Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What happened to Nurse?

I don't understand? I stopped playing DBD for a while and I come back to see that Nurse is nerfed and now she suck so bad! I used to be rank 1 Nurse and now I can't even kill rank 15 players? Why the destroyed her like that?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Pavilions

There was a nerf to her base-kit to make her a bit more fair to Survivors that don't always face pro-nurses.

It was also changed to counter-act the "Omega Blink" add-on combo, which was agreed to be unfair for Survivors to face... especially against a good Nurse.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

Oh yeah, basically :

• They reworked all her add-ons, so no more Omega Blink Nurse
    • They reworked her blinks so you can't blink 2 times, then immediately blink 2 times again, you must recharge the blink

It didnt nerf her that much. She's still the strongest. But now her skill cap is even higher and higher so basically, 90% of the Nurses who played "correctly" are now very bad, but those who played her very well just play as good as before, she's still very viable.

So : train your new Nurse. Nothing more to say, sorry

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Nah do not waste your time. There is no reward for being good with nurse, even when you 4k it isn't fun. The killer isn't the best anymore.

You can do the same with other killers so don't bother.

• Kagari_Leha

She's still the best, she's just extremely harder to play. But once you get her to a good level again, it's all like old Nurse or almost

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

No it isn't like old nurse at all. She isn't the best. It is like a reverse spirit situation against good survivors, there really is no upside to being good with her and i do play her and do good with her. The hassle is not worth it by a longshot, you can have way more fun playin any other killer but doc/legion.

• Pavilions
    Pavilions Member Posts: 14

I have to agree with Endstille. They ruined her, the fact i'm a considered to be a good nurse and rank 14 & 15 survivors can play against her that means she suck. When I blink to transfer to the survivors position and then blink gain to hit him while he is running if I either hit or miss, I have to wait for the blink charge to come back while the survivor can run and lose or if he got hit he will be flying and I have to wait for the blink to come!! What is this? are we now begging for blinks so we can hit survivors? she is not even good now. I would say she is one of the worst killers in the game right now.

• Kagari_Leha

Doc and Legion are fun ? to me the only unfun killer right now is Oni because of the nerf he took (and Clown when you start struggling as hell)

but nurse is still the strongest, even if Spirit is really close until they give her a phasing clue.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited December 2019

I mean, you weren't going to adjust to the change like that *snap*

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

She does take a lot of adjusting. If you're constantly comparing her to old Nurse while you're playing, going "oh man I miss X mechanic" then yeah, it's not going to be much fun. But if you just learn to play her as she is now, you might surprise yourself. She's the same character in essence, her skill threshold is just insanely high now.

The people who are having the best time with Nurse now are the ones who are either new to the killer since the nerf, or who were basically able to pretend that they were. For old Nurse players, she takes a lot of getting used to. You can't play new Nurse the way you played old Nurse. Your muscle memory built up from that will fail you, and if you try to play her like you used to you'll probably find it frustrating and not fun. But if you can put that aside and give the new Nurse a fair and unbiased go, as if you were playing her for the first time, you stand the best chance of still being able to enjoy her (depending, I suppose, on where your enjoyment of her came from in the first place).