Why, Survivor, why?

Options

Comments

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928
    edited January 2020
    Options

Who and how old are these people? They sound liketroubled teenagers when they say stuff like this. Why are so many weirdos playing the survivor side?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

damn...

some players need to figure out the difference between "camping" and "defending the hook"...

• LustForBP
    LustForBP Member Posts: 611
    Options
  • 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

the chat should be off. The game is not about being nice.

• MisterGein213
    MisterGein213 Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2020
    Options

Why the hell do ya even bother with these types of folks? There's no point. They ain't gonna listen or change their minds, so why waste your time explaining things to them? Just let them be wrong, shoot them a GG and move on. It's easier, less time consuming, and it pisses them off more.

• LustForBP
    Options
  • LustForBP
    Options
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Guys, not all survivors are like that. Also, they haven't whined in a lot of time, they're getting their best assets (balanced landing imo was the best) nerfed, and haven't moaned at all, whereas one killer perk gets nerfed and it's like the end of the world. How are the sruvivors whiny then?

I am a 'neutral' player, meaning I play both survivor AND killer, and your comment is just not right, both sides have WHINY players, but not ALL of the survivor community are whiny, most just shut up and take it.

Please don't accuse all of the survivor mains for being 'winy'.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Yeah there's toxicity on both sides. It's from the individual not the side they chose to play.

I always send gg to the killer after a game as survivor. Maybe because I played killer so long and can sympathize with the struggle.

Unless ofcourse their tunneling noobs than no gg for you.

As a killer I don't tunnel, nor camp so I don't get nasty messages

• LustForBP
    Options

Well, for one, survivors have the most OP perks in game. Especially at High Reds. But idc.

• LustForBP
    Options

Lmao I see your indirect attack at me.

i didn’t camp and it’s not problem if I come back to the hook that a survivor is removed from only for the healthy survivor to SB away. Why waste my time on them? I go for the closest. Not my problem.

Gold and Iridescent Chaser emblems aren’t awarded if you camp. Tunneling is part of the game.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I apologize if it came out as if I was attacking you. Not my intention.

And as I stated before, I understand why people tunnel, it is effective. However it completely sucks for said survivor being tunneled.

I have been a very ruthless killer in the past. Just now that I play survivor I try to be more understanding of the survivor's experience. It helps that I no longer care about rank as a killer. When pipping is fixed for killers we may see people more willing to embrace "funner" tactics.

• MisterGein213
    MisterGein213 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Guess we just view these types of interactions differently

• GamerCustard
    GamerCustard Member Posts: 59
    Options

I think, while yea, both sides can be toxic and/or whiny, one of the main reasons people seem to notice complaints about nerfs coming from the killer side is due to the ratio of killer Nerfs over Buffs - the killer needs could be considered bigger than survivor nerfs as 1) there's ALOT of good perks to use instead of the one that got nerfed that may have a similar effect(not a good e.g., but say SB got nerfed, and people switched to dead hard to get a better sprint effect.. Idk, point is, there are quite a few perks w/ similar mechanics) and 2), killers themselves get outright nerfed. Can't do that to survivors because they're just a perk set with no specific base-kit abilities, just perks. As a result, it can make a killer almost useless.

I think a lot of salt messages like that comes from.. I guess survivor entitlement? Where once again survivor fun is more important than killers and that definition of fun is that in which they can grief the killer.. A good killer doesn't exist, they're a bad sport if they kill everyone and they suck if someone escapes.. I found a lot of people are salty just for a reaction and want to make you mad. Agreeing with literally everything or showing you don't care gets them riled up

• LustForBP
    Options

No problem. It seemed like you took shots at me lol.

I know it sucks being tunneled, but as a killer when 4 are alive and you’re down to 2-3 gens, what is better: Waste time playing “fair” or go for the survivor you know is on Death Hook?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Of course both sides have toxic jerks.

But there are way more endgame chats with camping complaints than looping for example.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

They'll get nerfed. But, if you're referring to DS and Borrowed, then you really haven't been around for long, they used to be much worse. Like NOED, they're designed to counter hated playstyles and are fine.

If you're referring to something else, please do tell me what it is, I haven't played in a while.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

Ugh you cannot buy into survivor salt. You must ignore and never allow them to take their anger out on you. It’s not worth it. There’s no game on earth where everyone leaves happy, not in dbd.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

It is senseless to discuss in the post game chat. In 99% of the time, you will encounter only salty survivors. Play your game and don't care about them.