The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do survivors allways agree on killer nerfs but never on killer buffs?

Everytime I see a killer buff suggestion it allways gets hated mostly by survivors, but when it's a nerf suggestion it gets praised

Comments

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

The map design has to change. Backwater Samp Rose was much bigger in the past, then they shrinked it, now it's one of the most balanced maps. Ormond / Red Forest are just too big without ruin, for low pressure killers. Disturbed Ward has 2 god windows and so many save pallets. The Game has a ridicoulus amount of pallets and it's so dark there etc.

Map Design is the biggest flaw in the game. If they would balance that, it would not be necessary to nerf perks or killers.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

Because the game is already favoured inherently for survivors? For some mechanics or situations, I agree Killers should be changed, but survivors generally hold the advantage in every situation if they play optimally.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Thank you. I sort of thought this was common sense and was typing same reply but saw yours.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Welcome to dead by daylight hypocrits devs

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I play both. I agree with the good, I criticise the bad.

I call people out on their bias and their BS. I recognise that certain killers/perks/add-ons need changes. It's just that people who stay in one camp seem to have their head shoved so far up that they can't even consider the fact that other people with different opinions play the other side.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Not true. I always ask to make Kindred bonus perk for solo survivors.

• Snakeski
    Snakeski Member Posts: 2

I'm thinking a good survivor buff would be shotguns that put the killer directly into a dying state just to turn the table once in a while

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Not every survivor agrees with killer nerfs and never giving them buffs. Same with killers doing the same with survivors. I didn't think Ruin needed a change and same with Groot and several occasions. Other survivors have expressed their worry in nerfing killer perks.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So 90% of killers calling out buffs for them is like "i want my bumper car to be a monster truck".

• VincentRedfield
    VincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

Same reason killers are always for survivor nerfs and never buffs.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

That's a pretty bold generalisation. The short answer is: they don't.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

You now if you want to turn the table once and a while, PLAY KILLER you don't need to arm the survivors to kill people.

Or are you that much a survivor main that the thought of playing Killer for a round or two makes you sick.

• mmorrow8
    mmorrow8 Member Posts: 59

Im a survivor main that dabbles in a bit of killer. I agreed with some reworks but I hate the Nurses rework the most (I play nurse but I liked the older version a lot more) and Legion needs a full rework because of being nerfed to hell and back (also played Legion a bit). Spirit nerf actually isn't that bad and I still love playing her and doctor's rework is actually pretty decent. Freddy's rework is god tier and is fun when playing killer but oh boy it's a pain playing survivor. He needed it though (even though I rarely lived to them before I do think he kinda needed a bit more).

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

another whiny post about how community is divided

GJ

now we can close

• gauger236
    gauger236 Member Posts: 11

I play both sides. I gotta say in my opinion killer is alot easier to play.but I don't stress if I get 2k I'm happy unless their toxic then I 4k

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114

I think the games relatively fine people stress this stuff so unnecessarily. Theirs issues on both sides survivor and killer. Theirs glitches, latency issues, ranking problems, and matchmakings not consistent. Games not completely balanced for all players and ranks and some maps have issues like easy to abuse god loops. Problems like this (except the game specific mechanics) are in virtually every multiplayer game. Since the xbone came out most games even major titles from big developers have these same problems. I play both sides fairly equally. I've been playing DBD since near release on the xbone. Its only gotten better and better as time goes on and honestly I'm impressed considering its not a major developer. Bigger titles have gone silent in a shorter amount of time. I think its time to stop taking everything so personally wrong with the game and enjoy everything they've done right.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Because I disagree with every killer needing to be buffed into being as broken as Hillbilly. A lot of suggested killer buffs are pretty dumb, since it doesn't fix any core issue with the game and just slaps a band-aid on a killer instead.