Favorite Non-Meta Perk Build?

Siren
Siren Member Posts: 71

Do you have a favorite perk build that would be considered non-meta, survivor and killer?

The latest build I've played with is Spine Chill, We'll Make It, Urban Evasion, and Kindred. Works well for a stealthier play style and forgetting hooked teammates back into the game quickly, but at the expense of exhaustion perks and other useful ones such as Borrowed Time.

Comments

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125

I like running the sabotage toolbox with flip flop, unbreakable, tenacity, and boil over/breakdown/saboteur. If I get a good map I’m basically invulnerable in certain spots. I’m not really doing anything besides wasting the killer’s time, but it’s still pretty fun.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2020

For the longest of time.

My survivor perks that I used

Autodidact, Diversion, Lithe, and Dance With Me.

My killer Perks for a while

Bloodhound, Huntress Lullaby, Sloppy, Shadowborn (if I said the name correctly)

Edit: it was bloodhound not predator lol

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558

Me: Endgame Freddy!

Also me: With Ruin going, that might actually be more meta than I think...

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
  • Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Kindred, Open Handed, Bond, and Spine Chill. I've been running it almost every game.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

Autodidact

Buckle Up

Empathy

Second Wind

By far, the best possible healer build you can have. It’s also the closest thing you’ll get to an insta-heal.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Deer stalker

Knockout

Hex: The third seal

Sloppy butcher

I'm sorry for anyone who faces me.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

Leatherface with Tinkerer, Dark Devotion, M&A and Insidious.

Yeah you won't probably pip but it's funny as hell.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Kindred is the new meta for solo survivors. The amount of information you get from it, and of course give, is on-par with SWF on comms. It's in all my builds, along with Iron Will and We'll Make It. 4th slot is for dailies, WGLF or anything else I might feel like running.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Aura-reading Build:

Open-Handed + Detective's Hunch + Kindred + Bond//Better Together/Windows of Opportunity

Endgame Build:

Wake Up! + Hope + Adrenaline + No One Left Behind/Left Behind

Vaulting Build:

Lithe + Dance With Me + Lucky Break + Quick & Quiet

Hook Build:

Breakdown + Camaraderie + Deliverance + Kindred

Locker Build:

Head On + Inner Strength + Decisive Strike + Quick & Quiet

Pirate Build:

Ace in the Hole + Pharmacy + Plunderer's Instinct + Up the Ante

Stealth Build:

Iron Will + Quick & Quiet + Stake Out + Urban Evasion

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Detective's Hunch, Dead Hard, Prove Thyself, and Stake Out/Fixated.

Oh how I love this build!!

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Spies from the Shadows, Stridor, Bloodhound and Shadowborn.

Poised, Wake Up, Sole Survivor and Spine Chill (Left for dead build).

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

This build is high risk but can be rewarding

Tenacity. Unbreakable. Flip flop. Ds

If they dont slug the build is pointless

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Survivor:

Plunderers, Ace in the Hole, Pharmacy, Street wise.

i like the Ranger medkits

Killer:

Knockout, Nurses, Deerstalker, and Hex the 3rd seal I don't consider it meta since the slug build i use isn't to win just for my own fun.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 409

corrupt intervention, discordance, thrilling and thant or pgtw prefer thant

Especially on freddy with the add ons red paint brush and swinging chains.

slows the game down especially early game but if survivors play it right gives them a chance to escape but they have to work for it

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2020

Ruin, ruin, ruin, and ruin. See what I did there?

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

I too, like to use this perk build from time to time. I don't always use it for sabotage, though. It's really surprising how often it works

• Monika
    Monika Member Posts: 113

As surv? I'm pretty sure its not Meta anymore but has great synergy. Botany/Autodidact/self-Care/Borrowed.

I mnow borrowed is really big but I don't see the other 3.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Been using fixated, Sprint Burst, Small Game and Inner strenght

Been really enjoying it

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    edited January 2020

This is what I use for Quentin.

No Mither, Resilience, This Is Not Happening, and Spine Chill.

