Freddy Buff is NOW! a main priority

Options
2»

Comments

• Ash
    Ash Member Posts: 15
    Options

2 is totally broken but tbh I’m a survivor main and I can’t help but notice that Freddy can’t seem to catch a break from trolling survivors that are way out of his skill set, if they want to buff him to make him better they should at least remove his huge lunge then.

The devs said themselves all lunges are the same due to a character being smaller and if the wasn't true and he did have a lunge wouldn't it be because he has the smallest weapon in the game with the doctor having the biggest with a long baton
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I disagree with most of what is suggested here. If I could pick one and only one buff for Freddy, it would be enhancing his vision. He's practically unable to see beyond 15-20 meters, and if survs got the funny idea to thicken the Mist, he is pretty much completely effin blind.
    He's never gonna be a top tier killer nor do I think he should be, but he offers a very unique game style, much different from other killers. I relish the diversity of DbD; it would be nice to make him at least somewhat viable.

EDIT: I just found a suggestion which would be sweet too: INCREASE skill check success zones greatly (an effect possibly modifiable with addons). That would be a necessary but not unbalancing change - survivors would still have a chance to wake up on their own, but not "for free".
    Post edited by George_Soros on
  • Tiktai
    Tiktai Member Posts: 8
    Options
    I think a small Freddy buff that could help is like how shock works for doctor, not the AOE part but the action interrupting part. Shorten transition time but add a delay till sleep has an effect so that you have to skillfully time a sleep to interrupt a survivor action while still instigating a transition into sleep.
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

I've always liked the idea of making it so that the lullaby itself is what pulls you into the dreamworld. So essentially if you're within his terror radius for more than 5 seconds, you get pulled in. They'd then need to do something else for his M2 ability, however.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

They said all the buffs he needs is too big for one update :/so it probably isnt happening soon and if it did survivors are just gonna review bomb the game and harass the devs again so well.....it will never happen :)

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Global said:

They said all the buffs he needs is too big for one update :/so it probably isnt happening soon and if it did survivors are just gonna review bomb the game and harass the devs again so well.....it will never happen :)

Such is the nature of the community. The community can be almost as bloodthirsty as the in-game killers. I feel sorry for the Devs though. They receive backlash for almost anything that can be seen as a nerf or something negative. Instead of learning how to counteract a Killer's strengths some survivors just expect to use DS and a flashlight as a way to carry them to victory.
  • kiroblaka
    kiroblaka Member Posts: 9
    Options

yall preaching to the choir'

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@George_Soros said:
    I disagree with most of what is suggested here. If I could pick one and only one buff for Freddy, it would be enhancing his vision. He's practically unable to see beyond 15-20 meters, and if survs got the funny idea to thicken the Mist, he is pretty much completely effin blind.
    He's never gonna be a top tier killer nor do I think he should be, but he offers a very unique game style, much different from other killers. I relish the diversity of DbD; it would be nice to make him at least somewhat viable.

EDIT: I just found a suggestion which would be sweet too: INCREASE skill check success zones greatly (an effect possibly modifiable with addons). That would be a necessary but not unbalancing change - survivors would still have a chance to wake up on their own, but not "for free".

What would increased skill check success zones change? Survivors spam space in order to wake up.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@Master said:

@mintchapstick said:

@Master said:

@mintchapstick said:
    Given that he's invisible, #2 would be pretty OP.

Not really, you can hear him
    Even if both #1 and #2 got implemented, he would still be way below nurse level. He would leave the trash-tier and become a mediocre killer next to the other ones waiting for a buff

Yeah, in theory. Except we all know that his sound isn't bidirectional.

And? When you hear the sound you know that he is close, if you stay at the gen and pwoer through, then thats your fault lol
    The game wasnt designed taht survivors stay at gens till the last second just to sprint burst away

Just because you say so.
    That is actually one of the purposes of sprint burst lmao. Also, how many times have we seen survivors from movies escaping at the very last second? What you said is something that you totally made up.

