Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors who play with lower ranks

Like rank 8s playing with a rank 20 to get newbie killers. Can anything be done about that? It's hard to get better at killer when all you face is people who think they're good at the game 'cause they bully newbies. I'd honestly be okay if they didn't round it up. Go by the highest rank 'cause they shouldn't expect an easier match when playing with newbie friends. Js.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Don´t expect anything soon. Devs justified several killer nerfs with "it´s not fun for survivors" while i´m still waiting for a "it´s not fun for killers" comment other than "just play survivor or civ" from a dev.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Tsulan said:
    Don´t expect anything soon. Devs justified several killer nerfs with "it´s not fun for survivors" while i´m still waiting for a "it´s not fun for killers" comment other than "just play survivor or civ" from a dev.

Yeah, I know, but I can still hope they may see the thread and consider it. Not only is averaging out the levels like that not fair to newbies, but it's also not fair to higher ranks, too. A rank 1 shouldn't get into a match with a lower rank because their friends with a lower rank. A survivor shouldn't be able to get an easy path to rank 1 because they're playing with newbie friends and getting a killer that is easier for them to face.

I think it would be fair to have the killer's rank match the highest rank if someone is within a swf.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Yeah, whenever I hear about these things it does bother me.

Sometimes I feel tempted to derank my Nurse to rank 20.

Then if I come across these survivors I can totally trash them.

I'll go easy on the real rank 20s by letting them get enough points to pip.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@fluffybunny said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah, I know, but I can still hope they may see the thread and consider it. Not only is averaging out the levels like that not fair to newbies, but it's also not fair to higher ranks, too. A rank 1 shouldn't get into a match with a lower rank because their friends with a lower rank. A survivor shouldn't be able to get an easy path to rank 1 because they're playing with newbie friends and getting a killer that is easier for them to face.

I think it would be fair to have the killer's rank match the highest rank if someone is within a swf.

SWF is unbalanced in every regard. Devs try to balance it by making solo survivors as powerful as SWF teams.
    You can hope that they eventually change the matchmaking parameters. But i wouldn´t be to optimistic about it.

• fluffybunny

I've heard people say that it would be too hard for the newer player in the group if the ranking went by the highest rank, but that's to be expected. If it's truly an issue, show them how to play first or wait for them to get to your rank skill-wise. They could play solo ques or play with friends who are newbies like them. This would be to help curve some abuse killers experience and I think that's more important than someone in a swf group finding the match easy enough.

• fluffybunny

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Yeah, whenever I hear about these things it does bother me.

Sometimes I feel tempted to derank my Nurse to rank 20.

Then if I come across these survivors I can totally trash them.

I'll go easy on the real rank 20s by letting them get enough points to pip.

When I was first starting out as survivor, the killers I ran into who weren't at my skill level was very nice and fair. It's like the complete opposite with killer.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@fluffybunny said:
    Like rank 8s playing with a rank 20 to get newbie killers. Can anything be done about that? It's hard to get better at killer when all you face is people who think they're good at the game 'cause they bully newbies. I'd honestly be okay if they didn't round it up. Go by the highest rank 'cause they shouldn't expect an easier match when playing with newbie friends. Js.

Any other competitive game restricticts the elo area players can play with for obvious elo boosting reasons.
    But then DBD can hardly be called competitive, rank doesnt mean anything, DCs not punished etcetc

Also teh fact that the eloboosting SWF can face a low rnak killer is just ridiculous. I still remember the game where I faced 3 rank 1s and a rank 20 and I was at rank 18 (quite some time ago), after that game I started actually learning the game and realizing how bad balance actually is :lol:

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

It's a fairly simple fix, if they even do it correctly. Make the highest ranked person be the one that matchmaking uses. That way if a rank 8 queues with a rank 20, they face rank 8's. Then again, we've seen rank 1 survivors go up against a rank 20 with barely anything and vice versa. So they'd have to fix their ######### matchmaking first.

• SNTD
    SNTD Member Posts: 84

nope.
    and it ######### sucks

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

I'll admit I play with friends and many of them are lower rank than me. If I team with them I generally avoid doing things like bodyblocking or flashlights if I get the sense that the killer is mis-matched.

I would suggest what Shadowsfall42 said as a result and balance the ranking around the highest ranked survivor.

That would just let the level 20's survivors know they're getting into and signing up for it as opposed to a killer getting put against people they shouldn't be.

It's just more fair to the killer in my opinion. :P

• fluffybunny

@Plippy said:
    I'll admit I play with friends and many of them are lower rank than me. If I team with them I generally avoid doing things like bodyblocking or flashlights if I get the sense that the killer is mis-matched.

I would suggest what Shadowsfall42 said as a result and balance the ranking around the highest ranked survivor.

That would just let the level 20's survivors know they're getting into and signing up for it as opposed to a killer getting put against people they shouldn't be.

Yeah, I was saying that, too. That way higher ranks can't pair up with newbies to bully lower ranks.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Plippy said:

Yeah, I was saying that, too. That way higher ranks can't pair up with newbies to bully lower ranks.

If we can make bullying harder and harder, who knows, maybe the toxic folk will finally leave.
  • jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

I'd be ok taking on a few high ranked survivors thinking they're getting a newbie rank 19-20 killer....if I could get anyone in my damn lobby in less than 15-20 minutes.

• fluffybunny

@Peasant said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Plippy said:

If we can make bullying harder and harder, who knows, maybe the toxic folk will finally leave.

We could only hope.