WHY IS SPEEDHACKING EVEN A THING ON THIS GAME?

TheNasky
TheNasky Member Posts: 24
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Hey i just had a guy speedhack on one of my games. i killed 2 survivors, and was reduced to my last 3 gens, they only had to do 1 but i was thinking ahead so the 3 ones i kept were really close together so the last 2 survivors were having a really hard time getting any progress on them, and thats when somehow, one of them started running at the speed of sound. not literally but he was like 2 times faster than me, the killer. it was as if he had both the bonus mspeed from getting hit and sprintboost. thats when the other one dissapeared and he just started running all over the place. he was tapping 3 gens at the sime time, while i was just doing my best to keep them kicked even tho he was way faster than me. after 5 minutes of me protecting them, he just threw the towel and decided to get himself killed. he just walked up to me and let me hit him. once i downed him he started crawling really really fast. but i just let him slug because i heard the other one. (who had vanished 5 minutes ago) anyway these guys were all really bad (even tho this is red ranks) so i killed him pretty quickly, i hooked him, and by the time i came back to the slugged hacker. he was already pretty far. didnt matter, he just let me hook him. after the game finished people in the chat were saying he was hacking and calling reports. and the dude who had dissapeared during the game, said he was recording it.the "hacker" defended himself saying it was a bug with sprint boost and the way i hit him during it. i call bs because he was also crawling fast. but it is true that it can be a BUG. so idk.

im just kinda mad he had me running around in circles for 5 minutes without anything i could do besides waiting for him to give up. but, if it is really a bug then i think is not his fault really.

anyway guys, just sharing my experience.

Comments

• TheNasky

has anyone experienced anything similar?

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

But did the bugged/hacking survivor have fun? That's the most important thing.

• TheNasky

im pretty sure he did at first,since he was running two times faster than me and spamming flashlights as if it was funny. tho he apparently got bored pretty quickly when he realized he couldnt win even with hacks.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

i met many killers with PERMA 130%(or more) MS (even on dedicated servers)

but never played against surv with perma sprint burst

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Even if it was a bug, abusing it for unfair advantage is bannable. In a situation like that, your best bet is to record it and gather proof on his steam profile to report him.

There are hackers in every game and speaking from experience DbD is very good at preventing hacks, so it may actually have been a bug but then again, that also is an offence.

• TheNasky

too sad i dont have any way of recording gameplay since my pc is a potato. and anyway, i forgot to save his profile.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

And what are you supposed to do? Let the killer hook you for free? Don't missunderstand me, I understand your point but we all try to win, if a killer abuses that I was locked in a position without moving. Wouldn't that be bannable as well?

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2020

This is a bug, and I have experienced twice before. Pretty gnarly tbh

• TheNasky

thats why i think bugs shouldnt be punished unless exploited more than once. but tbf, if he knew he had a speed exploit, he should have let me kill him instead of running around in circles for 5 minutes. thats just dumb.

also, i gotta admit, that once i got stuck on a tree as a survivor, and when the killer saw me, he hit me, picked me up, and then allowed me to wiggle for free. so it was really nice of him

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Yes, but not every killer is nice. And the same goes for survivors.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Many killers have exploited the Basement of Permanent Blindness a few weeks ago, knowing that the only way out was a disconnect and guaranteeing a free win for them.

• TheNasky

disconnects dont grant killers free wins. its actually the opposite, disconnects can force the killer to lose. most of the time, if 1 or 2 people disconnect the killer is then forced to waste the other survivors time to FARM THEM just because otherwise he automatically loses. like literally, if you dont farm survivors after people quit. you autolose. wich is absolute bs.

• Holdonholdon
    Holdonholdon Member Posts: 48

I never hacked but it happened to me where I was the survivor. it looks like it glitched out and I was going full speed around the map it was the game. I kept zooming from one end to another, and I didnt want to stop. I thought I wonder if bn I drop down if itll keep going, so I did, I dropped and it stopped. bit it was really fun going that fast. i was literally like a billy zipping through.

• TheNasky

it really surprised me that this guy could also crawl very fast. wich doesnt make any sense.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

If you are bugged as a survivor the killer has nothing to do about that. He can help you but that would cost him precious time, so his and your best best is for him to hook you.

I accept I misjudged the main post. In a case like that the survivor doesnt have many options either and since this one let you kill him, I dont believe he is guilty at all if this was actually a bug. So yeah you are correct about that, sorry.