BHVR the new Zipper Interactive?

Options

@not_Queen

And i would love to tag other names but unfortunately i don't know them atm.

But ok here it goes.

Now with the last couple of changes to the game and then this and how they bring/look at it, is giving me socom trowbacks.

Some might know socom some of you don't because it either wasn't your game or you're just not old enough to know.

Socom was a third person shooter (i know it's something different than dbd) owned by zipper interactive.

They started out good but then it went down hill with each new game.

Almost the entire community stated their concern about the health of the game and direction they went.

They gave ideas, suggestions, you name it.

But zipper never listened to the community.

Why?

Because of $$$.

You might be wondering why you never or don't hear anything about zipper interactive anymore.

Well that is quite simple tbh.

By the time they released socom 4, the community was so fed up with their bs and most of the people who bought the game returned it.

Everybody gave it a fair and neutral chance in hopes they had listened for once, but all was in vain.

About a year later in 2010 they were forced to close their doors.

Now i personally would hate to see this game dying, but i'am genuinely concerned that they might become the new zipper interactive.

It might not and i really do hope I'm wrong but i have a bad feeling if they don't start listening better and more

Comments

• LunarFace
    LunarFace Member Posts: 44
    Options

socom 2 was litty

• NeaKarlsson123
    NeaKarlsson123 Member Posts: 22
    Options

That is what I am afraid of, But the thing is it's not that hard to see that almost all people in the forum hates the change they are doing so should they not consider taking it slow and then try to find the biggest problems so they can fix them! The player base will most likely help out if they ask something we can do!

• krowzar
    krowzar Member Posts: 66
    Options

Zipper Interactive? Do you mean Bethesda? cause behavior sure is heading in the direction as Bethesda cause they don't give a damn about the killer community and only want money. Why else would they add a battle pass and not a lot of people buy it?

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

Correctly, that came to mind before i wrote this post.

I heard about deathgarden and knew i have read somewhere that it is (practically?) dead.

And all those bugs and bandages they apply as if they "fix" it with that.

And yes they have a hard time to listen to the whole community.

Last week i decided to take a break from this game because of all the issues and unbalanced gameplay.

Reading the doc and ruin changes, i think I couldn't have chosen a better time for it.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

Indeed that is so true.

People are complaining about fair and good points, yet they won't listen.

They know they have issues and they should take a few steps back and look at the problems better.

If they don't they will get a few more steps back than they would like.

Tbh with the last few changes including the doc and ruin changes, i think more people will either stop or start playing (only) survivor.

Like in previous posts, i'am glad i decided to take a break from this game.

Have been playing survivor with no perks or no items or both, no mither, etc to rank 1.

It's truly easy while when i play as killer it can be so stressful at times that it's no fun more.

Sure i get 3/4k in the end but the difference between the roles is to big now.

Like many others, i'am willing to help to find a more balanced gameplay for both sides.

But only if they'd listened

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

I think EA is actually the one BHVR is becoming. Money first, community last. I miss the constant dev streams and the buckets of lore :(

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited January 2020
    Options

Bethesda USED to.

Skyrims hundred releases, paid horse armor, ESO being a huge letdown, fallout 4s BLAND ass story, and 76s issues have basically ruined Bethesdas once good name.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

The game is not going to die because of a perk change or because a handful of people came to the conclusion because what they wanted they didn’t get and that somehow that makes the devs one sided or biased.

Coming to the conclusion that they are not listening simply because they don’t respond to every little thread (which most just sound very whinny) doesn’t mean they aren’t listening.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,588
    edited January 2020
    Options

The game will not die just because a Perk so many relied on will get changed. The game will also not die because there were 3 Killer Nerfs in recent Patches (two of them well justified).

Only because YOU (and other certain people) dont like the changes does not mean that the whole game will die.

(And to be honest, I think the Devs have more knowledge of their game than 99% of the Playerbase (Fog Whisperers and of course myself included))

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

SOCOM went to **** because David Sears left, not because of money or Zipper ignoring the community.

SOCOM 4 was what it was because of Sony meddling in the development and demanding Zipper make the game more casual and make it more like Call of Duty. Back when GAF was good, multiple Zipper devs confirmed this.

