A new EARLY GAME slow down perk

Options
Nobsyde
Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
edited January 2020 in Creations

Ok, we won't have Ruin anymore as an early game slow down, leaving us with just Corrupt Intervention, so here's my suggestion for a new perk:

Isolation

While repairing a generator alone, you suffer a 28/32/36% penalty to repair speed. For every generator completed, the penalty is reduced by 7/8/9%.

(Note: current numbers are just a suggestion, point is that the penalty will come to 0 once only one generator remains, and the more generators the team completes, the lesser the impact of the perk)

Rationale

The most insidious gen rushing happens when survivors complete generators alone, since they don't suffer any penalty from it. This means that now that Ruin is gone, after the killer's first chase there's a significant probability that a couple of generators could already be completed, if people split up properly (for the sake of discussion, I'm not considering toolboxes or perks like Prove Thy Self).

With this perk survivors are still able to complete generators exactly as before if they stick together, but this also means that killers have a higher probability to pressure multiple survivors once they identify their general location (plus it would synergise very well with Discordance, an arguably underused and underwhelming perk as of right now). However, if they decide to split up and be immersed they'll suffer a very big penalty in the early to mid game, giving more time for the killers to setup / complete their very first chases.

Of course this penalty needs to fade away once the game goes on, otherwise gens could become too difficult to complete due to their location / survivors deaths / Dying Light or other slow down perks.

Is this in any way interesting?

Comments

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

honestly i like this a lot because of the fact it actually works and has good counter play i also like the fact that it wont be able to be stacked with any other slow down perks except like dying light but that perk is garbage and thanataphobia is okay with it but i like that it cant stack with the other slow down perk that being corrupt

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

I like this idea a lot! The only problem is that it disproportionately hurts solo survivors.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited January 2020
    Options

well, solo survs could run Bond if they really struggle in finding other survivors, which is a very useful perk anyway (it's not like running Calm Spirit only to counter Doctor, that's what I mean :P). Also it would also be an indirect buff to Nancy's Better Together.

If even Bond wouldn't be enough because survivors are very far away, that would be ok as well: yes, you suffer a big penalty, but you are still doing an important job that will improve the team position, eventually.

On the plus side, swf now can split up very efficiently, while solos can try to do it, but they have no guarantee that other players will stick to the (silent) plan. In a certain way, the perk would even this disparity out more than increasing it, I think.

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

You've got a lot of good points. I'm sold! But right now I still doubt the devs will do anything to meaningfully buff killers.

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 551
    Options

Thats a great idea!