How devs will hear the killers.

Options
DarkGGhost
DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

When the new chapter come out don't play any killer for 1-2 weeks. I know is to much but this is the only way devs will hear us and start giving buff to the killers too. The reazon is if the 70% of killer stop playing so the 70% of surrs can't play the game.

Comments

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I doubt anyone will ever be able to convince 70% of the killers to go on strike.

Just ain't gonna happen.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

Just pull a Survivor tactic and review bomb gents, then you can still play.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    My current review for Dead by Daylight is positive. If killer gameplay becomes a repetitive sequence of running in circles I will mention that, then change my rating accordingly.
  • DarkGGhost
    Options

the review will not work because the always be 1 killer review for every 4

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:
    When the new chapter come out don't play any killer for 1-2 weeks. I know is to much but this is the only way devs will hear us and start giving buff to the killers too. The reazon is if the 70% of killer stop playing so the 70% of surrs can't play the game.

THE KILLERS JUST GOT BIG BUFFS i cant flashlight save anymore unless the killer is smart and puts his head into a wall or scares me away by hitting me. and also if your STILL complaining about survivors body blocking it is something THEY PUT INTO THE GAME ON PURPOSE have you heard of Were Gonna Live Forever it gives us points if we get hit by the killer when he is carrying a survivor.

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 the buff killer get is samething we need at least one year ago. The thing is surr alway get buff and almost never nerf , a never say anything about body block but i will say about bloodlust and the new buff to the pallet.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

But how can you say that before the new chapter even has been released. Maybe it will be a killer that is actually balanced with it's perks and abilities. Need to give it a chance atleast

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@JoannaVO it will not help because it will not balance the athers killers and it's not solution to give one killer that he/she be balance

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited August 2018
    Options

@JoannaVO it will not help because it will not balance the athers killers and it's not solution to give one killer that he/she be balance

I agree, even if they add one good killer, survivors will whine and a nerf will come soon after release.
  • minsc
    minsc Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Pretty sure they don't want you to body block that's why there's a ways to report body blocking because it's abusive to mechanics of the game play look in the report option you'll see it
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

I already switched over to maining survivor until they fix some of the nonsense.

• DarkGGhost
    Options

i want to think about the problem killers have and now tell me how long we have thoes proplems.

• JoannaVO
    Options

Nobody is denying the point you're trying to make, because you're definetly right but realistically seen it's just not going to work out like that. When a new killer gets released people are going to be hyped to try it out, and even if there wouldn't be a new chapter, the chance that killers would actually stop playing just to prove their point, which they aren't even sure of whether their protest is going to be effective or not, is just really low.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

This wouldn't do anything.
    Anytime a new killer releases, killer lobbies take longer than normal, because even some survivors want to try it out. If anything you're just making it better for people that will continue to play the game since they won't need to wait so long.

I mean, go ahead if you want, but there are more constructive ways to get your point across than some half-ass "strike". Give them proper feedback (posts in feedback subforum with actual substance rather than rants, give fair options/ideas besides "NERF THIS NAO!").

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    edited August 2018
    Options

@RuneStarr said:
    I mean, go ahead if you want, but there are more constructive ways to get your point across than some half-ass "strike". Give them proper feedback (posts in feedback subforum with actual substance rather than rants, give fair options/ideas besides "NERF THIS NAO!").

Except this has been an issue for literally years at this point. They have all the bloody feedback they could ever need, and I personally can't be arsed to add to the pile. Since they seem to want to have a survivor-centric game, then $#&* it, I'll play survivor.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options
    minsc said:
    Pretty sure they don't want you to body block that's why there's a ways to report body blocking because it's abusive to mechanics of the game play look in the report option you'll see it
    The official position is that survivors bodyblocking a killer while they are carrying someone to the hook or chasing another survivor is fine, because the killer can hit you to make you move.

Whether you are playing killer or survivor, bodyblocking a survivor into a position they cannot escape and holding them there without recourse is reportable. Since they have no way of forcing you to move, you are holding them hostage.

A killer can bodyblock a survivor for a short time, say long enough for BT to run out or to charge a chainsaw. However, trapping a survivor in the basement and refusing to kill them is reportable.
  • DarkGGhost
    Options

The devs need to give buff to all killer and in the game. Isn't possible to reward mistakes and make the most week character the stronest just because they cry a lot

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Honestly, devs need to add something so the game doesnt end so fast. None of the killer complaints are issues without the game ending in 5 minutes without ruin. This game is hard to balance between competitive and casual players. Maybe add an actual ranked mode and a separate casual mode, ranked taking longer to complete gens and now swf and a punishment for camping killers. There we go, problem solved. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Honestly, devs need to add something so the game doesnt end so fast. None of the killer complaints are issues without the game ending in 5 minutes without ruin. This game is hard to balance between competitive and casual players. Maybe add an actual ranked mode and a separate casual mode, ranked taking longer to complete gens and now swf and a punishment for camping killers. There we go, problem solved. 
    No swf not now
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited August 2018
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:

