Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Tsulan said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Tsulan said:

@brokedownpalace said:
    Sally55 said:

This killer better not get nerfed straight out the gate like Freddy......

Nice bait, troll.

Why bait or troll?
    That´s a reasonable question.
    Freddy WAS nerfed 1 week after release.

Not exactly relevant though seeing as multiple times the Devs have said that what they did was a mistake and we have also had 2 Killers since Freddy and neither got drastically nerfed. In fact the Clown was buFFed a little before his release. So I think it's clear they aren't dumb enough to make such a stupid move like that again.

You mean like instantly giving survivors a huge buff after they got review bombed for the minor survivor nerf?

With things that had been talked about before the review bombing started.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I'm hoping the next killer is a Geisha like Okiku.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

looks like a traditional Japanese house

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:
    You mean like instantly giving survivors a huge buff after they got review bombed for the minor survivor nerf?

Define 'huge'.

Inbuild Kindred for every survivor isn´t huge?
    If that wallhack isn´t huge, then i don´t know what would be. Maybe start the game with open gates...

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Tsulan said:

Which might not even be in the game.

But sure lets clutch our pearls before the PTB goes live.

• Tsulan

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Tsulan said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Tsulan said:

@brokedownpalace said:
    Sally55 said:

Nice bait, troll.

Why bait or troll?

Not exactly relevant though seeing as multiple times the Devs have said that what they did was a mistake and we have also had 2 Killers since Freddy and neither got drastically nerfed. In fact the Clown was buFFed a little before his release. So I think it's clear they aren't dumb enough to make such a stupid move like that again.

With things that had been talked about before the review bombing started.

Ohh like when they talk about almost everything from buffing this to looking into that, but never go into details?

• Tsulan

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:

You are totally right!
    Even IF it gets into the PTB, there is no guarantee that it gets implemented.
    Like the hatch rework. Which worked well, but survivors didn´t seem to like the idea to finish a gen in order to reopen the hatch.
    I have no doubt tho, that the overwhelming majority of the playerbase will like inbuild Kindred. Just 1/5th of the playerbase won´t like it.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Tsulan said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:

You are totally right!
    Like the hatch rework. Which worked well, but survivors didn´t seem to like the idea to finish a gen in order to reopen the hatch.
    I have no doubt tho, that the overwhelming majority of the playerbase will like inbuild Kindred. Just 1/5th of the playerbase won´t like it.

New hatch mechanic was garbage tbh. Might as well just remove the hatch and kill the last remaining survivor instantly.

Killers also complained about new hatch mechanic because the last survivor was just sitting in the map while doing nothing. You can't repair a generator while a killer patrols the generators. It is almost impossible.

We need more reasonable solution for both sides.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    powerbats said:

My guess would be a Geisha since they walk around in those types of footwear. The person in the photo could've even been a Geisha at one point. If she was mutilated then she could no longer be a Geisha.

What if they are adding a killer like the one in the Identity V
  • Tsulan

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:

You are totally right!

New hatch mechanic was garbage tbh. Might as well just remove the hatch and kill the last remaining survivor instantly.

Killers also complained about new hatch mechanic because the last survivor was just sitting in the map while doing nothing. You can't repair a generator while a killer patrols the generators. It is almost impossible.

Bullshit. Of course a solo survivor can repair gens while the killer patrols. Having Left Behind makes it easier. But it´s not impossible.
    But i agree on the complete hatch removal. Since it rewards the losing side with a free escape. And even hurts the team once 2 survivors are left. Because both search for the hatch instead of doing gens.

• Tsulan

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:

You are totally right!

Bullshit. Of course a solo survivor can repair gens while the killer patrols. Having Left Behind makes it easier. But it´s not impossible.
    But i agree on the complete hatch removal. Since it rewards the losing side with a free escape. And even hurts the team once 2 survivors are left. Because both search for the hatch instead of doing gens.

