Making Survivor perks viable

Disclaimer: killer perks are not at all focus of this discussion

It's no secret that there are some god awful survivor perks in this game, no mither, babysitter, buckle up etc. Personally, I'm sick of every chapter buying perks that are not viable and are never used. I would say since the freddy chapter, there haven't been many great perks, though they do exist. For example, almost any rank 1 wouldn't use Quentin, Tapp, Steve, Jeff's, or Ash's and I think we need another huge group of reworked perks. I wont say all but I'll give a few examples of some rework/changes

Wake up: 25% from fifteen, opening both gates adds one minute to end game collapse timer

Mom: safe unhooks count towards stacks for taking an extra hit

No mither: gain a 100% total BP bonus, built in iron will, start off healthy but will once injured will stay broken

Buckle up- same effects, but picking two people off the ground will give u one unbreakable and every time u pick someone up, both survivors gain a speed boost of 150% for 1.5 seconds

Vigil: can recover from exhaustion while running at a reduced rate

Or: gain immunities to all status effects with exception of exhaustion, and the immunity includes EXPOSED

What do u guys think, not enough or way too much. Let me know😀

Comments

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

i just want WGLF to give some other benefit similar to how BBQ gives stacks and auras

but i agree all perks save for like 7 are beyond useless and usually a detriment if anything

• MrHades
    MrHades Member Posts: 3

I agree, giving bonuses to healing, unhooking speeds, or another benefit like when u have four stacks, u can get a mom or just something to give the perk more use would be welcomed

• Ev13698324
    Ev13698324 Member Posts: 61

Wakeup, sounds pretty good honestly.

MoM, that change would be super overpowered, if that was to go through the number would have to be increased to 5 or something. otherwise its way too strong.

No Mither, like your idea except it shouldn't have built in iron will. One perk shouldn't include the effect of another for no reason, it already has a partial sound reduction anyway.

Buckleup, the idea of infinite unbreakable seems stupid, that should have one used and the speed boost seems fine as long as it gives exaustion and doesn't work if the survivor(s) are exausted.

Vigil: unless its like 15% of normal speed or something, idea 1 is terrible. Immunity to all status effects seems fine, except not to exposed, thats way too strong a counter for tonnes of perks, and even the powers of some killers.

Looking at general balance, your ideas seem a bit too much on the strong side, but I desperately want these perks to get some buffs.

• MrHades
    MrHades Member Posts: 3

Thanks, the only comment I disagree with is buckle up because its situational, u cant Always pick someone from off the ground and some killers dont slug. That's the benefits are so good because it wont always happen every game.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    edited January 2020

Babysitter is underrated. Change my mind

• Ev13698324
    Ev13698324 Member Posts: 61

Slugging is a very frequent thing in high rank games. The potential of infinite unbreakables is extremely powerful, especially considering how good unbreakable is by itself as a base perk. It should only have one use imo. Your suggestion already has other uses alongside giving unbreakable, such as the speed boost.