The Springtrap: a killer concept

Options
NotGabriel
NotGabriel Member Posts: 30
edited January 2020 in Creations

NOTE: a * indicates a change is at the edit notes at the bottom of the page. I do this to make the post feel more authentic and because I want to be honest with my original work. Concepts are a community effort so I can’t claim all these changes as my own! Make sure you read all the way through the changes and additions. Feel free to give me feedback!

Pain is something sharp, powerful, and dreadful. For most pain is temporary, but for William Afton pain is his eternal punishment. He wanted to die but kept living. He persisted in his new body, determined to find someone. In his last moments whilst caught in a trap designed to burn him for good, he was overtaken by a black smog. This wasn’t smoke from the flames, it was cold and almost paranormal. William found himself whisked away to a new realm. Another seemingly infinite purgatory, but this time he wasn’t the only one trapped in everlasting agony.

Height: Tall

Terror radius: 24 meters

Movement Speed: 115% (Average)*

Power: Fazbear’s Fright*

• The Springtrap can place up to 10 phantom traps on the survivor’s resources.*
  • Generators, Hooks, Pallets, Windows, Chests, Lockers, and Totems can be trapped.
  • The Springtrap cannot interact with objects they’ve trapped, nor can they trap a hooked survivor or regressing generator.
  • If a trapped object is interacted with, a Phantom animatronic will Jumpscare the survivor.
  • The traps cannot be disarmed but can be detected using a map or flashlight, however the Springtrap can never go over ten traps.*
  • Jumpscared Survivors will scream revealing their location, fall to the ground in panic for a few seconds,* and be given the Oblivious Status for 30 seconds (or until injured)
  • What phantom animatronic appears corresponds to the object trapped.
  • Phantom Balloon Boy will jump any survivors interacting with a trapped generator
  • Phantom Foxy will jump any survivors that try to sabotage trapped hooks
  • The Puppet will pop out of any trapped chest that is opened
  • Phantom Chica will scare anyone who vaults a trapped window
  • Phantom Freddy will scare anyone who tries to vault or throw down a trapped pallet.
  • When interacting with a trapped locker or totem, phantom Mangle will jump the survivor. Instead of interrupting them, Phantom Mangle will screech, revealing the survivor’s location while they continue to cleanse/hide.

Secondary Power: Blindspots

• When not in sight of any survivor, the Springtrap can vanish entirely.
  • While vanished the Springtrap gains undetectable, and keeps it for 6 seconds after reappearing.
  • The Springtrap is tremendously faster in this phase, think max speed Spirit.*
  • Has no collision in this phase.
  • Can only reappear when completely out of sight, this mean no survivors screens should be able to see him. He can reappear out of thin air as long as no screen can witness this, and he isn’t too close to any survivors.
  • This ability has a cool down of 60 seconds at base but can be reduced by add ons.*
  • When vanishing a brief camera static effect will flash on the Survivor’s screen, alerting them that the Springtrap has vanished.

Perks:

• Faulty Mechanics: Aged technology has lead to unintentional mishaps. Repair and Sabotage skill checks have a 50% chance to be counter clockwise. Failed skill checks result in a bonus 5/7/10% regression. “So please pay close attention while learning to operate these suits, as accidents/injury/death/irreparable and grotesque maiming can occur” - Phone Guy
  • Never Ending Fear: When hooking a survivor all other survivors hear the killer’s terror radius as if they were right behind them for 20 seconds. This perk has a cool down of 90/60/45 seconds. “It is not your flesh that sustains me, it is your fear!” - The Springtrap
  • Survive the Night: When the Hatch would open or Exit Gates would power, summon the entity to block interaction with them for 30/45/60 seconds. 

The Springtrap’s Mori could start with him bringing the survivor close to his mouth, presenting them with the sight of his gruesome insides, before throwing them into a manifested suit possibly resembling Shadow Bonnie, where they promptly get crushed, stabbed, and overall suffer a great deal. The mori ends with a static cut to the face of the animatronic suit with a dead survivor inside.

Since there next to no significant human characters seen in person in the Fnaf games outside of mini games, I don’t see a need to include a survivor for this chapter.

If the map was just one game location it’d be too small, so maybe make it an almagomation of locations in a very Haddonfield/Badham style, another cool map would be the birthday maze from Fnaf VR: Help Wanted, that is essentially all the locations of games past made in a puzzling mashup.

