do you do this? cmon, fess up.

Options

spam rushed actions to blow the killers eardrums out. why? why do people always do this? usually i ignore them, but when i DO go for that person, theyre always the worst player on the team.

do you do this? if so, why??

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

No.

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558
    Options

Only if I want to give them a kill at the end

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

Nope, I usually just hear it at the end when survivors are near the gates and they want me to see them tbag. I spend my time looking to close the hatch...

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Last night i chased a clown around while he was chasing someone else. Finally i ran into his smoke. He still ignored me. I had to literally get behind the survivor he was chasing to get him to follow me. Unfortunately the other survivor used all the pallets so i didn't last very long.

Had a daily to get chased for 2 minutes.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

I don't quite get what you're saying, I usually drop a random pallet on the map to get the killer to look for me, but only if I have the perk to lift that pallet back up as soon as I dropped it.

I run fixated (they come and look for me but can't find me, I made them waste half a minute doing so) and in the case they do find me I'm a good looper so...

• Carlosylu
    Options

Yep, rank 1 every month since launch on both sides. Trapper and GF mains

I have never gotten to play against survivors who do such things, weird at red or purple ranks on xbox if you ask me.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

I've done this but generally only if the killer is tunneling the person just off hook. They can't use the excuse I didn't know where anyone else was at.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

Definitely no.

• LunarFace
    LunarFace Member Posts: 44
    Options
  • Carlosylu
    Options

I had never thought of doing that as a way for them to know we're against tunneling when I'm survivor. Thanks!

• LunarFace
    Options

no. i dont. one is playing the game. the other is spamming ######### to annoy the killer for literally no reason. if the killer is tunneling someone, thats 3 chases, downs, and hooks that you have to sit on gens. just do the objective rather than be a child and throw a fit. tunneling is the killer playing the objective.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

Its to draw attention. I tend to check it, 9 times out of 10 its a survivor who thinks they can lead a chase but go down ridiculously quickly

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Nope. If I hypothetically wanted to get the Killer's attention away from someone else or something else, I'd just find them and run up to them.

• LunarFace
    Options
  • mouse0270
    Options

Which is good for you than, that is one less person doing a gen. So why are you complaining again?

• LunarFace
    Options

because its loud and obnoxious. and its done specifically to BE annoying.

• mouse0270
    Options

Tunneling is obnoxious.

You're clearly missing my point or to stubborn to see it, your are trying to tell me to stop doing something you find obnoxious but seem to refuse to not stop doing something I find obnoxious.

Your at a bargaining table asking for a loan but willing to give zero collateral to secure the loan.

As I said before, I do not do this unless the killer is doing a specific action. If the killer isn't being obnoxious then I am not being obnoxious.

• LunarFace
    Options

but tunneling is literally just doing exactly what the killer is supposed to do, just in a way you dont like.

spamming rushed actions is ONLY used to be an annoying child.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

If I'm trying to get the killer's attention for some reason, then yes.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

I don't.

And when others do it to me, I usually ignore it. They tend to keep chasing me around, so it's 1 less person to care about in the gen department.

• mouse0270
    Options

@LunarFace here is where I can show you how we differ as reasonable human beings.

See though I understand the reasoning behind what your doing, I would consider this toxic. At this point yes you are trying to help a teammate, but if the killer wasn't playing toxic all game, this I would consider toxic. You are ruining the killers fun for no good reason.

The context matters, in this case, if the killer didn't camp or tunnel or do anything to ruing your fun all game then you are doing this to be obnoxious to someone who really doesn't deserve it.

Once again both sides should have fun, and to do this on the very slight off chance that the killer will miss up isn't going to be fun for the killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,718
    Options

It's so cute when they do this when I don't feel like going to the exit gate, like I can't just...

-mutes TV-

Outplayed, son.

Survivors usually spam noises at me because I'm ignoring them. Every once in a while it's done to screw me up during a chase, but that's rare in my games.

If I spam noise notifications, it's either the beginning of the game and I need to do some stupid challenge or daily ritual and it requires interacting with the killer, or the match has gone sour and I want to surrender. Like, if three survivors DC, I'm not going to go stealthing around the map; I'll spam vault something and the killer can decide how they want to proceed.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

If you're making a point of asking me to say whether I did this, why would I ever say I would if you're gonna insult and belittle then tell me to stop? Like what's the point of telling you.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    edited January 2020
    Options

Had someone do this to me this morning as I was playing on Pale rose. The boat gen was already done and he kept jumping in and out of a locker on the boat. I just took it as this guy isnt being productive, so lets hunt his teammates who ARE working on gens.

I DO wish something would be done about the explosion noises though, since those are deafening when your trying to hear more subtle things like grass moving or a survivor moaning.

@Peanits is there anything that can be done to mute the noise after the first 5 explosions or something?

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

In very specific scenarios. Such as a friend about to die in a chase, I do it to disrupt their hearing. But I've only done it in very specific scenarios.

