Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Simple Ruin/Gen Speed Fix?

So generally everyone seems to agree that gens get done too fast, and that ruin is annoying as hell pre-nerf. How about something like this? As basekit, all generators progress 20% slower for the first 90 seconds of the match? Then the slowdown goes away. Make ruin do something else entirely. Gets rid of the annoyance of being forced to either hit great skills checks ornfind a totem, and helps with the gen rush?

Comments

• Philerz
    Philerz Member Posts: 21

the average kill-escape ratio is 2/2, all you want is an easy 4K, just get good and apply pressure instead of crying

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

What a brilliant one sided response. I dont want an easy 4k, you've clearly never played killer

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Genspeed is fine. Maps are the problem.

• Philerz
    Philerz Member Posts: 21

If you slow down gens, killers will just get more kills and then it’s imbalanced 🤷🏼‍♂️ 2/2 is a fine ratio

• joker7997

That'll take two years, wont be a playerbase left at that point

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

The stats response never really struck me as good information to base an argument off. We're playing in a time where literal rank 20s can play at a rank 1 match with ease, just by SWF'ing with a rank 1 survivor. Therefore, most matches have a heavy range of skill levels that can influence the match in either the survivor's or killer's favor, which isn't a balance issue. It's a ranking issue.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 409

i think nerfing the perks and toolboxes that increase gen repairs or add it where medium/ large map takes longer to do gens lm leaning more towards the first one as these can be stacked by 4 but if it still going to where three gens in be pop in less than 3 minutes then the map one would be next idea.

• joker7997

My point is really that by nerfing ruin they are telegraphing that ruin sucks, which I agree with. The problem is the majority of the killer roster needs something to slow down the early game. People can act like idiots and say good killers can get around it. That's bull #########. Yeah you can 4k without it, and you can get destroyed with it. The point is in general gens get done too fast unless you're one of what 3 killers? 4 if you include nurse. So how about we slow them down JUST A LITTLE BIT early game, without pissing everyone off with ruin and turning off new or less skilled survivors.