Wouldn't this fix ranking and a little bit of MM?

Options
Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Post edited for better understanding:

There are two issues:

1. People de-rank to bully killers/survivors making new players flee the game
  2. Matchmaking in solo is broken (me, a rank 3 surv has played against a rank 2 killer with a group of 19, 19 and 20 survs, happened yesterday and many times before)

Now, I'm propossing:

1. People could be stuck on rank color not ever being able to change to the one below, making de-ranking to bully not possible and incrementing players database on high rank for us high ranks to have more people in the same color and therefore less lobby wait times with more and different players.
  2. BP for Privates as a new game mode for friends who just wanna play casual and still have the "progressing" feeling. It would have to be a new ranking and leveling survivors from scratch mode to play privates, incentivating not to play SWF with different ranked survivors, but to play in private lobby and leaving SWF for alike rank colors.
Post edited by Carlosylu on

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2020
    Options

Not sure if I understand..

Right now the system is using the highest ranked survivor in a SWF group for matching.

So the issue is when those players who play allot get their friends in to play with them... They make their friends play at the higher rank which usually makes them not wanna play.

If you take the lowest ranked survivors in SWF, you get groups exploiting it to face easier killers. I.E. 3 rank 2 survivors with a rank 20 friend, who then causes them to get rank 20 killers.

It was using the Average rank of the SWF group, before the last change. This was probably the better option looking back at it, since it spread players a bit more in the middle ranks.

--

The issue just comes down to SWF. If everyone played solo, match making would be fine. However the Match Making can't really place SWF groups when some in that group are hard core players with casual players.

--

Then you can't penalize people who want to play with their friends. Otherwise they won't play with their friends and you'll see a big drop in playerbase, since probably half the people play SWF.

• Carlosylu
    edited January 2020
    Options

I didn't mean that, sorry, what I meant is that there are two issues:

1. People de-rank to bully killers/survivors
    2. Matchmaking in solo is broken (me, a rank 3 surv has played against a rank 2 killer with a group of 19, 19 and 20 survs, happened yesterday)

Now, I'm propossing:

1. People could be stuck on rank color not being able to change to the one below, making de-ranking to bully not possible and incrementing players database on high rank for us high ranks to have more people in the same color and therefore less lobby wait times
    2. BP for Privates as a new game mode for friends who just wanna play casual, but it would have to be a new ranking and leveling survivors from scratch to play privates, incentivating not to play SWF with different ranked survivors, but to play in private lobby

I EDITED THE POST WITH THIS INFO FOR BETTER UNDESTANDING

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

yeah honestly i thought about it and this change is really good but then if a person get carried by a high rank friend to a red rank then they quit playing with them now they permanently are basically throwing peoples game and can't get out of the rank that is like the only problem i can think of when it comes to it

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

BHVR is already working on MM. They basically made it Free-for-all before Christmas break and now are currently looking into fixes.

Your second proposition would split the community, something we don't really want overall. Also is it only for Survivors? And what do you mean by "privates" and it being a "private lobby"? Maybe I am just reading it incorrectly but is anyone else confused by it?

• Carlosylu
    Options

True, I mean, maybe if they made it really clear for anyone that if you get to a color rank you're in forever then people would have to assume responsability in getting there. But still, that's a problem...

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

BP for private matches would just incentivize farming and bring back bots.

• Carlosylu
    Options

I mean, if you wanna play private with friends and stand still thats on you... Privates is a premade squad with a premade killer so

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Was I implying that private matches were anything else?