To those that dropped cash on the battle pass, who's going to do it again?

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I know I did. Got suckered with the 'only need to play one hour a day' line they gave out. That's on me. Not doing it again.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I will

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

I'm pretty close to completing it, so if I do, I'll spend the cells on the next one. I don't notice the grind a whole lot, as it tends to take me a while to get the challenges done. I'm not very good at survivor, and somehow ended up at rank 8, so the more specific challenges are rather difficult.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348
    edited January 2020

Nope. I opted to buy a spirit skin with the cells I earned back.

Too much grind for what it is. Outside of like 2 or 3 charms and outfits, the rest were just reskins

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Nope.

I spent $20 just to say screw the grind.

Cause the grind is too much for simple cosmetics.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

I did and likely won’t again. The serum seems worthless and I guess I don’t understand the point. I love the archives but the pass and rift are sort of lame.

• SlimyTaco
    SlimyTaco Member Posts: 133

Not me, lol. I hate being forced to play a certain way, especially if its detrimental as a whole.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

I am.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230
    edited January 2020

Not me. My tome challenges are bugged so I cant complete them. Waste of 10 bucks

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

I haven't bought the first pass; I'm undecided for the second.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,351

I figured id save my money to see how far I can get in it before buying it. The devs were pretty fair with that so not sure how anyone can feel suckered. Currently at rift tier 62 with plenty of challenges left to fill it out, so figured id buy it after taking a nice screenshot of the tier 70 screen and PROBABLY just keep recycling the auric cells from it to do future ones.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

if i still get back my money in cells diffidently, you get a ton of free cosmetics and even if you don't get to the end you will would probably still have gotten to a high enough level to purchase another cosmetic with the cells you earned back.

• Jareth
    Jareth Member Posts: 112

Since I finished this one and got my cells back I most likely will. I wouldn't put any more money into it as it is now though. The skins weren't that interesting and charms are pretty worthless. I just don't feel like it was worth the money. Being able to roll over cells is really the only thing that will keep me coming back so I'm hoping it will be worth it in the long run.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I'm going to use the auric cells from that rift for the next one. Easy like that.

• SpookyJeff
    SpookyJeff Member Posts: 108

The thing I'm thinking about with the new tome is that our first one was boosted with a few days worth of XP before it actually opened, which put me at like tier 13 or 17 right off the bat. That's a lot of play time to grind out in the same time I had to grind out 53 or so levels when I'm already just finishing the challenges on time this time around. I really hope they crank down the XP needed per rift fragment and come through on their promise of the rift being possible to complete playing one hour a day. I'll probably hold off on buying the premium pass this time around and see if I hit 70 or not. Like you guys all said, if you hit 70 and have 1000 auric cells, there's no reason not to buy it.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Was pretty fun since I just play normally as I should and yes since I got 1k cells back totally buying it again

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I will get it again, if it costs 1500. I should get the ammount back from the current rift so it does not really matter.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Depends whats in it. The only reason I bought this one is to see how it works.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If i like the premium rift, i'll get it.

If i don't, then i won't.

The next time i will it'll be free anyway.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited January 2020

Il be buying it, I play this game a lot so I enjoy having something to do while i play with an objective in mind, also I like the little charms you get

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Man you guys don't know how to have fun. Yes it's a grind and some of them are difficult but that's the fun. Just do what you can next time and don't worry if you don't finish. Just have fun playing. You can still do them even after the event is over, except you won't get the unlockables (that you all claim sucks anyway.) 🤣

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,160

I earned the Auric Cells back and didn't spend them. If I complete the next Rift (and it returns the Auric Cells) then I will buy the premium pass. Otherwise, I won't.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I dislike the way the challenges force me to use perks like noed or self care.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

woo hoo charm reskins are obviously quality content

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Probably

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Tbh, if there isn't at least (around) 10 pieces of cosmetics you like, it isn't worth buying. You might think you're getting your moneys worth but if the rest of the items are something you're never going to use, you might as well be throwing money down a well.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Nope. Most of the cosmetics blowed.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

