Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do killers kill certain people but then farm with others?

??

Comments

• HauntedMandalorian
    HauntedMandalorian Member Posts: 99

I'm sure there's communication going on about helping with certain challenges.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

It all depends on my mood at that moment. When I start booking and killing survivors, I try to decide

A. Do I want to let one live?

B. If so, which one?

But it's still up to them because it can always change with how the match is going. If they start getting super sweaty or start tea bagging, it's curtains for all.

• Tokkern
    Tokkern Member Posts: 74

I let innocent ones live.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Sometimes if I complete a daily I may just let whoever's left live.

If you teabag you probably die. Everyone else lives.

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

A lot of killers will typically start the farming once a few survivors are dead, that way the survivors are more likely to actually agree to it, and understand the intentions. Its just a matter of leverage, one i dont bother to do, since i dont farm

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    edited January 2020

For me it depends on many things. For example I’ll go ham at start, but if someone dcs or I can tell the matchmaking has failed horribly, I tend to ease up. By then I might have killed one, but the last two I’ll have fun with. Wasn’t anything personal against first one killed, they just happened to die before I changed my play style.

I had a game yesterday. Killed a meg pretty quick. I then noted a Jake who clearly was brand new. He ran into a corner and was just confused. I realized I matched with survivors at higher ranks (16-18)than me (12) so I let them practice and have some fun.

That being said, it’s not often I don’t go for a 4K.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited January 2020

There are lots of reasons. Occasionally there's some prior agreement in place, or they know the survivor(s) in question, but that's pretty rare. More often, it's just a matter of the killer's whims.

Some killers only play seriously for as long as it takes them to complete their challenge or daily, and then let any remaining survivors go.

Some killers take pity on survivors if one or more members of the team DC.

Some will take pity on a team of survivors, or whichever survivors are remaining, if they realise that they're obviously so far above the survivors in skill level that they could murder them all without breaking a sweat and there's absolutely no contest involved. Often, in this scenario, they assume that the matchmaking messed up or the survivors are new and could use a break.

Some killers will set out to kill certain survivors who are toxic or just really good, as either a matter of vengeance or a personal challenge, and then let the rest go.

Some actively avoid getting a 4k because they don't want to rank up too quickly, or at all.

And some have personal favourites or enemies among the survivor characters. So they might let Dwights go, for example, but make sure to sacrifice any Claudettes they see. This kind of bias can also extend to cosmetic combinations. For example, Elf Dwight is pretty much universally beloved, while Scoops Ahoy Steve has a reputation for toxic behaviour.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I let the last survivor live if they do the following

1. help me on a hard challenge for archives
    2. The ENTIRE team besides them was horrible
    3. If someone on the team disconnected
  • ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Kill the toxic people but they also don't wanna ruin the match for the survivors that were nice.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Dwelf is an adorable treasure and must be protected at all costs.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I generally play Killer for bloodpoints so I'm never averse to farming, but I also don't go super out of my way for it. I'll usually hook survivors once to get points and/or a barbecue stack, complete any rituals I have going, then just run around and harass the survivors to keep points flowing.

After the first hook, if I down someone a second time I'll very deliberately walk to a hook and not hook them as a way to give a clue. Often I made sure to keep the hook centered in my view to try and make it obvious it's deliberate.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

This so much of this! 🐷💖

Plus boops boops lead to spearing lol also gift offerings lol

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

When there are 2 survivors left and their team hasn't gotten a single gen done I hook them till last hook and farm. I pity them tbh

• TooKoolFoU
    TooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

Ok for me it depends. If im trying to farm with one guy than ill mostly leave the others alone. I may use them for points, but won't kill them. Although, they usually get mad and kill themselves.

If I'm not farming and I'm feeling nice, ill sometimes have a favorite in the match. By favorite, i just mean that there's like one guy who doesn't seem like he wants to be a total piece of sh*t. If i have a favorite in the match than I let him/her build up some objective points before I kill them or i may even let them go. I always let the baby players walk around and kind of figure stuff out as well.