Heeellp

Okay so I'm new to DBD and I reaaally want to get into playing killer (specifically Jigsaw and Myers or whatever they're called in game I think like Pig and Face or something) but I just need like a rundown of what things mean what and like what's the whole game like. Cause I've been trying to find out on my own but it's so confusing like at one point Survivors were apparently broken or something and now it's the killers who are in a better spot? But some are trash? I'm just generally confused so any information could really be useful

Answers

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    That's a lot of info you need help on. It's pretty much asking for all the fine details and generalizations at once.

Survivors have the advantage in general because of a mixture of perks, items, some game mechanics/bugs, originally undesigned for gameplay, and expertise of players. It's a bit better for Killers since the last two patches but unless you play the better Killers the most optimally you can you will lose or even be bullied by experienced Survivors. 

Myers is a great Killer, generally considered one of better ones that aren't the current "best". A skilled Killer can take Mikey and do crazy things with him. He's also probably the jump scare King of the game.  Pig is a good Killer but generally considered less so than The Shape (Mikey). 

As far as "what things mean" I'll need specific things to help you with there. Also, check the wiki, it's a great source of info. Also, watch Tru3ta1ent on YouTube he explains a lot of mechanics and the current meta during his gameplay videos.
  • Tiktai
    Tiktai Member Posts: 8
    What I meant is when I look in the comments of videos for DBD I see all this talk about acronym stuff that I don't really get. I also don't get why some things are seen has broken. Things like DH or DS stuff like that. There waas a killer one that some survivor players called broken it was like Unyielding strength I think? Why is that broken?
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Tiktai said:
    What I meant is when I look in the comments of videos for DBD I see all this talk about acronym stuff that I don't really get. I also don't get why some things are seen has broken. Things like DH or DS stuff like that. There waas a killer one that some survivor players called broken it was like Unyielding strength I think? Why is that broken?
    DS = Decisive Strike. A controversial perk as it allows a survivor to get away with a lost chase.

DH can stand for Dead Hard or Devour Hope.
     Dead Hard allows to dodge an attack and Devour Hope is a hex perk that cranks the Killer up by 10000% if it works. Both are broken in their own ways so you have to learn it from context.

Unyielding Strength doesnt exist. There is Unrelenting and Brutal Strength. I never heard that BS is broken as it only allows for faster pallet and gen destruction.
    Unrelenting used to be overpowered when combined with Michael Myers' Save the best for last perk, however that was long ago and nerfed and not a issue anymore.
  • Tiktai
    Unrelenting was what I was thinking of, also wow is every match just a t-bag fest from survivors?
  • MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42
    Tiktai said:
    Unrelenting was what I was thinking of, also wow is every match just a t-bag fest from survivors?
    Yes
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tiktai said:

In the beginning it seems like killer is OP. Once survivors gain enough experience, some killers are so weak that survivors can literally bully them. Thats what most players refer to when talking about broken balance etc.

• Tiktai
    So I was wondering, when it comes to slugging survivors is there a tip to keep track of them? So like say I down a survivor near another one hooked, but a third survivor pops up and I chase them. Is there like a tip to help me guess where the survovor is better?
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    Tiktai said:
    So I was wondering, when it comes to slugging survivors is there a tip to keep track of them? So like say I down a survivor near another one hooked, but a third survivor pops up and I chase them. Is there like a tip to help me guess where the survovor is better?
    Hmm in that situation you cant do much about the 4th guy coming along saving both if you chase the third since you can only chase one at a time. Depending on hook stages it'd be wise to either camp the hook while they waste time or hook the slugged person if he already got hooked atleast once.
  • Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    They make a lot of noise when in the dying state so listen for lots of moans of pain. There is also the Deerstalker perk. 
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Survivors still run the show unfortunately.

But yeah, the devs are slowly shifting the balance to where it should be.

As for the killers you like (Pig and Myers), they're mid tier killers. Meaning, you can be successful with them, but you will struggle against competent survivors.

Typically, if you want consistent success, you'll need to learn one of the top tier killers. Namely: Nurse, Billy, Hag, and Huntress.

Those killers get results.

If rank doesn't matter to you, then just play whoever you want.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Tiktai said:
    No. My group doesn't tag at all. Not one person I play with does. Also, if you are playing on console survivor role is MUCH harder than PC. So again it depends on a variety of factors...