Yes, because the mid-chapter update didn't have killer updates and had buffs for survivors. They should be doing them together, but it appears every other update is killer and the same goes for survivor. Besides, they need to check some of the buffs out in PTB first and if it proves too bad there, they'll scrap or change it.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@minsc said:

Body blocking is for prolonging the game. For instance, a killer keeps you in a corner until you d/c or a teammate purposefully gets in the way and blocks your way, downing you. It isn't in reference to that.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:

I will most likely dont play killer for an even longer time, I already started by switching to monster hunter and only doing some daily quest.

Playing killer is frustrating enough alredy, built in kindred is just ridiculous, every game like a SWF

• Master
    Options

@JoannaVO said:
    But how can you say that before the new chapter even has been released. Maybe it will be a killer that is actually balanced with it's perks and abilities. Need to give it a chance atleast

Sure, nice joke, better stop dreaming and face reality

• Master
    Options

@RuneStarr said:
    This wouldn't do anything.
    Anytime a new killer releases, killer lobbies take longer than normal, because even some survivors want to try it out. If anything you're just making it better for people that will continue to play the game since they won't need to wait so long.

Sure a few times, but afterwards the survivors wanna run in circles again.

Feedback is completely ignored in the forums sadly, its only for venting.

In fact a strike or refusing to pay any more money is the only way to get devs attention (or review bomb in survivors case)

• JoannaVO
    Options

@Master said:

@JoannaVO said:

Which reality am I not facing? So you call it completely unrealistic that there might be a small chance that the coming killer has a perk that could turn out to be pretty useful in a chase? That's quite a interesting opinion of you.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    So ask killers to not test out new killer..... eh don't think gonna work.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Master said:

Sure a few times, but afterwards the survivors wanna run in circles again.

Feedback is completely ignored in the forums sadly, its only for venting.

In fact a strike or refusing to pay any more money is the only way to get devs attention (or review bomb in survivors case)

Ok just stop, you're embarrassing yourself here with all this strike nonsense. You're pretty much the only one that keeps bringing this up. The constant insults directed at survivors when it was review bombed for 2 days mostly because a jerk streamer said to.

Do you realize how bad that looks when most killers don't care about the strike nor will they ever join you. With region lock gone now your strike threats have lost all their steam. Now do you seriously think the entire community of players or the vast majority are going to stop playing and oru buying stuff?

If you do then I've got some prime beach property on Venus to sell you cheap, it even has a great view of outer space and no one lives there. Have you ever considered that the problem you have isn't that they ignore feedback it's that they don't respond to every one of the rant threads.

Just because you give feedback doesn't mean it's god feedback or that your ideas are feasible anymore than mine or anyone else's. I look at your posts and those of some others like a certain few survivors on here and see the same thing.

Those with attitudes that they know best and anyone that disagrees with them is wrong or a heretic killer/survivor main.I see the same attitudes that've been in every community as long as they've existed. You want changes now that you like, if you don't like them it's wrong or that the devs don't care and they're money grubbers.

Continued in below post

• powerbats
    Options

So here's some stats from Steams store page.

Total reviews as of this writing: 144,753

Total positive reviews: 109,223

Total negative reviews: 35,530

**To break that down the reveiw bombing total when it started was **:

July 25th when it started: 448

July 26th: 217

After that it started going back to normal reviews.

To further break it down a lot of bad reviews were for people complaining about the overall patch changes.

The overall exhaustion nerfs when they agreed with SB nerfs.

The players unable to join due to server issues.

There were several complaints about not having dedicated servers.

There were complaints from killers that the enrfs didn't go far enough. (amazing how it was review bombed by both sides but you all complain it was survivors only.)

There's complaints from both sides about the community being toxic.

There's complaints about the report system from both sides.

There's complaints about hackers from both sides.

Now if you look at the reviews from both sides some of them bashing the game have 0.2 hours of playtime while others have lots.

So there's a 3-1 ratio of good reviews to bad reviews and if you take out the bad reviews because the game doesn't have dedicated servers. The report system isn't working right now, the hackers etc, well then actual bad reviews like the review bombing become a lot rarer.

But go ahead and stop playing along with the few others, the game will be just fine since there'll be plenty of people to take over. Those who truly care for the community won't try and destroy it from within unlike those that seem intent on doing so.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Mister_Holdout said:
    I doubt anyone will ever be able to convince 70% of the killers to go on strike.

Just ain't gonna happen.