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125
    Options

I think that number 2 should be available only during the transition period. Meaning that Freddie at least has to start the sleep process before he can grab someone. No sneak around the corner invisible and just pull off. It only changes things by an few moments but it gives the survivor the chance to move.

Self-care or any healing should not be able to wake up a survivor. That should be kept to Gen popping and having a teammate wake you up. That would help a ton.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@OakLestat said:
    I think that number 2 should be available only during the transition period. Meaning that Freddie at least has to start the sleep process before he can grab someone. No sneak around the corner invisible and just pull off. It only changes things by an few moments but it gives the survivor the chance to move.

Self-care or any healing should not be able to wake up a survivor. That should be kept to Gen popping and having a teammate wake you up. That would help a ton.

As someone has said before, in Freddy's movies survivors were able to wake up by injuring themselves. Since failing a skill check "injures" you, that makes sense.

• davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    Options
    I don't want a stronger Freddy. He is fine the way he is. He is literally invisible. Shut up
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Global said:

Where did they say that? When they showcased the Wraith buffs all they said is that the buffs for Freddy would be too big for the current video.

Stop making ######### up.

lol stop being so offended and what i didnt make up is that its not happening survivors wont allow for a buff for freddy that will get him out of low tier deal with it. Survivors control the matches and what happens to the game something i have come to accept.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@George_Soros said:

What would increased skill check success zones change? Survivors spam space in order to wake up.

Word, only reducing the chances of it popping up helps. The size of it doesn't matter.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

@GT_Legend2 said:
    I had a thought a while ago that everyone begins the trial in the dream world. Freddie can see their auras and they will rush to miss a skill check. This gives Freddy so much information and potentially a great start while still allowing people to have that little bit of time to escape when retransissioning into the dream world. Just a thought, I’m sure adjustments are to be made.

This sounds like a fantastic ultra rare add on forget the black box trash this is a good idea. But lets go a step further make it so survivors fall asleep every minute or whatever time frame sounds more balanced.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Zarathos said:

@GT_Legend2 said:
    I had a thought a while ago that everyone begins the trial in the dream world. Freddie can see their auras and they will rush to miss a skill check. This gives Freddy so much information and potentially a great start while still allowing people to have that little bit of time to escape when retransissioning into the dream world. Just a thought, I’m sure adjustments are to be made.

This sounds like a fantastic ultra rare add on forget the black box trash this is a good idea. But lets go a step further make it so survivors fall asleep every minute or whatever time frame sounds more balanced.

Black box is for finding obsession, the black box in the movie was pics of his obsession so it makes sense lore wise for it to be obsession only. If everyone is asleep, you can't differentiate obsession from non onsession so easily, classphoto goes hand in hand with blackbox to make it easier to find eveyone.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    What if his lullaby tr was the sleep mechanic while his power actually afflicted you with nightmares. For example 
    Lullaby tr=  a Survivor entering his Terror radius would slowly come under the effects of sleep. The closer a Survivor gets to the killer the faster drowsiness would set in. Hence a Survivor on the Outer Edge would take longer than someone who is face-to-face with the killer.

As for Freddy's nightmare power something along the lines but doctors comes to mind. While a Survivor is asleep and hit with the nightmare copper they begin to suffer nightmarish Visions such as false aura: teammates getting downed, people being placed on hooks teammate bar indicating damage to others, false failures on gens.

I think these types of changes would help the killer in the sense that the Survivor is now confused they don't know where is safe to go or if they need to go and provide Aid giving the killer a few more moments to search the map for next victim or catch up the one they're tracking.
    As for the Survivor perspective I think no real Edge is lost on their part they're still required to play around the sleep affect as they normally would now just being more mindful of the terror radius. As for the nightmare effect: survivors are not impeded directly only sensory information is confused , forcing the Survivor to decide if the Killer is still chasing or did they break it off and actually go for a teammate.
  • Piekenier
    Piekenier Member Posts: 17
    Options

Personally I feel getting pulled into the Dreamworld isn't punishing enough. Currently Survivors don't care that much about it but it should be a really negative thing. My suggestion would be to make it harder and harder to escape the Dream World the more you are pulled into it. It fits the movie as characters try to prevent sleep and end up having to sleep for longer and longer.