BHVR doesn’t have a publisher to answer to anymore but they’re clearly still focusing on moves to maximize revenue at the expense of balanced gameplay. They want more survivors playing, they want more survivors in SWF escaping and ranking up and having fun because that’s more rift passes and cosmetics being sold. We’ll see how it fares for the game. Personally I already find survivor to be brain dead easy and queues are already super long on Xbox.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

Oh my... All that cause RUIN got changed... LUL

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

They constantly listen to the community, its just hard to keep everyone happy.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

I don't mind if they don't respond to treads tho.

I'd rather have that they listened to the community tho.

I love this game and hate to see it go.

There are some issues that really needs to be addressed tho.

Sounds on both sides, gen speeds, keys, moris.

To name a few, yet they don't care or don't listen eventhough there is a complaining about these for a very long time now from a big part of the people.

Who said i was only talking about ruin?

I'm talking about a few more than that for over a couple of patches.

Yes there sure were perks and still are perks, on both side that needs a closer look.

And don't know if you mean killer mains with certain people.

If you do than don't get me wrong, cause i allready said in a reply to someone else that i play both sides.

So there is no main from my side, the only one i main was nea as survivor and as killer i play them all, and both sides about equally.

But again there are some serious issues (perks, items, add ons, gameplay) that needs some closer look at

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

You have some fair points there, but it was also very clear they didn't listen.

And from what i heard is david sears didn't leave on his free will.

About the survivors escaping, i personally don't know what type of survivors they look at but definitely not high ranks tho.

As rank 1 survivor i escape about 60 to 70% of the time, and the games last about 8 minutes.

And that's where I'am screwing around and not even playing to survive or anything and yet i do.

Tho when i play killer, most of my games are double as long and rarely anyone escapes.

But again there are some long time issues that needs a closer look tho.

Again i don't talk only about ruin.

Statted that multiple times now.

Hell i rarely relied on ruin because it goes down within a few sec at the start of a match.

So sorry to break your dreams.

So good luck trolling somwhere else 😉

• TheBean
    edited January 2020
    Options

You are indirectly referencing the Ruin change using the concept that BHVR isn't listening to their community, when you know full well they do.

Which means this whole post was a waste of everyone's time.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

I know that it is hard to keeo everyone happy.

But be fair, as someone who plays both sides i say the gen speeds are way to fast.

Even with the old ruin.

Keys and mori's are another issue most of the people hate.

With a key i could hide all game and wait till everyone is dead or the gens are done and get a easy escape.

With a mori you can camp/proxi camp a hook.

A survivor is unhooked, down and mori.

A bit more effort that a key but still an easy kill.

NOED also a perk about everyone hates.

I refuse to use it even for the tome challenge.

Just to name a few things most people hate because of the unbalance.

It's been called out for a long time now.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

Gen speeds

Keys

Noed

Hatch

Moris

Just to name a few.

Nerfing killers because people refuse to adjust their playstyle.

Nerfing some survivor perks as well (tho survivors can easily escape without perks).

So, no i don't talk about ruin.

Yes, when i was reading the notes they just blew my mind on the way they brought it

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

Also, nobody was forcing you to read this post.

So if you feel your time is wasted, than that is a fault of your own.

And even coming back to the post you find a waste of time, makes me nit knowing what to think of you 😉🤔

• TheBean
    Options

Yeah but changes take time. The Devs have shown they take their time. Small changes here and there doesn't break the game, while big changes break it.

Hatch... They listened to hatch... That is why the EGC is in place now.

Gen Speeds... They listened... Why did Demo come out with Surge... Changes to Dying Light... Thana... They made the game painful if a killer was using a Forever Freddy. It is still painful. You can already see the result of just adding a few seconds to gens.... Makes the game boring and survivor will just DC out.

Moris... They got nerf'ed a long time ago....

Keys.... What is wrong with those?... In fact they added in a broken and dull key. This is a baby killer main issue.

Noed... Noed has been nerf'ed into the ground.

MOM... Look what happened right after it was released.... Dang players were kicking up a storm on that perk even before it was released.

Man... What people forget.

Is it they don't listen to YOUR ideas?... Or the ideas YOU liked?

You gotta remember... This game is over 3 years old... Many of the brilliant ideas people come up with on these forums... Have already been thought about at BHVR. This game is their job.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

lol i love how you keep coming back but the assumption that i am a killer main when i definitely said i play both side as rank 1.