I'm already on a strike. I'm not playing this game until I see some actual improvements. I've been a killer main since before Nurse came out and I'm finally telling the devs to ######### off with their bs. It feels really good too.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

THE KILLERS JUST GOT BIG BUFFS i cant flashlight save anymore unless the killer is smart and puts his head into a wall or scares me away by hitting me. and also if your STILL complaining about survivors body blocking it is something THEY PUT INTO THE GAME ON PURPOSE have you heard of Were Gonna Live Forever it gives us points if we get hit by the killer when he is carrying a survivor.

Could you elaborate on that "big buffs" killers just got?
    As far as i know, survivors just got some minor nerfs that only affect a tiny amount of survivors.
    Or are you refering to the pickup speed increase. WoooW big buff! Flashlight saves still work btw.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

Just ain't gonna happen.

I'm already on a strike. I'm not playing this game until I see some actual improvements. I've been a killer main since before Nurse came out and I'm finally telling the devs to [BAD WORD] off with their bs. It feels really good too.

I wouldn't mind going on strike too but I doubt it will avail anything.

• Master
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

@Master said:

@JoannaVO said:

Which reality am I not facing? So you call it completely unrealistic that there might be a small chance that the coming killer has a perk that could turn out to be pretty useful in a chase? That's quite a interesting opinion of you.

Honestly yes, maybe BHVR can still surprise me, but ive been a long time around and the chances are too low to respect them

• Master
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

Just ain't gonna happen.

I'm already on a strike. I'm not playing this game until I see some actual improvements. I've been a killer main since before Nurse came out and I'm finally telling the devs to [BAD WORD] off with their bs. It feels really good too.

+1
    Even though monster hunter world has a lot of problems when it comes to multiplayer, the game itself is awesome and actually balanced and DBD has some multuiplayer issues too.... :wink:

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

killers got big buffs it says...

• Master
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

killers got big buffs it says...

Just ignore it 
  • DarkGGhost
    Options

the idea is to not give devs the real stats so the next killer will not be nerf ( and maybe get a buff).

• DarkGGhost
    Options

the idea is to not give devs the real stats so the next killer will not be nerf ( and maybe get a buff).

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    minsc said:
    Thought the same thing once upon a time. It's a poorly defined description. The devs cleared up body blocking was fine so long as it's for killing and not taking the game hostage. Blocking the basement to kill people is fine, blocking the basement to be a dick and just keep survivors in there is not. Survivors blocking hooks is acceptable because killers have recourse i.e. hitting them.
  • minsc
    Options
    Esheon said:
    minsc said:
    The official position is that survivors bodyblocking a killer while they are carrying someone to the hook or chasing another survivor is fine, because the killer can hit you to make you move.

Whether you are playing killer or survivor, bodyblocking a survivor into a position they cannot escape and holding them there without recourse is reportable. Since they have no way of forcing you to move, you are holding them hostage.

A killer can bodyblock a survivor for a short time, say long enough for BT to run out or to charge a chainsaw. However, trapping a survivor in the basement and refusing to kill them is reportable.The problemer with this is as the nightmare you cannot hit them when they're blocking you from hooking people that's what I'm talking about
  • DarkGGhost
    Options

• minsc
    Options
    Esheon said:
    minsc said:

A killer can bodyblock a survivor for a short time, say long enough for BT to run out or to charge a chainsaw. However, trapping a survivor in the basement and refusing to kill them is reportable.The problem with this is as the nightmare you cannot hit them when they're blocking you from hooking people that's what I'm talking about
  • DarkGGhost
    Options

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@JoannaVO like what use the old bloodlust faster ?

• DarkGGhost
    Options

the idea is to not give devs the real stats so the next killer will not be nerf ( and maybe get a buff), and forst surrs to play killer in mid to hight ranks.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

You sound like you still go to the elementary school.

• powerbats
    Options

@RSB said:

Now now be nice after all some are probably typing way to fast, well that or something else.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

Now now be nice after all some are probably typing way to fast, well that or something else.

I saw that person 's posts and no offense but im pretty sure thats his/her's common way to type. Unless he is in a moving car with a phone driving said car tho. But who knows?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@minsc said:
    Esheon said:

minsc said:

A killer can bodyblock a survivor for a short time, say long enough for BT to run out or to charge a chainsaw. However, trapping a survivor in the basement and refusing to kill them is reportable.The problemer with this is as the nightmare you cannot hit them when they're blocking you from hooking people that's what I'm talking about

The Nightmare doesn´t need to hit survivors which are body blocking the hook. When they are awake, he can run past them. When they are asleep, he can hit them.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232
    Options

I am coming back to try new killer and test the buffs on hag and trapper, also knowing the devs will actively ban people who bully and harass twisted my arm.