Ps4 matchmaking is trash

Options

I'm sorry if i look a "baby killer" but i'm a little frustrated.

How can it be that as a killer, now in green ranks, I always, i say ALWAYS, find a swf squad ALL RED RANKS

Another thing is devs want to hide ranks 'cause they don't want people tell them the truth.

Is this happening to you too?

Comments

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I played 6 games of survivor yesterday to test out the servers - all other survivors in all games were also red rank, went against one red killer and 5 green killers, poor things.

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69
    Options

Its like this on PC too, im rank 12 going against red ranks. Personaly i like it cause i can focus on my weaknesses. Best we can do is not look at it as a loose but as a learning experience.

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151
    Options

Yep, at this point me and my friend just believe that they just turned off ranks in matchmaking because they don't know how to fix it or deal with it.

I'm in red ranks for killer and survivor and I've been having some really questionable ranks at the end game screen.

• Shorknado
    Shorknado Member Posts: 56
    Options

Yeah I get you there! I wouldn't call you a baby killer I'm sure when you're put with survivors of your actual skill level (green) you'd play very effectively.Im a yellow rank killer and i consistently get matches with purple ranks on ps4 all the time. To the point where i dont bother playing killer until rank reset.

Even as survivor i keep getting matched with yellow rank killers (my swf is purple) and the matches just arent fun! Because the killer isn't having fun and we just end up genrushing with barely an bp or a pip

The matchmaking is such a huge problem, especially for killers who are consistently getting places with survivors who are just above their skill level. One or two could be doable but a full team and swf is just Crushing and it makes playing killer feel like a punishment. I know they wanna slow lobby times but matchmaking needs a stronger hardcap between ranks. Mid yellow should not get purple and green should not get red! You are absolutely allowed to be frustrated because it is frustrating to deal with!

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

It's honestly mind blowing. Playing rank 1 survivor mostly all my killers are green now. And yet it is still taking over 10 minutes to find matches. If the player base is this low now it seems like bhvr maybe should readjust their priorities a little?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,780
    Options

I'm a red rank survivor and get green rank killers a lot. Just had this match last night;

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options
  • Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

It's because there's not enough red rank Killers wanting to play so you get matched with whoever's in your region regardless of rank.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

Yeah it’s pretty bad right now. Waiting for that rank rework any day now....

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54
    Options

So first they put down red killers by making things like nerfing Nurse and now they are putting down mid tier killers by matching them with the red ranks. Way to self destruct your game

• Ognabrandur
    Ognabrandur Member Posts: 3
    Options

I just came here to also complain about this. I also play on PS4. Until recently everything was ok. But since about 2 weeks ago Iam also getting as Rank 9 Killer only red ranks swf groups. This aint no fun anymore. Maybe Iam a baby killer but this is too much right now. Normaly I get on average 2-3 kills but nowadays Iam glad if Iam able to get 2-3 hooks to get at least some stacks on BBQ. I just same out of a game where Iam pitched against Rank 1 and 2 survivors. I didnt used ruin and the first gen was finished after literally 30 seconds. One rank 1 had BNP. I decided to quit playing DbD for the moment as it is no fun anymore. And devs even plan to nerf ruin. LOL

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    Options

The thing is, in the past i gained higher ranks (better matchmaking and more time to play) and now the only way to destroy a team is to play hillbilly (for me) and maybe huntress but not in yamaoka. Sometimes i win with the other killers but chanches are very low

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    edited January 2020
    Options

Another thing: strangely I find lobbies instantly (this shouldn't happen if there are no survivors of my rank range)

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

They queues for survivor are probably getting longer so they just throw any killer they could find at them so they don't have to wait

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315
    Options

Yeah yeah

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

This is happening because of the change to dedicated servers. This never happened before and now it is an every game sort of thing. I'm sure it is happening because of a disproportionate amount of high level survivors compared to killers.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

It's awful on Xbox too. Since I hit Red ranks, my lobby wait times are up to 10 minutes per match, and 75% decide to 'disconnect from the host' upon connecting, letting me wait another age for a match. Killer however, pretty much instant matches. Really hope this matchmaking thing is fixed or something because waiting around for ages is really putting me off wanting to even play anymore

• Shivadeathkiss
    Shivadeathkiss Member Posts: 94
    Options

You're not wrong. Matchmaking sucks on Xbox right now too. I hope the Devs are working on a fix finally. It really is getting out of hand.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

yep. I keep getting people 7, 8, or even 9/10 ranks ahead of me. please BHVR I'm a baby 13 Mikey main, spare me