Decisive strike, do you use it?

Options

A meta-changing perk,ds is one of the strongest and most popular survivors perks,and the reason why killers slug sometimes. A really useful perk that is one of the most clutch perks ever.

Do you use it? Let me know down below.

Comments

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

No, Borrowed Time

• UrbanEvading
    UrbanEvading Member Posts: 35
    Options

After the change to the perk, I barely ever used it. Only recently have I started using it more and more and it’s quickly became my favourite perk. You’d be surprised how many times it’s saved me. I couldn’t imagine not running it anymore, granted I may not get to use it every game it’s worth the perk slot. You never know when you may need that second chance.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

I don't like using it

In fact, I feel horrible for using it

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

I hate that I do, but I do nonetheless.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    Options

as a laurie main i must run dstrike to fulfill her propaganda

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    Options

I use it.

It can create literal no-win scenarios...it's the best survivor perk in the game.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

Damn right. D strike and head on. In the words of vinc3ntvega "you got double tapped #########"

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 859
    Options

Give me a reason not to. The killer is wasting insane amounts of time if they down and pick me up during those 60 seconds of invincibility and it’s insane during the endgame.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options

I run it. Its not a fair or balanced perk. There's just no reason to not use it.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options

Always using it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

No. I see no reason to run it.

• VincentRedfield
    VincentRedfield Member Posts: 285
    Options

Given that it relies on you getting rescued... No i don't use it. Too many campers i think.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507
    Options

Yea because it legit takes 0 effort to use ahaha. Perk is still way too strong. If you can’t beat em...

• Siren
    Siren Member Posts: 71
    Options

I don't ever use it. Yeah there's always those times when you have a ######### tunneling killer, but more often than not the killer is just making use of the situation of the game. If you don't want to get downed so quickly in a row, don't farm people and remove yourself from the area once you've been saved if the killer is there.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

When I use it: killer respects the freaking hell out of it and slugs me for 2 minutes

When I don't use it: killer acts as if DS doesn't exists in dbd and instantly picks me up after the tunnel

• JOBreazy
    JOBreazy Member Posts: 128
    Options

Against good killers it is useless to me so i never use it

also i never used it before the nerf either

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

Yes and no. When I use it I never need it, when I take it off it’s tunnel town for me.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

most of the games

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

I use the perk during rank reset or after not playing survivor for a long time.

I swap it out during red rank games.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

No I never have.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

No. I don't like perks that can be used once/possibly not even used at all.

• Aura_babyy
    Options

You mean being stunned for five seconds as opposed to waiting your timer out? Okay lol.

Endgame it is strong, which is why I eat them early if I feel I can.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    Options

Using it, but the amount of times I am able to use it is quite low.

But there are always the situations where you are in an area with nothing to work with or when some guy decides to farm you without BT...

And since I got tunneled for several matches in a row when not using it, I never play Survivor without the Perk.

• Nameless
    edited January 2020
    Options

Stunned for 5 seconds and they gained nothing out of the chase that resulted in initially downing me so yeah that’s a massive waste of their time. If they slug and wait out the timer then they’re wasting time too.

Post edited by Nameless on
  • Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

Only my Laurie will have it

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Currently in recovery from DS addiction, taking it one day at a time.

Nah I was relying on it too much so it had to go, killers will still make me regret not having it sometimes (thanks lads) but I don't want my build option to be limited to three perks, that's what killer is for.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

I do and it is effective in this camping/tunneling meta.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited January 2020
    Options

I hate using DS, because I feel it requires way too little skill and is only there as a crutch for players that want to get to red ranks fast, although, sometimes I wish i had equipped it when the killer is tunneling hard.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

It's too strong not to. DS and borrowed at end game is GGEZ

• Aura_babyy
    Options

Slugging is not a waste of time. If you're chasing someone else you're applying a lot of pressure.

It leaves the remaining people a hard decision, save or finish the Gen.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

No, I would probably miss the skill check. Although did use it a few times when leveling up Bill and had no perks. It saved me at end game when I was tunneled off the hook, forgot I had it , heard the skill check some how picked up my controller in time and hit it. Then I had hope and ran across the map and out the door.

That was a cool moment, put still I don't use it if I have all my perks on a character.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

No.

Some perks are just too strong, imo, for Survivors so I don't use them. Because Survivor is already easy. I don't see why you need to stack perks like DS, Sprint Burst and the like.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

no i don't run it because you don't need to run it since most people respect it even if you don't have

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

If they down you and chase someone else are they really wasting time?

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Another strong perk that I never use. Just don't think the perk is fun and it's too situational. I mostly run perks that is either a fun build, or perks that I get more use of. I mean you can play 10 games in a row without getting to use DS at all.

• Nameless
    Options

There’s also lockers you can jump into and if they slug you, you’re not getting hooked which is also a plus. Either way, you’ll always gain something when running DS. Unless they don’t tunnel you but then you can use it during the endgame.

• Aura_babyy
    Options

Yes, DS during endgame is when it's at its strongest. Which is why I eat them earlier if I can, then go chase someone else if I can't hunt them down quickly.

I will attempt a chase if I'm playing nurse or billy though.