Basically it's high risk build that rewards you with stupidly broken gen repair speed, especially with toolboxes and add-ons. It also gives you juicy vault speed. It's also good for looping not just for fast vaulting, but in the sense that if you can loop the killer for a long time, you can probably keep him on you longer than normal because every killer (yes even red rank killers with brains) that sees No Mither automatically assumes "hey it's a meme build 4head" and will think you're easy prey. This will make them dedicate to getting you downed because they underestimate No Mither.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

For Killer:

(I don't think this is meta.. yet) Plague + Dying Light, Pop Goes the Weasel, Surge, Thanatophobia.

This build Literally puts survivors between a rock and a hard place against Plague. If the Cleanse, then they suffer her ranged damage wrath, but make it easier to do gens. If they don't cleanse, then they are in for a world of hurt with chases lasting half as long as they normally should, while suffering from the full potential of the gen progress slowdown it grants. No other killer can pull this build off as well as Plague can, so that makes it unique to her.

For Survivor:

We'll Make It, Botany Knowledge, Spine Chill, Lithe.

Healing an unhooked survivor in 10 seconds is great, but doing so in less than 5 seconds is godlike, otherwise healing anyone else with botany knowledge's 33% gain is fantastic so why not use it? Spine Chill counters all killers (stealth or not) and gives you a solid heads up even in a chase as to whether or not they are looking in your direction. As for Lithe... I find it to be the more reliable exhaustion/escape perk since the nerfs to BL and SB, and because you have to vault to use it, you have more control and can put a wall between yourself and the killer before sprinting away... that's a win/win perk in my book.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

On Legion I run BBQ, Shadowborn, M&A, Thana, Susie's Mixtape, and Sketchbook. A wee bit meta but I really only have BBQ for bloodpoints.

For survivor a fun off-meta build is Left Behind, Plunderer's, Hope, Adren. It's the EGC/last survivor kind of build. Search chest. Find key. Profit.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

non-meta = as killer, eat pallets all game or, as survivor, be a weak chain that cant help enough to get anyone out. Thanks, no.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Survivor: mettle of man, breakout, tenacity, flip-flop. Possibly with a sabo toolbox. Take two protection hits for a survivor being carried to a hook, try to crawl away after

Killer: either doc with snipe addons, no perks except haunted grounds and thrill of the hunt - protect totems, don't even attack survivors unless they dare to try and cleanse one

Or nurse with insidious and noed, hide behind exit gates

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81

Deliverance can make for some very dramatic chases and escapes. All kinds of builds centered on that perk are possible.

• mike1288mccarthy
    mike1288mccarthy Member Posts: 78

I feel spine chill is a meta perk but no one wants to run it because it doesn't help with healing or gens but most of the time you can know a killer is coming before you even hear their heartbeat and it's great going against stealth Killers like wraith, pig, ghostface and Michael it's super underestimated and underrated

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Idk if its meta or not but

On my ghost face I like running enduring, a nurses calling, thrilling tremors and then a perk of my choice. It might end up being corrupt intervention but I've got a lot of choice tbh

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Any means necessary, resilience, dead hard and kindred. So like, half-meta now that kindred is so good. Any means necessary is just for the meme, and can sometimes actually be useful when a killer keeps chasing someone and not kicked a good pallet. It rarely happens but it's satisfying when it does. Resilience's 9% extra repair and vault speed are quite nice. Anything to get me through windows faster on dedicated servers, even though it doesn't help all that much.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I enjoy going Agitation + Iron Grasp + Mad Grit (+ Pop Goes the Weasel) so I can chase a Survivor while carrying another Survivor. :P

• UnluckySteve
    UnluckySteve Member Posts: 14

My fav perk build is Fixated,Quick and Quiet,Resilience and Spine Chill

Sometimes I take out Quick and Quiet for We'll Make it

• SolAkira
    SolAkira Member Posts: 71

I gave one called the Business Hips build. Got the idea off of fortnite. The motto is always got somewhere to be.