So stop with the assumption that you know who, what and how i play.

True the egc makes it better, but why should you get the option to escape trough a hatch when not all gens are completed?

As survivor it is your task to complete them, failing it shouldn't give you the option to escaped cause you clearly didn't deserve it, no matter how well you played.

Surge is a joke of a perk.

Any good/decent survivor stays away from gens that are worked on.

And evsn if the don't, you can still continue to work on and if not than the regression is laughable.

Dying light could be good but it definitely isn't.

They give a survivor a 33% speed boost on working (don't know exactly anymore could be more could be less), without doing anything for it.

While the killer has to find, down and hook a survivor for it getting effect.

They should have had to apply that on both sides.

Every hook gives the killer and his obsession a token.

The only decent oerk is thanatophobia on that i agree but only on tier 3.

And even then you need to keep as many injured, but not impossible.

I like going against forever freddy.

You know how much more fun that is, instead of the 8 minutes games with almost a guaranteed escape? 😂

Moris not sure what nerf there was on that but again it's an easy kill with little effort like keys are to survivors.

When and how was noed nerfed, cause i don't oay to much attention about it as it is a perk i hate to use.

As far as i know is that it is still a perk that gives and a speed boost and an insta down.

The most killers (not all) who usses this perk go either after 1 survivor or the camp the survivor till all gens are done.

MoM I'm even glad that that one is nerfed cause it was a broken perk just like ds was.

Sure i know this game is their job.

But don't forget, and you might even see that on your job as well, is if you do something for a long time you get blinded by things that are and aren't.

Meaning you are getting focused on a thing and fail to see what is happening around you.

I don't say i can do it better or anything.

But there are definitely ideas from the community that can actually work very easily.

Again i love this game but i don't like the direction they are heading in with it.

Sure i might see ghosts here, but i might even see truly what is happening too.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

How do you not realize that without killers, this game is dead?

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Options

For every killer gone that is a game less for 4 people.

Now i don't know about other platforms, but on ps4 in red ranks the waiting times as survivor are about +/- 10 minutes whike as rank 1 kier you get a game in about 1 minutes maybe 2.

And the reason is very simple, at least in the reds that is.

Is that killer games tend to be way more stressful than what survivor games are.

I am way more relaxed when i play survivor than when playing killer

• TheBean
    edited January 2020
    Options

Assumption you are killer main? I didn't think I was assuming anything really. I don't use the "Main" label anymore. I grew out of that as a player in this game. I actually don't care how or which side you play.

I'm just pointing out how the Devs do actually listen... They make changes for what they believe is the greater good of the game, since it is in their best interest to do so. I do believe they still have to pay for the rights of the game from the publisher.

---

Not going to argue individual points of perks since it is a non issue on the point I was making.

---

Noed actually was nerf'ed several times over its existence. It was unlimited time once the gates were powered, with no totems.

--

I don't really care about the other platforms really, other than PC. However match making in general is slow. I believe this is a design / performance issue. It is most likely not that there is not enough players as it is, the system is overloaded and unable to keep up.

--

Sure... But don't assume every player is going to stop playing killer simply because one perk got changed. On PC, I've found the killer queues times long, so having less killer players playing, will help me with those queues. I'm guessing there are others who feel the same way. Also the game is still attracting new players who will be ignorant of changes to ruin and will be playing killer.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Its less to do with the changes themselves but the wording of that "Developer letter", reading it showed just how bias the mindset of these changes were to the "fun of the survivor". It became so clear that BHVR wanted to focus on new players (and new survivor players at that) that they were willing to balance the game around bringing in as much new money as possible while alienating the current playerbase.

I don't give a crap about what the changes are but they just showed their hand for the future of this game and I'm not willing to put my time an effort into something that isn't concerned with its original fanbase. I'm not saying this to sound "elitist" or "entitled" but I bought all the DLC (until Demo/Oni) and even grabbed a few cosmetics because I held out hope they would fix core issues and wanted to support them. Now I see were their main objective lay and what tolerance and patience I had for DBD will be better spent on something else.

I wish BHVR all the best and would never cast scorn towards any particular person but building and maintaining a healthy community will far exceed short term new players in the long run.