The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should I be just starting this game? Lol

Razovar
Razovar Member Posts: 16
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I’ve just bought the game today but I’ve seen the thread saying it’s the hardest game for a new player. I don’t mind grinding to earn things but if it’s going to be completely unplayable is there any point?

playing on PS4 btw.

Comments

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367

It will not be unplayable or unwinnable. You just have a lot of things to learn at once. You have a rotation of killers to learn that we were able to slowly learn over time on top of how to play.

Then there's maps and spawns.

But just focus on your role, how to play, and mechanics. Then branch to stuff like loops, items, skills,etc..

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

If you want a duo,I'm here to help. I highly suggest the game. Tho itt depends if you're on PC or console,and what role you wanna main. Personally I'm a killer main and I found the game a bit frustrating the first 4 games I played,then it became so much enjoyable. As survivor,you will have a hard time learning to loop and skillchecks are a mess. But in a few days,you will have a great time

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341

Its not unplayable, just hard to pick up on the start. But its a game which really makes you feel very satisfied when you outplay an enemy in any way so its worth getting better at.

Maybe this week you will have a hard time with getting into a match but the devs will surelly fix it once their winter break is over

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

BTW those who complain,still play the game for an imaginary reason,because it's fun. They just LOVE complaining. Lemme know if u wanna queue up with me.

• Souless
    Souless Member Posts: 47

Its unplayable from starting killer perspective.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

It's hard if you start playing as a survivor. Matchmaking is messed up right now. Before these matchmaking issues playing killer was very easy because low rank survivors don't know whay they're doing.

• toxic_clown
    toxic_clown Member Posts: 318

just have fun. if the killer is taking too long in queue, mess around on surv.

im happy to have you in the community! <3

• The_Meh_Teh
    The_Meh_Teh Member Posts: 136

Don't listen to all the junk on here. I just started too and already have two presitge characters. It's easy man, it just might take a few matches to get the hang of things. Have fun out there!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Whoever said this is the hardest game to pick up hasn't lived long enough.

• Razovar

do you tank up separately as a survivor and killer or combined?

• The_Meh_Teh

@Razovar You have an overall player rank, but then you also rank up separately.

I play as both, switching back and forth so it's not so repetitive.

• Razovar

So if I just play survivor for 2 weeks it would still be hard to get a game as killer?

• The_Meh_Teh

You mean for matching ranks? No, I don't think you'll have an issue getting a game. In my experience there are more friends playing as survivors so it could take longer to play as one of them. Killer usually only take a few seconds to get a match, but that also depends on timezone/time of day. Once you play more you'll see what I mean and you'll rank up quickly.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Welcome to the game!

Your in game currency - bloodpoints can be used on either survivor or killer regardless of which side they were earned on and you can level as many or as little as you want at a time. However, bloodwebs (where you use the bloodpoints) and character levels are not shared and combined.

Each survivor is basically a skin after you unlock their teachable perks, and every killer is different.

My best advice is to stick to 1 survivor until you at least unlock their teachables for the other survivors to use.

Play both roles, learn how the game works from both aspects-- have fun and ignore the salt.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I would recommend starting with David to get Were gonna live forever then either move onto Feng Min for her perks or Bill for Borrowed Time.

It's a bit of a grind, but with a 2x BP event and using David's WGLF perk you should he able to level a few survivors for the event.

David's WGLF perk and the event will considerably help you out early game.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Play killer first. Buy bubba if you're willing to spend 5 dollars for a good beginner character. Playing survivor can be very harsh for new players.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

The key is to balance out your playing time. Get used to one side and then try out the other side. Playing both sides really opens up a better understanding to the game. As Killer you get an idea of what the survivors like to do, and as Survivor you get to see the ups and downs for the killers.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

It is a hard hard grind as survivor. As killer, not so much. By rank 15 I could get 4K most game with hag, and due to the wonderful matchmaking I’ve been up against rank 7-8 survivors the whole time. As survivor I’m rank 5 and still die a ton.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

The game is hard and frustrating at first. You won't be able to find generators. Ruin will feel like the mostoverpowered and obnoxious thing in the world. Spirit will grab you of gens, Myers will pop up out off nowhere and stare at you. You May throw your controller in rage and vow never to play again. But if you stick with it. You will learn. Every loss a learning tool. You will learn to dodge hatchets, hit great skill checks while puking your brains out, learn the God loops, to tbag killers at every pallet and window and then escape. And your downfall into addiction will be complete. You won't be able to stop playing.

You Will still get frustrated but you Will understand. There's no other game like dead by daylight. You will become a fog runner, as unable to leave the realm of the entity as much as the characters in the game.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

This game has one really steep learning curve. While the community is toxic, they're pretty forgiving of new players, which is rare online. Stick with it, watch Noob3 and Monto to get the basic idea, and watch Samination's parodies when you're feeling frustrated.

Should take a few days to adapt and start getting better.

• LegioPotatica
    LegioPotatica Member Posts: 50

Hey, im relatively new myself if ya wanna group up & whatnot. I mostly play killer, and while the learning process hurts, you'll quickly start kicking babies if you pay attention to what's working for ya & whats not.

Psn is possumsauce69