Listen to what your community is telling you.

I've been with this game since launch and have seen all of the decisions made from the dev team, and BOY did this come out of left field. I don't know what happened after the Stranger Things chapter, but gosh have you guys changed. The Nurse changes were harsh at the least, and despite player feedback you pushed it into live giving her one of, if not the worst pick rates in the game. Now we get a huge nerf to one of the most essential killer perks in the game without fixing the issue that makes it essential. The most requested unfixed change in this games history has been gen speed, and if your not going to fix the issue, then don't remove the only thing that lets the majority of your player base nullify it. And while you constantly tell your community that you aren't survivor biased your dev log sounds like it was written by a rank 15 because the doctor and ruin is "annoying to go against". While I know i'm gonna hear from people saying that killers just need to get good, unfortunately unless you have years of experience in this game like I do it's not easy to consistently do well in red ranks without ruin, give it a try. Listen to your community, you did it with demo making shred break pallets in his base kit, and you ended up with a happy community and a very balanced killer. I really hope this ruin change doesn't go to live as this will not be as easy to brush under the rug as the Nurse nerf. The point of this isn't to shun the devs or start a witch hunt, I just want them to realize how they are coming across to their community, and they need to get their priorities in order. I hope I didn't come across too harsh and I didn't intend to if that's the case, I look forward to hear peoples responses.

tl:dr

I couldn't get my point across in a more condensed manner so please just read it, it will only take a minute.

Comments

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

1. Learn what a paragraph is.

2. The game shouldn't be balanced around 1 perk.

3. First they came for borrowed time,

And I said nothing, for I do not run borrowed time.

Then they came for decisive strike,

And I said nothing, for I do not run decisive strike.

Then they came for balanced landing,

And I said nothing, for I do not run balanced landing.

Then they came for ruin,

And there was no one left to speak for ruin.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

You're comparing apples to oranges here, bud. Those changes were necessary because they were ridiculously op and had no draw back. They were also being abused by swfs to create things infinite loops.

Ruin was never op. It had an easy counter and was one of the only perks that was a band-aid fix for broken gen speeds. Those survivor perks were balanced to improve the games health, while ruin, doctor and other killers have been nerfed just because they were irritating to go up against.

• StevePerryPsychOut

If it was a a survivor nerf, the poem would have reflected it by pointing out killer nerfs. Ironically your second paragraph hit the nail on the head for what I was trying to say. Perks aren't allowed to be strong anymore. All outliers are being nerfed.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Don’t bother anymore, watch this game go downhill by the time the PTB is over.

• Athaya
    Athaya Member Posts: 8

Killers have feelings too.

Why would you want to hurt them so badly devs? Isn't it enough already? Please stop, it is time to STOP!

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

I gotta agree, strong perks are being nerfed for the most part and for good reason but the core issues with the game are being put to the side. That's really what gets killers going about this latest patch is they didn't even bother talking about why this perk was used 80% of the time.

• ElementDoom
    ElementDoom Member Posts: 166

The difference between Ruin being nerfed and Ds, Bt, and Balanced being nerfed is that those three were all balance nightmares that were reworked to be band-aid fixes for game issues (barring balanced). Ruin is already a band-aid for an issue that is about to not have an answer.

• HauntedMandalorian
    HauntedMandalorian Member Posts: 99

If they listened to the community, overall, this game would be a massive wreck.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited January 2020

Well good thing I stopped playing couple weeks ago, with a change like this I don't think I'm coming back anytime soon.

Games ending in 3 to 5 minutes as either side is just not fun. I will be watching for Ruin change to be reverted or gens getting reworked/new objective being added then I might come back.

• StevePerryPsychOut

Their problems are apples yours are oranges, but when you look closer it turns out they're all pears. You can't see the forest from the trees. All of these strong perks, none of them completely prevented the other side from completing their objective, they were just "annoying" and slowed down the other side's objective.

Arbitrary limits you impose on yourself aren't relevant to the question of a perk's potential. If you refuse to remove a bandage and redress a wound, said wound will eventually fester and be much worse for it.

The (current) reason for 2 of those perks are to counter camping, yet the root issue of camping goes unaddressed. The last devs said about it was that it's a legitimate strategy. A close look at the rework of ruin suggests that it was changed to discourage camping. Core issues go unsolved for both sides.

Perhaps from a different perspective the opinions about those perks would be reversed. From where I stand not much difference exists between them. "Crutch" perks that slow down the other side's objective. Comparing ruin to other killer perks it was so strong that 80% of red rank killers ran it. Sounds like a balancing nightmare to me.

Perks aren't allowed to be strong anymore. Everything has to be normalized to near useless so that BHVR has more control over the experience had by all players. If BL must be nerfed than so too must ruin.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

What? You know those perks for survivor are still meta right?

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

they listen to their rank 20 survivor community, all others don't exist to BHVR

• StevePerryPsychOut

You know I'm not on the design team, right? It's not the nerf I would have chosen for ruin, but by the time BL got nerfed killer partisans should have seen the writing on the wall. Nothing is allowed to be strong anymore.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,160
    edited January 2020

But two of the perks you listed are still strong. Balanced Landing might not be strong, but it's still good. It got nerfed because it created god-tier loops on some maps that killers couldn't counter. Many perks that have been nerfed on the survivor side were things killers couldn't counter. Most of those perks are still strong.

Ruin, however, is already easily countered. After this change, it's not only easily countered, it's also gutted and pretty much useless.

So, survivor stuff goes from "uncounterable" to just "strong" (and if multiplied by four, "really strong"). Meanwhile, Ruin is going from "strong" to "useless." The comparison is not equal.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

It really sucks, the amount of "i'm leaving" posts on the forums grows every day due to how unbalanced this game is. Nerfing ruin is taking a huge step back and is only going to make the problem worse.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Oh they do. They do listen. But sometimes they want it to be THIER game. Ya know, the game THEY made?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

At this point, I have no idea whether all this is intentional or not.

Either way, I'm very disappointed in the devs.