• BlacktheMew
    BlacktheMew Member Posts: 15
    Options

And you are the one calling others toxic? People are having general discussion and you seem to be here shaming others. I am "high" ranks on pc and while I do get this it doesn't annoy me. Grow some thicker skin. Just like tbagging, there is nothing you can do to make it go away. I actually find it quite funny. Gives me a giggle :>

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

i did this for a bit whenever i played against a spirit to see if that would help my teammates in chase but i couldn't really tell if it did anything

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    Options

I don't do it because I run Quick N Quiet but knowing that it annoys killers, I might take that perk off. If killers are going to lobby dodge, tunnel, slug, camp, target certain player because of skins or items they've earned, and pretty much get butthurt and act like they're the only ones that put money into the game, I'm gonna start being a bit of an a**hole myself. Why is this a forum post when nobody that replies can do anything about your volume settings other than yourself though?

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

Very rarely, but 2 instances I have done it with.

1. They will not get off a teammates booty, because if they want to tunnel someone to death in the first minute of the game, why would I play respectfully. (If it's after a few gens, then fair game, I get it, you need kills and they had a chance to get more than 1k bp).
    2. They have Iron maiden, I will spam tf out of lockers because the constant screams make me giggle. But usually it's running around spamming random lockers, not just the same one over and over.
  • kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

Very annoying to say the least. During the egc I had an injured survivor that I was tracking through the corn maze escape because of this. Couldn't hear anything because of the non-stop explosions.

• LordGlint
    Options

Turning my volume down doesnt help me hear the sounds I WANT to hear, such as grass moving or survivors moaning...like I said.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

I can’t stand it. I’ve never done it as survivor but see it a ton as killer. I think it’s likely swf trying in the weirdest way to distract you. Notice they only do it when you’re in a chase with someone else.

• ppo8820
    Options

I just had a match on swamp. A player went afk with only two survivors alive. I couldn’t kill her or the other would get hatch, so I slugged her. The crows caused explosions for the next 10 minutes while I searched grass for a stupid blendette. Was driving me insane.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    Options

I dunno then. You'd think they'd allow you to adjust it. Seems to be a lot of cause and effect between survivors being jerks and killers being jerks. Neither side wants to back down so unfortunately, those of us that just wanna have fun with a cool game are trapped in the middle and just have to deal with the fallout.

Hopefully you don't get too many matches like that in the future though.

• LordGlint
    Options

Couldve just hooked her near hatch so you could go ahead and close it easily...

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

Sometimes I go and in the most part I kill then. But the reason that they do this is for let the other do gens in peace

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Hate when they do this to me, especially when I'm in the middle of a chase. I've had some tell me they wanted my attention because they were bored, others because they were in a SWF and just wanted to get under my skin.

• Hellra1ser
    Hellra1ser Member Posts: 13
    Options

Eh, I usually come across this when a dedicated runner is trying to get my attention, clicking flashlight, continuously quick vaulting, locker jumping, etc. I just ignore and focus on those working on gens, eventually, they get ballsy enough to chase me while I'm chasing someone else USUALLY giving me a free hit. I don't fall for the dedicated runner, I can tell if they are trying to lead me away from their group or just trying to waste my time. At the end, they're usually the last survivor, but without help to unhook, I just have to hook'em once.

Soooo, although it may seem like tunneling because I won't chase the designated runner, it's just bring smart.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

If there is Iron Maiden I do cuz it cracks me up. I always say "sexy time" and then spam my Nea in and out cuz it's a good laugh.

• ppo8820
    Options

That was the issue. Neither of us could find the damn thing. It wasn’t in any usual spawn locations. Ended up being against wall in back of map. If I’d found it earlier I would have just hooked the afk one ASAP. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever had to look for a hatch that long as killer.

• mouse0270
    Options

The only reason I disagree with you is for the same reason I disagree with tunneling.

Even though it is a legitimate tactic to use, its annoying and makes the game unfun for the other side. You can play this game in a manner that is fun for both sides.

However I am never going to tell people to stop tunneling or jumping in and outta lockers, play how you wanna, just don't get mad when something unfun happens to you because your being unfun.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Yes, to specifically annoy killers. Only in times during the endgame.

• FruityMemes
    FruityMemes Member Posts: 55
    Options

Rushed vaults can be used as a distraction too not just to bother the killer. I almost never spam but I do it once to get them to come to me when I can get out for sure. I'll spam if the killer was like hardcore tunneling me or camping if I'm specifically annoyed with them tho lol

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

The closest thing I've done is just make my survivor scream over and over against a hostage Doc who refused to actually chase or kill anybody out of boredom to try to get him to come chase (but hopefully not kill) me.

I'm not some ape that just will jump through a window for like 30 seconds to be annoying, but some people will spam a couple rushed vaults or something for similar reasons. Trying to get the killer to come chase.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

As a rank 11 survivor,no. I'm trying to keep being as immersed as possible