Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think survivors should be able to hit killers back?

ppo8820
ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Like in F13, do you think dbd should incorporate a way for survivors to use weapons to stun/ hit the killer?

Do you think survivors should be able to hit killers back? 116 votes

Yes - Sounds fun
17%
TheKingOfAllHoneymoonKeo2018CallmehandsomeFog_KingYandereKunKarl_ChildersIFeelFantasticliquidlightTaigaLightpkmShinduEndstille[Deleted User]RobMeister88BlackRainbowhysteriaPapiQuentin_KotobelkaGabbieBen 20 votes
No
77%
aGoodOldRubPuggyMohawkBossrhaWhite_OwlKharGibberishPhantomMask20763AdelooCamoRangerMister_xDAcromioFibijeanBlade92Slaughterhouse3NoxeriasMiriamGdanielbird11RWoodrowTapeKnot 90 votes
Not sure
5%
Pigsterjasonq500NoOneEscapesNancyppo8820Dinasyletathe 6 votes

Comments

• ppo8820
    Not sure

I’m not asking because I think it should be brought in. It was a convo I had with some buddies so I made a poll. Calm the F down.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    No

I already think pallets and flashlights are enough

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    No

Uhm, yeah am calm, why did you say to "calm down", i wasnt agressive, didn't say ######### about you or about your post, just told you that you can already hit the killer back. Or you are that bad as a survivor that you still cant escape with all of these possibilities to stun and slow down the killer. One more "stun the killer" ability and everygame will be a 4man escape with a 100% depip for the killer. I guess you are a newbie to this game if you didn't think about this before you write this post

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    No

If you want me to quit Killer in a heartbeat, then sure.

But seriously, i've played Friday The 13th at someone else's place and it's just terrible.

My opinion btw.

• ppo8820
    Not sure

It is now. It was my first ps4 game back when game came out and was so much fun. I actually met my buddies I play dbd with on f13. Then they had lawsuit and devs made bad choices so it’s basically dead in water now.

• ppo8820
    Not sure

Whoa. You seem riled up buddy. You doing okay? Are you experiencing hardships?

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Yes - Sounds fun

I mean counsellors are weak af now because Jason mains bitched and whined. Now he has god mode in Rage lol.

Screw Friday

• Boss
    No

It wasn't about balance.

Just being able to attack the Killer removes the feeling of the role for me.

I already greatly dislike getting stunned, though i dislike that in every game that has it.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    No

Not this game. F13 and DBD have their separate gameplay mechanics. I liked both for their own spin off of escaping and dealing with the killer. I knew in F13, I was a little terror. Too bad stuff happened with it. All of the potential content...gone. More bugs than this game has, in my opinion.

• PapiQuentin_
    Yes - Sounds fun

F13 is a game where parts are split across the map, counsellors all have different stats and Jason can literally insta kill you by catching you.

Imagine not being able to fight back and just getting insta killed. Fun game right?

• Boss
    No

Not at all.

That was another reason for me to not play it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    No

DbD's killers are not deadly enough to have such a mechanic.

F13, which i believe to be the game you got the inspiration for this idea from, had a killer that was a lot deadlier than DbD's, since he could insta kill them uppon contact, therefore justifying the survivors ability to fight back.

in DbD, due to how long killer objectives take to be completed, this would be way too strong for survivors.

also, lets be real: this would only - and i mean ONLY - benefit toxic SWF groups whose one and only goal is to make a killer's life hell.

• ppo8820
    Not sure

Really? I just played Friday and Jason got team killed pretty quick. Jason is massively underpowered vs dbd killers. I actually enjoy playing killer in dbd.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    No

in theory, once he gets you you are dead. therefore he is stronger than DbD's killers, who have to get you 3 times in a match to kill you - 2 with a mori.

so F13's base killer is a lot more powerful than DbD's. in F13 the killer is an actual killer that goes around and kills whoever he finds. in DbD killers are more like butchers walking around, sacrificing blood to the entity over longer periodes of time.

therefore the insta kill in F13 is why i said the fighting back part would be reasonable - since you will need a way to get away from the killer once you have been discovered so you are able to play the game a bit longer. DbD does not have that, as there isnt such a high risk to being cought by the killer - since you have 3 lifes anyway.

of course the balancing around that needs to be right - and from what ive seen of F13 so far (and from what ive read out of your comment aswell) i do admit that balancing is very survivor sided.

the flaw here lies not in the actual mechanic, as that is fitting into the game just right, it lies in the balancing around said mechanic.

• PapiQuentin_
    Yes - Sounds fun

Oh. The insta kill no matter what? Yeah...

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Yes - Sounds fun

Yes sounds like fun.

Wonder how hard you can ruin the gameplay for some people.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    No

Of course not. 1st of all,the entity won't allow it. Second,this way the game will be just like the other 1killer against survivors game. Third,the killers get bullied so hard,we shouldn't add more flashlights to the game,including guns etc

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544
    No

I do think that survivors should be able to smack other survivors tho'. You know.. to show dominance.

• BlackRainbow
    BlackRainbow Member Posts: 40
    Yes - Sounds fun

Lol.. For fun maybe

• YandereKun
    YandereKun Member Posts: 1
    Yes - Sounds fun

A perk with the hatchets in the lockers would be good.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

They already can: Head On and DS.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    No

I'm sure if survivors cry enough they will get the ability. Obviously if any killers are still around after this next update.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Yes - Sounds fun

I voted yes, because it reminds me of Friday the 13th and that you actually seemed to at least be able to fight back. Of course, in this game, it would probably be a perk you can use once per match or something, but still better than nothing.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    No

just imagine all that but with 4 survivor against me it scares me.

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209

You can with DS

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344
    edited January 2020
    Yes - Sounds fun

I said yes but only during a mori. I like the idea of there being a series of skill checks for both killer and survivor and each skill check needle moves faster. Whoever misses first loses. If the killer misses, the survivor can get away and the animation can be them hitting/kicking the killer or whatever. If the survivor misses first then the mori carries on as normal.

But in any other situation, no, the survivor should not be able to hit/fight the killers.

• Febb3
    Febb3 Member Posts: 49
    No

Most certainly not, if you see that this is a horror game it would be kinda weird to make the killer avoid the survivor it is a survival game where the survivor should avoid the killer.

MAYBE during a Mori situation, I don't know, since it's annoying to get insta killed every time but its kinda rare to get a mori (when I played killer) 🙂 

• Febb3
    Febb3 Member Posts: 49
    No

Yes indeed, it's just too much for the killers now with all the tea bagging, body blocking and flashing. It's just too much for the killers out there.

• H4l0R34ch4r0und
    H4l0R34ch4r0und Member Posts: 5

The only person I could think of to fighting back would be david king but I don't think anyone else should

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    No

How about every survivor starts with a Shotgun +8 shots available. Hitting the Killer stuns him for 20 seconds. After 3 hits, the Entity is summond and the Killer can be put on a hook where he has a 4% change to kobi.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    No

You're funny.