I will if it will get the cells back again. I wanted to buy some skins anyway so I knew at one point I will donate. I have waited till I reached lvl 70. Took me around 50 days with big gaps cuz of travel and other things. Easy tome tasks granted fast lvl up. Plus first 7 levels were there from the beginning. So I did not feel the grind that much. I will see if rewards will be good

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

I'll probably do the same as this time.. if there's something I really like towards the later tiers, and I unlock it.. then I'll buy it as long as it's retroactive like it was this time. I won't buy it until I know I am going to keep playing the game enough.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

Naaah probs never again. Rewards felt very lackluster (I didn't even notice whenever I got something new from ranking up) and personally I don't like that everyone gets the same rewards.

I know it's never gonna happen (maybe) but I would much prefer the lootbox approach with charms, otherwise everyone has the same charms and they lose all value to me.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

This 100%. I would have gotten the noed hooks, basement sacrifices, and obsession sacrifices all in the same match lol

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

With all these killer nerfs and terrible killer design philosophy they confessed to? Absolutely not, they've been telling killer players they hate us since the rift started (right after I payed for it of course) and I've felt somewhat cheated with the slow progression and fewer things for killer. No way I'm getting the rift without major overhauls to the progression speed and payouts. The free track is so empty it really negs you into the primium tier, don't fall for it this time.

• Eye66
  • Eye66

Heck, 5 or 6 without the shards from EVERY challenge

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

1) there still will be limited pattern of charms you can get as it required artists to draw them unless they do procedural generated charms. But then again, why so special about that?

2) Not sure have you play mobiles games with gatcha system. Lootbox, in my eyes, is just a system that try to trick people into spending arbitrary amount of money to may or may not get something you want, kind of like gamble at time. I, for one do not like it very much as I am currently playing one such game and do tire of other people drawing the rare card in the first 10 draws and sometime even multiple, but I have to spend so much money just to get 1 rare card.

• Proxi
    Proxi Member Posts: 62

yup the grind is not worth the cosmetics and burns you out.. I liked dbd as a game you could jump on to play some fun quick rounds.. not as a 7hour/day grinder ... I really hope they make it a bit easier to get to max lvl rift, for example after you finish every archive challenge you will end up at like lvl 60 of 70. So the grind isn't as crazy.

I played too much dbd in the past couple of weeks without even wanting to really play it. I'm at lvl 63/70 now. Most likely gonna buy the rest of the rift and not gonna get the next battlepass.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

Yeah I totally get it's not for everyone, but to me it's exciting and I don't mind grinding to get one rare charm/card every 20 uncommons. It just feels more unique instead of everyone getting the same stuff.

• HanginToads
    HanginToads Member Posts: 4

My wife is going to. I'm not. I made it to I think level 50 playing five to six hours a day four times a week. Did almost every survivor challenge all the way to the end and a few killer ones.

The $10 doesn't bother me too much, and some of the cosmetics were nice, but with the grind per level so high I don't feel like it's worth it unless you no life it. Not for a working man.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496
  • Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226

If it had the same format I will, the wait and see format, where I can earn the money back anyways.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I mean, they already have my $10, I can't get that back, so I may as well get ~6 outfits and a handful of crappy charms over 1 outfit.

I'll still be playing the game, I'll still be doing the challenges either way for bloodpoints and lore, I might as well get the rewards.

I'll definitely hold off to see how far I get though, and if they don't improve the grindiness off it, and the poor quality of the rewards, I may just hold off and see how the one after that looks.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,202

I'm curious if more people would buy into it if they knew they could be guaranteed to finish it within 70 hours or if there would be some kind of pushback from those that want the rift more challenging to make the rewards more valuable.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

I notice that nobody mentions that they started at tier 10-15 and only grinded out 55-60 tiers. It felt like so long before I got to tier 70/completed all the challenges, and that wasn't truly even all 70. I didn't buy this rift pass due to not having money for it, but if I did buy it I might not buy the next one depending on the rewards. It sucked that the cosmetics were not full sets and the charms were 60% reskins.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I thought most if the charms are pretty cool, through some are way better than others.