The first and second time you enter the Dream World it stays as it is now.

The third and fourth time other Survivors will not be able to wake you up anymore.

The fifth time you can't be woken up by failed skill checks. You are stuck in his Dreamworld.

• Piekenier
    Piekenier Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2018
    Options

Accidental double post, please remove this.

Post edited by Piekenier on
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@George_Soros said:

If the success zone were 10% or less of the whole circle, it would be hard NOT to hit it, making it harder to fail and wake up. Although then the automatic failure for just stopping repairing would have to be removed for sleeping survivors.
    Just an idea though. There might be better ways. I still think the best that could happen to Freddy is a clearer vision.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@davidps4DBD said:
    I don't want a stronger Freddy. He is fine the way he is. He is literally invisible. Shut up

being the worst killer in the game isn't "fine the way he is"

• PleaseBuffFreddy
    PleaseBuffFreddy Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Ash said:
    It's been 6 month since Freddy got shafted by the Devs but here of a few reasonable buffs or reworks that seem would work and been very popular amongst the community and forums:

Here of the 2 that 100% Must happen in the next patch. 

1. No Interactions are allowed during the 7 seconds dream transition Only Pallets And Vaults are ALLOWED!

2. Freddy can pull survivors off any sort of interactions when NOT in dream world ex. Gens, totems, Exit gates, Instant Save Unhook (Only lockers are available to do so at the moment)

What more do you think should happen to freddy? Comment Below.

We need the Devs to see this and mention something in the Q&A stream next week

Freddy and his power should be the strongest in the game his power is iconic and shouldn't be shafted the way it is in DBD. BUFF Freddy 
    They should buff him like this:
    1 After a survivor is hooked every other survivor is placed instantly on dream state

2 Have a pink add-on where you can't wake up from failed skillchecks or after some time his power gets stronger, for example: 2nd time asleep is harder for skillchecks to appear, 3rd time it takes 12 seconds to be awaken by survivors and 4th time and beyond you cant wake up without a survivor waking you up.

3 while survivors are in the transition of falling asleep they can't interact with pallets or windows

4 buff the numbers on fire up, make it so that blood warden doesnt need a survivor hooked to activate and make remember me be affected by the obssession

5 while he is chasing a survivor (when the survivor is asleep) make bloodlust activate quicker

6 make freddy see asleep survivors at all times

OP? Maybe
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Undo his nerfs. :O all of a sudden he's second best killer in the game again.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Poweas said:

Except even pre-nerf Freddy was trash.

• Poweas
    Options

@Acromio said:

@Poweas said:

Obviously you didn't play survivor back then. He was amazing. He had a lot of mindgame potential with that small terror radius and if u messed up on a loop just a tiny bit, he could hit u with that massive lunge. He was awesome. He didnt get nerfed to the ground for no reason you know.

• Poweas
    Options

@davidps4DBD said:

Guys we've found the rank 20 survivor main.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

@Poweas said:

@Acromio said:

@Poweas said:

Obviously you didn't play survivor back then. He was amazing. He had a lot of mindgame potential with that small terror radius and if u messed up on a loop just a tiny bit, he could hit u with that massive lunge. He was awesome. He didnt get nerfed to the ground for no reason you know.

He was never strong to begin with, he is a noob stomper, countering him require to know him.

He was nerfed because the NEW PLAYER (that the free weekend that accompanied freddy release) had no knowledge about him and on how to play the game in the first place, they review bombed the game.
    If you look at the review from back then the vast majority of negative review related to freddy where made by people that don't own the game and/or have less than 10 hour of experience

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    Sharp Hand Joe +Fire Up is already OP tho

/s
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Given that he's invisible, #2 would be pretty OP.

