Matchmaking my brother had. How is this fair?

desn
desn Member Posts: 13

My brother was complaining about some unfair game he was having so I assumed it was just a bad game for him. But then he finished the game and saw the ranks he was playing against. Seriously, this is fair? (I’m a red rank killer main so what I just said was get gud)

Comments

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I've only been getting rank 1s ever since I passed rank 10.

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

Most of them are within 6 ranks of each other, so by the matchmaking standards that would be a fair game.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

The 7s fall in the +/- 6 range bhvr said the matchmaking looks for.

But don't worry. They fixed matchmaking in the ptb. You won't notice any off the wall ranks anymore!

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221

Just remember: A devpost the other day recommended killers just derank to where they feel comfortable playing. The matchmaking's busted beyond belief and they seem to think it's consistent enough to tell Killers which rank they belong in.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
  • desn
    desn Member Posts: 13

So he should derank to rank 20 to play people at his actual level? Thanks.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    edited January 2020

Honestly I thought the patch notes were insulting but even the devs forum posts are degrading.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,068

Ranks are still showing on PTB.

@Topic: This is 100% fine, if the Rank 6 was Rank 7 before and pipped. Fine in a sense of-->works like intended. In reality, 6 Ranks are way too much, but most likely it is the best way of balancing queue times and fairness.

(And honestly, I rather play an imbalanced match than having to wait for ages)

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

The real problem seems to be that it's way too easy for survivors to rank up, and extremely difficult for Killers to rank up.

It took me multiple months to hit purple ranks as Killer, and I didn't stay there for long. But it only took a few days for me to hit purple ranks as a Survivor.

Killers will often miss out on well-deserved pips because of the emblem system; I've seen Killers get nothing more than a black pip from a 4k. Meanwhile, it's almost laughably easy to get pips as a Survivor, even if you don't escape.

There are a LOT of survivors at the red ranks, while most Killers are hardstuck in the green ranks because they get matched with red-ranked survivors constantly.