Bullshit? 70-90 seconds for fixing a generator while killer has nothing to do but search for the last survivor is reasonable? Come on you are better than this.

I did 3 gens solo and got caught on the fourth. I had Left Behind equipped. Was THE most intense match i ever had.

Something more reasonable huh?
    How about the gen regress stops once there is only 1 survivor left. Kicking would do nothing. Survivor can repair the gen for some seconds, then hide again. This would give Left Behind a huge boost and allow for a different meta. Stealth would be more viable. Instead of loop builds.

But the hatch we have right now? Punishes the killer for doing well.
    While there is no such mechanic where the survivors get punished for doing well.

• Tsulan

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:

You are totally right!

Bullshit? 70-90 seconds for fixing a generator while killer has nothing to do but search for the last survivor is reasonable? Come on you are better than this.

I did 3 gens solo and got caught on the fourth. I had Left Behind equipped. Was THE most intense match i ever had.

How about the gen regress stops once there is only 1 survivor left. Kicking would do nothing. Survivor can repair the gen for some seconds, then hide again. This would give Left Behind a huge boost and allow for a different meta. Stealth would be more viable. Instead of loop builds.

While there is no such mechanic where the survivors get punished for doing well.

Yeah we can finish the generator so that the killer can basically close the hatch within 2 seconds. Another minute to go only to see the killer closing the hatch once again. It is just like saying that the killer should leave the looper and go and find another survivor just so that he can get looped again. It was broken and I wouldn't close the hatch even if it was implemented. What if the survivor just goes and hides? Spending 30 minutes searching for the last survivor?

My proposal removes the hatch.
    Gen regress stops once there is only 1 survivor left. Kicking would do nothing.
    Timer appears for the survivor. Timer has 5 minutes. Timer stops when survivor is being chased, in the terror radius or when he repairs a gen.
    After the time runs out, the killer gets a notification every 60 seconds which is similar to the doctors scream. Calm Spirit reduces the distance of the scream.

This gives both sides the oportunity to still win, but doesnt hand out free wins for the losing side.

• CL4P_TRAP_ER
    CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

Let me copy what i wrote on the other thread.

Kuchisake-onna

Its based on some japanese folklore about a ghoulish woman who was mutilated by her husband with a glasgow smile who now randomly approaches victims and asks them if shes pretty, if they say yes she will give them a similar scar, if they say no she will kill them with sharp weapons.

She hides her scars and distorted mouth using a surgical mask. Feng has a cosmetic with a surgical mask and Trappers smile on it (I know shes chinese but still the only female asian in the game).

This makes sense! I was wondering about the mask and this has got to be the reason... Hope that it's the killer! 

The thing is that in the video, the killer has heavy footsteps. They sound like boots or business shoes. So I don't think the killer is female. The women in the picture must be someone from his past/lore. However, after watching the Instagram video frame by frame, you can see a phantom like arm for a split second. So there's still a possibility that it might be her.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:

You are totally right!

Yeah we can finish the generator so that the killer can basically close the hatch within 2 seconds. Another minute to go only to see the killer closing the hatch once again. It is just like saying that the killer should leave the looper and go and find another survivor just so that he can get looped again. It was broken and I wouldn't close the hatch even if it was implemented. What if the survivor just goes and hides? Spending 30 minutes searching for the last survivor?

Timer appears for the survivor. Timer has 5 minutes. Timer stops when survivor is being chased, in the terror radius or when he repairs a gen.
    After the time runs out, the killer gets a notification every 60 seconds which is similar to the doctors scream. Calm Spirit reduces the distance of the scream.

This gives both sides the oportunity to still win, but doesnt hand out free wins for the losing side.

I am not sure about both sides having the opportunity to still win. If the killer is really bad to not find and catch the last survivor for a gen or 2, he could just go and patrol his 3 gen setup. No way to win for the survivor

Hatch is a good mechanic for both sides. It is just not good where it is now. Killers and survivors should have the option to win. We should not favor one side over the other side and find a reasonable solution. Yours doesn't seem to be one.