Not really given that he has a lullaby that's like 48meters the survivor has plenty of notice to get of the gen or off the totem soo
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Freddy does need a complete rework... hes pretty much a God in the movies and they made him a chump.. a trapless trapper that has to wait 7sec on average to be able to even hit a survivor... bhvr is way better then this 
  • Poweas
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Poweas said:

@Acromio said:

@Poweas said:

He was never strong to begin with, he is a noob stomper, countering him require to know him.

He was nerfed because the NEW PLAYER (that the free weekend that accompanied freddy release) had no knowledge about him and on how to play the game in the first place, they review bombed the game.
    If you look at the review from back then the vast majority of negative review related to freddy where made by people that don't own the game and/or have less than 10 hour of experience

Ohhhhhh that makes sense I was a new player back then lol

• RabidWabbitz
    RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93
    Options

@StalwartXX said:
    I like playing as Freddy but usually do poorly, largely due to the dream transition. If someone on a hook after gates are open then you can be guaranteed they'll escape if unhooked and you'll struggle to get them in the dream world and downed before they make it to the exit. And never even mind trying to stop someone unhook, work on a generator etc. The transition needs to be much shorter.

Or maybe have the dream transition work as an AoE around Freddy so when he's within a certain distance (his terror radius say) you fall into the dream world after a few seconds. Even keep the same effect of flashes of Freddy being visible during the transition. It would allow Freddy that little bit of extra pressure as rather than having to individually target survivors then wait for them to transition, once within his terror radius hes having an effect on them while approaching and would stop the free gens and saves etc. Yes, certain perk combos could be used to make his terror radius a lot bigger, but give him a smaller terror radius like the Hag so it doesn't get too out of hand. Remove the ability to wake yourself up with self care but make it so that when hit by Freddy, the survivor 'wakes up' and the dream transition begins again before he can get another hit. Also keep the ability to see survivors in the dream world outside terror radius but I think this would be a good way to alter the transition specifically.

It would stay canon too as through the films, characters don't realise they've fallen asleep. They'll be awake and in the middle of doing something only to suddenly be in the dream world doing the same thing. I think having the dreamworld transition as an AoE of his terror radius would be great. Flashes of Freddy and his laugh playing periodically as the transition effect occurs as he gets closer and closer, the lullaby getting louder. Then suddenly you're in the dream world, still working on a gen or whatever but without being stopped.

It would also free up his power to allow for something else, maybe the ability to alter the dream world version of the map. Maybe add in fake pallets, some gens that aren't actually gens, have fake survivors walking around randomly in the distant mist that fade as they get nearer, general mind game bullshittery. He could keep the same targetter as his current power, but it can only hit transitioned survivors and then after a few seconds things start getting weird for them in the dream world.

Just an idea for Freddy :chuffed:

this is actually a great idea to have a AOE of sleep around Freddy. I like that!

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

i will say this
    1.- its a good idea
    2.- not happening reason its that hes in the dream world and it shouldnt be that way since the survivors cannot see him its a huge favor for him and unfair for survivors

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    edited January 2019
    Options

Just make him freddy thats all i want. <3 If that isn't done well and remains sandman killer gonna expect fedora doctor as compensation and maybe fedora hag. That way i can do freddy things with there powers.
    Edit: Also if anyone thinks number changes are only thing coming to freddy please watch dev streams and listen to not queen investigate what there doing with prototype. The work going into it is like the same work for a new killer. Forget about whats on freddy now cause changing numbers only leads to nerf and buff tug o war. We need dynamic changes and simple things ain't gonna cut it. Only time numbers have worked was on hag but that was because fast trap setting should of always been in her kit. Freddy needs to play like freddy first cause you sicken the fans of him. Freddy doesn't play like a toddler killer by chasing only. He messes with you and enjoys himself during the engagement. The fact he can't do that is an insult to his legacy. Micheal is stalking, pig is cheating, Leatherface is going wild and freddy needs to be messing with people. Freddy is trying to make fall asleep in this game. That sounds more like the sandman then freddy.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@George_Soros said:

Or just don't do anything and it'll go at the end of the circle.