The build is Fixated, Urban Evasion, Sprint Burst and another perk of your choosing. The basis of the build is to always be mobile and get to your destination as fast as possible by any means necessary

• anormalman
    anormalman Member Posts: 105

David

Prove Thyself, Sprint, Ad, BT + Commodious toolbox + Socket Swivels + Instructions

Wraith

Blind Warrior White + Thanato But this is weak.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

I don't carry in any items and I don't search chests, so I use perks to speed up my actions and the actions of other survivors:

Babysitter

Distortion

Botany Knowledge

Leader

Another one I use a lot is:

Stakeout

Autodidact

Kindred

Empathy

On Doc, I use:

Iron Maiden

Fire Up (I always lose gens with Doc anyway, so might as well go vroom!)

Bloodhound (I can't see very well)

Distressing

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Brutal Strength, Enduring, Fire Up, Spirit Fury.

Sometimes i really just wanna say: "Bye, Pallets!".

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,452
    edited January 2020

Lucky Break + Urban Evasion + Iron Will is my new favorite stealth build that I run on Blendette.

Killers lose you so Easily when you don’t have a blood trail and when you got Iron Will.

Occasionally I like to run a healing build using We’ll Make It + Botany Knowledge + Self Care with a Med kit.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Non-meta perk build?

I can only say survivor as my killer builds have some meta perks in it

Auto-didact, stake out, flip-flop, tenacity

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

Leader, We'll Make It, Solidarity, Botany Knowledge. Nice to speed up healing and get back on gens. Also nice when killers slug after I've unhooked someone, so I can undo their snowball.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

Fave non-meta build is Solidarity, Empathy, Self-Care, and Autodidact.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Windows of Opportunity, Spine Chill, Kindred and Q and Q

• VolareVia
    VolareVia Member Posts: 6

WGLF, Deliverance, Borrowed Time, and We'll make it.

Sometimes I'll also run Pharmacy, Plunderers, Ace in the Hole, and Up the Ante when I'm low on items.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

We're Gonna Live Forever, Self-Care, Botany Knowledge, Resilience. Then cry externally when I see Plague.

When some one gets downed, run over and get hit while the Killer is carrying them for ez tokens. Easier stacks then BBQ.

• KateMain1432
    KateMain1432 Member Posts: 6

My perks are kindred, distortion, dead hard, and my most favorite Aftercare

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

No Mither, Dead Hard, Tenacity, Unbreakable

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I don't have builds I just run perks that value me.

I will never go into a survivor match without Iron Will or Well Make It

As for killer I usually base my build around

Gens Dying Light

Healing Dying Light

Tracking Shadowborn

Situational Thrilling Tremors, Infectious fright

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    edited January 2020

I like running Quick & Quiet, Lithe, Dance With Me, and Spine Chill.

With good situational awareness and map knowledge, I'm usually completely hidden with no scratch marks by the time the killer reaches the Gen I was on. Even if they do see me, I've got enough of a head start for a good, long chase.

I try to use at least one perk from the Survivor I'm currently playing. That forces me change things up a bit for each Survivor. It also means that quite often I'm not playing a meta build.

• SammieHeart
    SammieHeart Member Posts: 1

I play as either Nea or Claudette when I play survivor, and my builds for them are both a little different! For Claud, I like using BT, Urban, Spine Chill, and Lightweight. So far, it has proved to be very useful!! I have been trying out a build for Nea, and it definitely is different. It isn't too bad. I run This Is Not Happening, Resilience, Hope, and Spine Chill. I also have a luck based build I run ocassionally. Its not too good, but it's fun!

As a killer, I play Myers (Pop, BBQ, SF, and PWYF) it is a bit of an overkill build, but it is what I work best with atm. If anyone wants to give me suggestions, please do! I play Piggu too, (MYC, Pop, Sloppy, and Whispers) and then Huntress. (Lullaby, Pop, Unnerving, Distressing) and I try to play fairly as a killer. I love playing both sides of the spectrum, I just play less killer because of awful lobby times.