*EDIT NOTES*

• Phantom traps reduced to 7
  • Phantom traps can now be disabled with a flashlight
  • Blindspots now has a cooldown of 30 seconds and cannot be affected by add ons.
  • the Springtrap now moves at 110% movement speed.
  • Phantom traps will no longer immobilize survivors, instead will do a Hag Phantasm style camera flick.
  • Phantom Trap addition! Only BB (Gens), the Puppet (chests), and Mangle (Lockers and totems) are available base kit. The other animatronics (Freddy, Chica, and Foxy, are available with addons starting from common to rare. Higher rarity increases the amount of time oblivious is applied.
  • While still very nimble in Blindspots, the high speed comparable to Spirit is a little too much.
  • Ultra Rare addons added!
  • Blood-Stained Security Badge: removes the ability to place phantom traps. Grants aura reading to injured survivors while using blindspots. This add on trumps all other add ons.
  • Iridescent Mascot Suit: allows use of all Phantom Trap types.
Post edited by NotGabriel on

Comments

• NotGabriel
    Options

Thanks a lot! I poured my heart into this to try to be as faithful to the series as possible

• Kimura
    Kimura Member Posts: 40
    Options

Yeah, I like the idea but Springtrap's power is way too OP. Being able to completely immobilize a survivor for nothing, especially during a chase would be extremely OP, with no counterplay other than moving to the next pallet/loop, and then Springtrap could just place more phantoms and the cycle continues

• NotGabriel
    Options

Yea the more I thought on it the more the phantom traps seemed way too powerful. I’m thinking of ways to balance it. Thank you for the feedback I wanted to get a response before editing it and making a bad killer concept.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

Sounds like a furry trapper. I really don't see much difference in their powers. Set trap, survivor falls for it and stays incapacitated for a while. The characters would play exactly the same.

His other power is bs broken. It's way too good. Full invisibility and undetectable that lasts for extra 6 seconds? That's a garanteed hit on pretty much anyone. And that's without mentioning the bs speed.

Like the perks. Second one seems pretty pointless but interesting nonetheless.

• NotGabriel
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve already implemented some changes so refresh and tell me what you think. I think it should be noted that the survivors all get a very obvious notification when he’s vanished that can be prepped for. If you know the killer can just show up why keep doing a gen you know?

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

I like The idea overall but I think 110% movement speed is a death sentence especially now since ruin has been redone.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

Did you seriously made in more broken?

"Blindspots now has a cooldown of 30 seconds and cannot be affected by add ons."

Dude... this is like, reverse behaviour.

Also... the trap part is still just trapper with a new paint job. Make the killer unique.

There's no reason for him to be 110%.

Don't give survivors flashlights. That's silly.

• NotGabriel
    Options

maybe you’re right, but I feel as though Blindspots is the bulk of his kit, giving stealth and mobility like no other, which is why chase speed feels fair. It’s why Hag and Spirit move slower because of their high mobility powers, they still ended up being pretty good I’d say. Thank you for the feedback nonetheless!

• NotGabriel
    Options

I’m happy with changes made and will see what others think before making further changes.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    edited January 2020
    Options

i feel like you should change it to where it doesn't give the oblivious effect you could also i think you should reduce the number of faze bear fright traps you could get to like eight or six also you could do a survivor from the book obviously not a child that would just be.

• NotGabriel
    Options

Thank you for the feedback. I feel like oblivious is a worthwhile effect to give as it adds more jumpscare potential to the kit which is what Fnaf is all about. Plus without it all the traps would do is alert the killer and basically be clown but with traps.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

yeah true also i wanted to add that you could have a survivor if you did one of the characters from the book of them once their grown up cause we are obviously not putting a child in the game

• NotGabriel
    Options

I don’t agree. A killer is allowed to be good, and without stealth he wouldn’t represent the games well. And for the record Springtrap is a rotting corpse in a rabbit costume. Thanks for the feedback!

• HexMoriMeMommy
    HexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192
    Options

Actually, I got locked for apparently trying to evade the swear lock by not adding a g to the fbomb and making an abortion joke in regards with how the screwed over legion :)

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited January 2020
    Options

It's okay if you don't want a FNAF chapter, but it's really disrespectful to tell others, "Please stop trying to make this a thing"

People are free to express opinions.

• HexMoriMeMommy
    HexMoriMeMommy Member Posts: 192
    Options

People are free to express their opinions, except people who disagree.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

In my comment, you would've seen that I'm perfectly fine with people disagreeing with OP, but just telling someone to stop suggesting something because they don't like it is just extremely rude.

Here's my comment again, in case you missed some key parts:

• ThatGuyFromThatPlace
    Options

No

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I seriously don't understand the backlash with having a FNAF character in game because they "aren't scary", and yet we have Clown, Legion, Oni, Bubba... actually... none of the killers are actually scary after like a few hours of playing other than Ghostie and Myers since they get jumpscares. The animatronics in Nightmare form might be the scariest looking killers and yet people are opposed to it... because a lot of younger children like it.

Anyways, onto the post:

This is actually really good! There are a few tweaks I would make though.

