 videos of different YouTubers using nurse and somehow it isn’t normal gameplay? Keep in mind that in every video the survivor team are high ranked but still lost.

Secondly, you know the killer can perform well, but yet to still made this forum?At this point it sounds like you are just making excuses.

Your point doesn’t make sense because what’s stopping you from watching a live stream of a person playing nurse? This isn’t rocket science.

I don’t think you have any evidence to prove he lost more games than he won with nurse so once again, stop making up excuses.

You understand that the survivors in oh tofu video were all red ranks meaning they are experienced players. Also, this isn’t a new killer, it’s the same killer that just received a nerf. So if anything, the killer should be the one struggling instead of the survivors.

Finally, you are showing you are making excuses because you talk about a 4 hour video of nurse being a top tier killer, but no one sent you a 4 hour video and somehow someone has already provided you footage? Okay.

• adsads123123123123

I knew I should have not replied when I read your previous response. Arguing with low IQ gets me no where.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

This guy is pretty good with every killer.

You could also watch SpaceEsports tournaments on twitch.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Let me say right off the bat. This guy is a really good nurse and on console no less. So I want to say that he did really well. However, he was playing vs 4 potatoes. They constantly ran into walls and tried to block the nurse's pathing using pallets. This is the same kind of survivor who thinks it's a good idea to throw a pallet to block a huntress's hatchet.

Their ranks confirm that they were potatoes. Not 1 purple rank or red rank, 3 green ranks and a yellow rank. And the killer himself is a purple rank. So what we can gather is that a purple rank killer can easily 4k a group of green and yellow rank survivors.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

You'll find very few..all you'll see is potatos getting stomped by 5k plus hour pc nurses with the best addons available..the reality is I've yet to see a nurse vs one of these kinds of players and win..and based on what they say..they haven't..people ignorantly state nurse is still on top but I can say with absolute certainty that once that lazy basket change got green lighted she was easily surpassed by spirit , freddy, hag, hell Billy too and likely more besides..both in fun factor and power shes a reminder that these devs are very capable of making wrong moves even now..lol..look at oni for proof of that

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

Stats don't lie. Nurse is weakest killer at the moment also the least picked. If all bad nurses stopped playing her, her kill rate should go up, not down. I can post video of me killing survivors without any blinks, doesn't really prove that nurse is still viable, just that survivors are extremely bad.

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

Mileeva is an absolutely amazing Nurse player, but she's Russian so I can't understand it. Her blinks are on point.

• Zoldyar
    edited January 2020

Talks about IQ for me replying to you, but you replying to me doesn’t make your IQ as worst as me? Remember you got your answer so there is no reason to reply, but yet you still reply anyways? Just remember whatever reason you have to replying can be said for me as well.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Too stressful for her reward...but I still love her ;-;

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Also forgot to add on, she's definitely not stronger than Spirit.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

She is map dependent and even a little bit add-on dependent, but I still would say that she's top tier together with Spirit, Billy and Hag. Is she's still the best ? Depends on what map you get and how hard Dedicated Servers cuck you.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110