Furtive Chase Usage

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,613

How are you putting this Perk to use?

Cause i can't find a good use for it.

And it's not like i'm just sitting at the wikipedia page, making theories.

I just always feel like i'm lacking a Perk slot.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Well, to prevent tunneling for such a reward that doesn't help much

But works well when doing challenges

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    Options

It has no use. It could be useful if it would decrease the terror radius when you aren't in a chase.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,257
    Options

It's pretty useless.

• Boss
    edited January 2020
    Options

I'd love more input on it, but this is not a promising start for positive opinions on FC. 🤭

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

yeah i feel like they just need to make it have decrease it when out of chase

• JinX_Of_Fire
    JinX_Of_Fire Member Posts: 38
    Options

I find it useful on two killers actually. Legion and Michael.

Legion - when you find a survivor, you can frenzy and stab them, then go find the next victim to stab. Chain stabbing is not only effective this way, but alot of the time your speed and lack of half your terror radius means you can stab them before they can react

michael - while chasing someone in tier 2, you can switch targets quickly and get the jump on survivors who dont expect you to be there, they just think its another survivor whos running away. It also starts to get into the survivors' heads because they wont know when you're close in a chase, or farther away. I actually have alot of success with this. The amount of people ive pulled off gens like this is incredible.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2020
    Options

There is no good use of Furtive Chase. Its a really bad perk. Possibly one of the worst.

I am 100% convinced that what happened to this perk is that it was meant to reduce the Terror Radius all the time, but they realized in internal testing that it would stack with Monitor & Abuse and be too good. So they slapped "in chase" on it and called it a day. Contradict me Devs I dare you !

Anyway, its terrible and you should really never use it.

• Pokerface303
    Pokerface303 Member Posts: 110
    Options

Before Oni is had basically no use at all but now with Nemesis it has some use. You can run furtive chase, Nemesis, and myc on nurse and everytime someone unhooks the obsession they become the myc and you see their aura because of nemesis so you blink to them and they are obvious so they don't hear you coming and you one shot them.

• Boss
    Options

Wait, i think i'm reading your comment wrong.

"...that it was meant to reduce the Terror Radius all the time, but they realized in internal testing that it would stack with Furtive Chase and be too good."

What do these two "it" refer to, just to clarify?

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

I typed too fast and didn't double check before posting. I was talking about Monitor & Abuse. I edited it while you typed your answer.

• Boss
    Options

Ahh yes, i see now.

Thanks for that! 👍️

In any case, that's a bit of an odd design decision, probably best to have it be reworked entirely.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Apparently, you can get a free instant down by using Furtive Chase, Nemesis, and Make Your Choice. 😁🤗

• Boss
    Options
  • LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

Tofu made a vid trying to get the TR reduction aspect to work shortly after it was released. He didnt have any luck... He tried again later on pairing it with Nemesis too so he could get an aura reading on a survivor after an unhook and go for a 1 shot using the savior...still kinda meh

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Furtive Chase and Dying Light allows you to get more stacks (slow the game down, just a lil bit). :P

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I only ever used it for the "Hook the Obsession 10 times" challenge. Almost did it in a single match.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I can't think of any use apart from the 3 perk combo others mentioned. And with paint brush on old Freddy. Otherwise it's a weird perk, lots of work for a less useful version of monitor (which is passive)

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

The problem with Furtive is the "IN A CHASE" clause. Remove that, and we might have a usable perk.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,547
    Options

Besides myers shenanigans(the addon that lets you stalk the obsession really fast) and the fc,nemesis,myc combo other people said... I don't see the point of using it.

There's just not enough mechanics with obsession to justify the use.🤷‍♂️

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It can but it also makes managing your obsession to gain those stacks a pain in the ass. You always can't hook the person who just unhooked, and the person who just got unhooked probably has DS or BT on them, so the 2 people you know the location of are the lowest priority. It makes life difficult for like 2-3% slow (2% from 3% affecting 2/3 survivors and 3% from 6% affecting 1/2 survivors.)

Is a second perk slot worth 2-3% slow after the 9th and 10th hook? No. You've already won by that point, and/or they aren't touching gens anyway.

It can be used alongside Nemesis. I've also seen the two with Dark Devotion on Spirit which, alongside her base TR jumping around when she uses her power, and the fact that it mutes her phasing coming from other players, made for an all round confusing as hell match.

It's still a really ######### perk. It doesn't really do anything except switch the obsession to make other perks work. I really dislike the concept of a perk that I need to bring to make other perks function like regular strength perks, it means I'm down a slot just to make 2 crap things feel decent, when I could be running 2 decent things. The chase TR effect is worthless (even moreso from the fact that 9 times out of 10 it's alongside Nemesis now.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I only found it use full on Myers when paired with judith's journal, dead rabbit and m&a and that was before nemesis was out

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,547
    Options