I think keeping the Fazbear traps available to all that you mentioned would be pretty fair if you reduce the total number of traps that can be placed. 7 sounds fine.

I think that instead of taking away the immobilization, replace it with survivors being Hindered for 3 seconds (or until injured) and lower the Oblivious effect to 20 seconds (or until injured).

Springtrap should start the trial in Blindspot mode without notification to the survivors. He should also be able to place traps in this mode, so maybe he can get some set up for easy hits when he finds his first survivor.

I think the speed in Blindspots should be reduced. Maybe he's like 4.9 m/s instead of max speed Spirit, as that may be a bit too much. Also, I think the Undetectable effect should be cut in half, same as Demo, 3 seconds.

Hmm... interesting proposal I have. Instead of hard-locking Springtrap's Blindspots to 30 seconds, make it 45 seconds, with each trap still in your arsenal reducing 3 seconds. Will all traps still being held, you can get down to 24 seconds of cooldown!

This is a really good concept, and I was excited to see it on the homepage! Keep up the good work!

• NotGabriel
    Options

I’ve decided I like the way the Springtrap functions currently with all changes included, so I won’t make anymore edits to the design. I will be later rewriting this post with all the changes included, as well as crediting the peeps who gave me the great change suggestions! Thank you!

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    edited January 2020
    Options

Even if Leatherface or Legion or whoever else isn't "scary" in the way that "you look at their face and it makes you jump" kind of way, they're still scary in the fact that they're menacing and deadly. Leatherface is literally wearing another person's skin as a mask. To say that's not scary you'd have to be a tough... ya know... Plus he's a classic horror icon so it would make sense for them to want him. It's not like some of the animatronics aren't menacing and deadly, but I'm just saying it's not good to use those characters as examples.

Anyway, that line of sight thing shouldn't even exist. It would make that power even harder to develop, but until they can get Ghostface's peekaboo minigame coded correctly, I couldn't trust them to make that vanishing thing work.

I'm personally not a fan of FNaF though. I think they could make the killer much better in terms of design and much more easily without having to get a license, if they just went ahead and made a similar but original character. As in the way I've heard people call Billy (before Leatherface came out) the game's "version" of Leatherface. They could just make their own robotic fiend.

• NotGabriel
    Options

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, suggestions, and support! I really like these ideas specifically the Blindspots changes, with the exception of holding traps for reduced cooldown. I think that kind of perk would encourage not using the traps at all when I believe they should actively be used.

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    Options

I know this is floating around, but he really has to look like this to fit in DBD. Scott would easily give them license and even a modified model/let them modify or make one.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

As a fan of FNAF, this is amazing! You did a pretty good job with this chapter. There are just 2 things that I would change:

1-Phantom Traps disarm: That should not be possible, since it would ruin the scary aspect of a trial with Springtrap

2-Springtrap's movement speed: He should have a normal movement speed, since Blindspots has a locked cooldown.

But I loved this so much, that I hope it becomes the next chapter for our beloved game. Thanks for making this!

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    Options

He could honestly work and the hate is dying down when he actually has potential now.

• NotGabriel
    Options

Thank you for the kind words about this project! I originally had them unavoidable but the feedback was basically they’d be frustrating and have no counterplay which I didn’t like. I felt the need to lower his movement speed because of his potential to both be across the map quick and get someone stuck with a trap. He’s like a mix of Spirit and Hag at core who are both lower speed and can preform well!

• Treguard
    Treguard Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm also a Five Night's fan (especially of Help Wanted!), so much so that I wrote a fiction for the Discord fiction contest on the notion (go check out "It's Never 6 AM Here" on FF.N if you're interested).

I must admit, though, I'm not actually a fan of "Never Ending Fear" - it almost meshes too well with his "Blindspot" mechanic, but I don't see any other killers using it (eg, it's completely worthless to Huntress or any stealth killer). Instead, I'd like to propose "Stop The Clock" -- after you personally break a Generator, it becomes blocked by the entity for 5/10/15 seconds, after which it begins regressing normally (it does not regress while blocked, though Pop Goes the Weasel functions normally).

On the other hand, I love the Phantom Traps that feel straight out of Fazbear's Fright. You're getting what you want: Fear, each time the Survivor tries to interact with an object. As the Doctor says... "It's a trap, but it's a trap you must step in." This makes it sufficiently different from the Trapper in my eyes.

As for Springtrap fitting in... well, the guy's got a body count that includes his own family. I'm sure The Entity would be interested....

• NotGabriel
    Options

Haven’t touched this thread in a long time, super cool seeing people still like the ide. Thanks for the feedback and nice words!