• Jackard
    Jackard Member Posts: 47

If this teaser is in fact Japanese or Chinese, the configuration of the "scratches" could indicate the number 23 as the number two is identified with two horizontal lines and three is represented by three horizontal lines and would be read top to bottom as such. This might indicate the date of the 23rd for whatever reason pointing to the next breadcrumb, PTB or (less likely) the release date. The only problem is the missing base 10 mark that would denote 23 as apposed to 2 3. However you could possibly use the slats of the door to denote this. Another possible clue to these being numbers is the subtle difference in the lengths of the "scratches" that correlate to the precise way to write the numbers. There might be some significance of the 23 or 2 3 to the survivor/killer that I am unaware of.

People might also be mistaking the sound of footsteps, the sounds might be more along the lines of a daiko drum which is what made me assume that this teaser was Asian in the first place.

• HellDescent

looks like a traditional Japanese house. Ring?

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    pandorayr said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Let me copy what i wrote on the other thread.

Kuchisake-onna

Its based on some japanese folklore about a ghoulish woman who was mutilated by her husband with a glasgow smile who now randomly approaches victims and asks them if shes pretty, if they say yes she will give them a similar scar, if they say no she will kill them with sharp weapons.

She hides her scars and distorted mouth using a surgical mask. Feng has a cosmetic with a surgical mask and Trappers smile on it (I know shes chinese but still the only female asian in the game).

Kuchisake-onna (口裂け女 : woman with her mouth cut)

Could be shadows of that samurai about to cut her face up hmm...
  • RuneStarr
    edited August 2018
    editing out duplicate, thanks spam filter.
    Post edited by RuneStarr on
  • RuneStarr
    edited August 2018
    editing out duplicate, thanks spam filter.
    Post edited by RuneStarr on
  • DaimyoHeligo
    DaimyoHeligo Member Posts: 2

Shredder is that you!?

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Whats interesting is the scratch marks..they go 3 to 2 and possibly 1? Definitely a Japanese classroom, could be a japanese teacher imo. Idk how people hear the grudge crawling lmfao...its definitely heels. Its a japanese teacher walking into the classroom, next teaser will show the evil biaatch entering the room possibly grabbing her weapon or with survivors in detention. Possibly a play on the reverse bear traps but instead playing on detention. They are breaking the full trailer like they did with Kate and the Clown.
  • C4Garuda
    Whats interesting is the scratch marks..they go 3 to 2 and possibly 1? Definitely a Japanese classroom, could be a japanese teacher imo. Idk how people hear the grudge crawling lmfao...its definitely heels. Its a japanese teacher walking into the classroom..next teaser will show the evil bishh entering the room possibly grabbing her weapon or with survivors in detention. Possibly a play on the reverse bear traps but instead playing on detention. They are breaking the full trailer like they did with Kate and the Clown.
  • C4Garuda
    With asia now playing dbd heavily, the japanese teacher would definitely keep the pot stirring and keep them engaged having one of their own as a killer. Id say an asian survivor as well.
  • C4Garuda
    Whats interesting is the scratch marks..they go 3 to 2 and possibly 1? Definitely a Japanese classroom, could be a japanese teacher imo. Idk how people hear the grudge crawling lmfao...its definitely heels. Its a japanese teacher walking into the classroom..next teaser will show the evil bishh entering the room possibly grabbing her weapon or with survivors in detention. Possibly a play on the reverse bear traps but instead playing on detention. They are breaking the full trailer like they did with Kate and the Clown.
  • Kawaii_Hag
    Kawaii_Hag Member Posts: 9

A teacher could have heavy footsteps. And they made a comment about always watching...maybe a dean of some sort? Someone who "disciplines" the students?

But they made a comment about the killer not being in the files yet, and the teacher stuff still is. Unless the comment is a misdirect (they said at one point they would never have a clown killer as well).

