To those that dropped cash on the battle pass, who's going to do it again?

2»

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

As it turns out, I got all my auric cells back. So no need to buy it again. An hour a day on average is not likely enough to get all the way through the battlepass. If you can finish all of the challenges then you should be able to finish the pass though. But it isn't for everyone. I would argue that if you even got halfway through the pass that you easily got your money's worth though.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Definitely if they reduce the EXP required to get a fragment. If they don't, I'd have to see what cosmetics they have to offer. If there's anything like the blue Nea hat at lvl 58 of this rift, I'll probably end up getting it if I don't burn out.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Depending on the cosmetics, and as for tiers I just bought the last two because I just can't be arsed to grind it out, especially since I'm taking a break from DBD for new games that are actually fun and not frustrating to play.

• Camophlo
    Camophlo Member Posts: 104

I will if one of four things happens

1. David King gets a good cosmetic (I'm a David Main and it's been said he and Jane, Spirit and Doctor will be the focus of this next Tome)

2. Jane gets a creative cosmetic

3. Spirit gets a badass one

4. It is refunded again. That was a great way to reward those who spent money on it

The 1st tome wasn't that bad since it was "level up the pass atleast once per day" gave me reason to stay in matches longer to get that exp for the pass. And it'll cost me nothing as it was refunded upon completing it.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

I ll do

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

ill save money for good skins next time.. the matchmaking is taking way too long i havent played killer in 2 months now.. and survivor ques are still long in my region.. i only get an hour or 2 max to play everyother day or so . yeah and rewards werent that great either. so ill pass on the next one.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    edited January 2020

You are the perfect customer for bhvr. They love you :)

U took the bait and wasted 20 bucks to avoid the grind for... simple cosmetics. That's some 1 million IQ strat right there

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I will probably do the same as I did on this rift, wait and see how far i get. I made it to 70 on this one so it was a no brainer to buy it since i got the cells right back.

I did get a little burnt out, so I doubt that I will put in the same amount of time on the next one. That's why I like how you can wait and buy it in the end after you see how far you got.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Depends on who it’s for.

But.. probably.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

I obviously dont care. =/ BHVR wants to take my money so be it. Cause this game is going to die like Deathgarden on their current path.

So I decided to support em so they all can find jobs when this game dies.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited January 2020

I won't be.

It's just the idea that for the people who design the game have the idea that 1 rift fragment is earnt pretty much every game so 10 games in 1 hour equals 1 level up for each hour spent playing.

That is different from the reality of playing the game with 40+ minute Lobbys and the constant DC's which affect the xp you receive.

The challenges help but they don't if you cannot find the time for 2/3/4 hours because of how buggy matchmaking is.

• DwightOP
  • Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Not really...

I was saying If them taking my money will support these devs to find another job if their game becomes dead like Deathgarden, then so be it.

This game will eventually die on this current path. So... I would rather not having people homeless than you very much.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Same. If the rewards interest me enough I will get it.

I really really hope we get a rugby outfit for David since it’s a huge part of his lore. If we got that I would buy it in a heart beat.

Also I still have my 1000 auric cells that the last pass rebated me so I don’t have to pay outta pocket this time.

• DwightOP

Yeah sorry that I don't support something that I don't like and don't try to help everyone out to keep their job. What am I, the president?

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

I did but will not do it again. Not buying anything else they sell until lobby times are fixed

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

I didn't want to buy it becuase charms weren't enough incentive for the grind. I ended up buying it because I was gonna buy 1000 cells to buy skins anyway, I had finished the rift so I thought I might as well buy it becuase I was gonna get the cells back and have extra stuff.

The only way I'd buy it again is if I finish it and if I need to buy more skins (or if the rift items are worth it, charms arent worth it IMO)

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Some don't care about the money and that's who the system was built for. You know there were those that dropped 8000 cells into this thing without a second thought.

• Proxi
    Proxi Member Posts: 62

yup it's really hard to get it done when having a life.. i hope they improve on it.. I did every single archive challenge end ended up like at like 45/70 and the grind to 70 is pure pain.. for actually so little reward.

Really don't like the rift system (already hated it in fortnite -> also the reason I quit fortnite after 9 seasons), still think it was not needed and a bad move.. But business is talking they probably made good money out of it and made people grind more so more playtime.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2020

I bought the Rift once I got far enough for all the Nurse cosmetics and to get back 500 auric cells. This way I felt like I was just paying 500 auric cells for an outfit. Then I ended up completing the Rift so I basically got it for free.

For the next one I will probably do something similar. Wait until I unlock what I want then buy it. If there is nothing I want I probably won't buy it.

I will say I think they need to put more stuff in the free track. Even if it's something like bonus BP or shards that would be fine.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

I waited until I got to level 70, then bought it and got all the cosmetics at once. I'm saving the 1k Auric Cells too- I got all the characters and perks I want, so if I get to max level on the next Rift pass i'll buy it, get my Auric Cells back and a ton of cosmetics. I'm playing this game for a while, so theoretically I'll only have spent the inital $10 for the first Rift pass.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Didnt buy the last one and wont buy the next one, looks to grindy.