• TheCursed123
    TheCursed123 Member Posts: 1
    Options

if this came into the game it would be amazing im also a fan of fnaf but with the whole situation of them thinking that Pyramid head is fine is dumb. but scott would prob be fine giving them license for this its just if the dbd devs want it but this chapter maybe a thing for the future when they run out of ideas but good job

• LazyBlueYou
    LazyBlueYou Member Posts: 1
    Options

I think this idea is really awesome, I have been a massive fan of FNAF ever since it released, and I think the only person that could fit in Dead by Daylight from FNAF is Springtrap, or maybe Ennard depending on what your going for, I love this Idea of using the phantoms as traps, and just like the game if you lose site of him your basically screwed, I love this idea and want this to come true, awesome job my man

• celalemirhan
    celalemirhan Member Posts: 2
    Options

That very Gold idea but fnaf,not according to DBD

• celalemirhan
    celalemirhan Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Options

That is very Good idea but fnaf not according to dbd

• spirax
    spirax Member Posts: 1
    Options

maybe instead of that ability you could consider, mechanical override, he could see clearly in dark places and turn off all lights in the map when activated, or he could take a page out of Henry’s book and Luer people to places he wants by playing the sounds of injured teammates. Or something along these lines

• Szauek
    Szauek Member Posts: 24
    Options

Hi, this is a petition for Springtrap as a new killer in DbD, Almost 8000 People signed it, help us and signed it too ♥️

• Christainism
    Christainism Member Posts: 1
    Options

I think we just need markiplier as a survivor

• Nillion
    Nillion Member Posts: 1
    Options

I originally considered this for a power but I think it might work better as a perk. It goes along more with the "5 Nights" setting. It would make any actions involving skill checks increase in difficulty based on how many generators are completed. Like in FNAF, every one of the five nights you complete takes you to another night with a higher difficulty. Instead, you have five generators, the closer the survivors get to the last generator the more difficult their tasks become.

• MrFredBEARyoutube
    MrFredBEARyoutube Member Posts: 1
    Options

Its a good idea cuz I have a youtube channel that has 100,000 subs and they're all fnaf fans and they decided to check out dead by daylight because of adding springtrap and they're soo hyped but I recommend adding a fnaf human character as a survivor such as charley

• JereWolfie
    JereWolfie Member Posts: 3
    Options

I love this idea!❤ I hope Behaviour (the company that created DBD) sees this and thinks bout it for a while. Your idea is great, NotGabriel and to HexMoriMeMemory and all other haters of this idea screw all of you. This is his idea. His imagination can run wild. You guys aren't his parents. I am a really big fan of the FNaF franchise. So never say DBD isn't a place for FNaF cause if it is Silent Hill, Halloween & A Nightmare on Elm Street isn't either. So all of you haters of this idea shut your butt holes. NotGabriel don't study them. I love your idea and I hope it makes it's way into the game (if Behavior finds it). And I hope you get more good ideas in the future. Thank you.

• JereWolfie
    edited July 2020
    Options

I love this idea!❤ I hope Behaviour Interactive finds this cause I'm a real big fan of FNaF. Your idea 💡is great NotGabriel! And to HexMoriMeMommy & all the haters of this idea, screw you all! It's his imaginative idea. From his perspective. I know you guys have your opinions but I still disagree. Five Nights at Freddy's already is one of the most popular franchises and deserves to make an appearance in other media. You haters don't need to criticize it. You all aren't his parents. If FNaF doesn't belong to END well neither does Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Stranger Things & Silent Hill. NotGabriel don't study the haters of your idea. I find it cool (well because I'm a big fan of FNaF but still). I hope Behaviour Interactive finds this and makes this go into the game. And I hope you make more very cool good ideas in the future. Thank you.

• JereWolfie
    Options

I love your idea!❤ It's real cool 😎. I'm a very big fan of the Five Nights at Freddy franchise. I hope Behaviour Interactive finds this cause I really want it in a game. Your idea is cool and inspiring NotGabriel and I hope you make more cool ideas in the future. Thank you.

• InsecureCheerio
    InsecureCheerio Member Posts: 2
    Options

Although the ability to immobilize survivors with no way of them knowing that a trap is placed there I do like the general concept, I also feel like the perks could be a bit more offensive and unique I do like the first perk I also like the blind spots ability but feel as if it could be a bit tough to deal with when the camera gets flicked by a possible phantom making their camera turn and allowing springtrap to appear in front of them

• NotGabriel
    Options

Looking back I do think I’d like to redo the concept as it’s outdated and my thoughts have changed, it’s pretty crazy that this post from January is still getting love and honest feedback. Thanks mate!

• Кrasш_999
    Кrasш_999 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Here is the link bro I support dbd springtrap, and you support me if we want to add dbd springtrap to the game, maybe they will see it, tell your friends :)!

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/175390/im-curious-to-see-how-many-people-will-vote-for-the-introduction-of-the-springtrap-maniac#latest