• C4Garuda
    With asia now playing dbd heavily, the japanese teacher would definitely keep the pot stirring and keep them engaged having one of their own as a killer. Id say an asian survivor as well.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Omg I'm going to be freaked if it's the grudge!!.. I pray it's not the teacher but it does appear to be quite creepy so I guess either I'll be happy
  • Kawaii_Hag
    Kawaii_Hag Member Posts: 9

A teacher could have heavy footsteps. And they made a comment about always watching...maybe a dean of some sort? Or a principal? Someone who "disciplines" the students?

But they made a comment about the killer not being in the files yet, and the teacher stuff still is. Unless the comment is a misdirect (they said at one point they would never have a clown killer as well).

• Tsulan
    Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Delfador said:

@Tsulan said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:

You are totally right!

I am not sure about both sides having the opportunity to still win. If the killer is really bad to not find and catch the last survivor for a gen or 2, he could just go and patrol his 3 gen setup. No way to win for the survivor

Hatch is a good mechanic for both sides. It is just not good where it is now. Killers and survivors should have the option to win. We should not favor one side over the other side and find a reasonable solution. Yours doesn't seem to be one.

This is getting off topic.

We can continue this somewhere else. With all the pros and cons.

Back to topic.
    Are there no Japanese DbD players around? Someone who knows about Japanese horror stories?
    I remember a Japanese ghost in a classroom in cabin in the woods.
  • Riasama
    Riasama Member Posts: 21

We aren't supposed to get another licensed killer until Spring 2019.

Therefore the killer will be original, keep that in mind

• Riasama

@Tsulan said:

Back to topic.
    Are there no Japanese DbD players around? Someone who knows about Japanese horror stories?
    I remember a Japanese ghost in a classroom in cabin in the woods.

Try google, it might have something interesting

• MojoTheFabulous

@Riasama said:
    We aren't supposed to get another licensed killer until Spring 2019.

Therefore the killer will be original, keep that in mind

Source?

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited August 2018

@Tsulan said:

@brokedownpalace said:
    Sally55 said:

Nice bait, troll.

Why bait or troll?

Don't you know? According to survivors Freddy needs a nerf, because he is OP.

• Riasama

@MojoTheFabulous said:

Source?

One dev stream I saw a while ago I don't remember which one

• MojoTheFabulous

@Riasama said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

Source?

One dev stream I saw a while ago I don't remember which one

Shame. Too lazy to go digging for it myself.

• persephone325
    persephone325 Member Posts: 14

Ooh! Exciting!! I really hope it's something from Asian folklore. They have some of the scariest creatures. ^^

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

The writing on the door is large and gothic style also it appears invisible.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

That's a Japanese sliding door, why on earth would people think it's Wolverine? lul

If it's a Japanese killer good, something in line with Geisha would be nice, good collab with Identity V

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

it also has 2 and 3 in Kanji, meaning we will get updates on the 23th

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

That video they sent if you look closely towards the end you can see what looks like an arm or hand.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Well, there appears to be six scratch marks, separated far enough from one another that it could be some sort of clawed hand. Though I wouldn't know what else it could mean.
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

looked at google images at kuchisake onna and it really looks a lot like her and the picture in the school map of the woman also looks like kuchisake onna. then again looking at the last bit of the video pausing it at the right moment you see something that looks like a pure white arm so it could also be the grudge.

• SaneBlue
    SaneBlue Member Posts: 1
    Okay everyone hears boots but I hear heels clippin' on wood.
  • HellDescent

• HellDescent

• jobasco
    jobasco Member Posts: 32

All these attention to details-- some of y'all may have careers in criminal investigation! LOL

• jobasco
    jobasco Member Posts: 32

All these attention to details-- some of y'all may have careers in criminal investigation! LOL

• Shadow201
    Shadow201 Member Posts: 0
    looks like her