Unique killer ranks

Since every killer plays a bit different and you can't effectively fast derank as killer, what if there was an option for the player to toggle an overall killer rank (for achievments or whatever) and ranks for unique killers?

They wouldn't need to reset the unique ranks or even let them derank to a certain point/timeframe so matchmaking wouldn't suffer but it would solve problems for having fun as a killer with any killer even without hex: ruin. You use a good killer and rank fast? Go for that rank 1 survivors. You do bad with another killer cause he is bad or you just started said killer? Go have fun in lower ranks until you master him.

Comments

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315

I wrote about this for a long time. It makes sense and is logical. It's like going to 1st rank for the new killer you bought. Very very frustrating.

• Infckingcredible
    Infckingcredible Member Posts: 145

With new killers they could do "hidden placement matches" to get placed in a somewhat decent rank and you can improve from there so you don't have to start all over at 20

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

The problem here are M1-Killers. Of course it is completely different when you look at the more unique Killers. If you are a really good Nurse, you get to Rank 1 with her, but if you want to try out Hag, which you have never played before, you might struggle.

However, with M1-Killers, where the gameplay is so similar, this does not work. If someone is a really good Pig for example and gets to Rank 1 with her, and he tries out Wraith which he never played before, he will have basically the same gameplay vs low Ranks. And this would not be fair at all.

• VSLl

Is dropping ranks and then playing against beginners right? There are a lot of unfair apses in this game. But this is the most offensive.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

I'd be one of the highest ranked Clowns.

• Infckingcredible

Thats why you have placement matches for every killer where matchmaking could flucuate a lot for a few matches. They could also implement something like a winstreak to rank up faster the first games.

Or just start at an average rank where most players are and rank up or down from there

• Infckingcredible
    edited January 2020

Not really but if games go so fast you just have fun with a sweaty billy build with slugs where you can't stand a chance with a bad killer, why should you even play a bad killer? In this case it would be fair to go against worse players since the others are too good appearently ;)

Also, you may only go against beginners in a few placement matches if you do bad. Otherwise it's the same with current rank, you can also do it now. It is about not having to derank because you have unique ranks on every killer.

Edit: oh yeah how could i forget. Where's the fun for survivors if they can't stomp bad killers anymore as it is now if you ranked with a different one as it is now?

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

I agree, I think there should be different ranks for each killer. I can only play Hillbilly and Leatherface (and Hag before the anti heal meta) at high ranks. I'm a competitive person and I don't like losing, so it puts me off trying to play other killers, because I know that I'll be bad with them.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Really bad idea. You could essentially stay at low ranks forever by switching killers, no matter how experienced you are.

This would just be heaven for people that like to bully noobs.

• VSLl

If you play an hour a week? Yeah. In a day you can go from level 20 to 1. Lmao.

• Infckingcredible

No, you would rank up on the others and you could see it as "xp" instead of rank where maybe you can't derank below a certain point in time

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,358

This reminds me of how Overwatch does its ranking system. You do placement matches to figure out where you SHOULD be, and its unique for each role. Just because a person is really good at playing a healer, doesnt mean theyd play at the same skill lvl if they swapped over to playing tank for a game.

• Infckingcredible

Haven't played overwatch but it makes sense to me. Wish there would be something similar with killers. I usually like to play all kind of roles/killers so i've not mastered everyone, even if i have tons of hours in this game

• Simply_Ghostface
    Simply_Ghostface Member Posts: 22

I struggle with this all the time. Especially cause I'm trying to do daily's and challenges that require using killers that I'm not good with. This would definitely make players not want to scrap daily's as often as well.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

It would be good but needs an average rank to even it out. Like a rank 4 who got to that rank playing billy and wants to try hag for the first time shouldn't have to do that at rank 4, but also shouldn't do it at rank 20.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they removed rank altogether at some point though.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Yes

I as a rank 1 Nurse main with 2.5k hours should be able to bully rank 15 survivors because of a Freddy daily.

• Infckingcredible

They could just take the Avg of your current ranks to start placement matches for new killers rank.

• Infckingcredible

Playing a killer like a rank 15 vs red ranks isn't fun either. But yeah, it is survivor fun if they can bully a killer so it is okay right?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I don't understand. Either you think mismatch ranks is bad which you would agree with me or mismatch ranks is good and we should also embrace alt ranks for survivors too.