The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Trapper

King_Checkmate
King_Checkmate Member Posts: 60
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
I went ahead and gave him a try.
Really. A trapper, with ONE bear trap the size of a McNugget? Thats his power?
Or is it the 3 minutes it takes him to place it?
Or maybe the fact he gets trapped in his own traps?

Please explain because even compared to freddy, this guy is pretty lame.

He should be able to carry 3 traps, for them to be less visible and for the traps to be bigger.

And even then i wouldnt use him.

And what the hell is padded jaws add on? Lol

What good is 2000xp per trap if everyone escapes?
Lol at this character. Im sorry trapper mains.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    "I went ahead and gave him a try"
    "Lol at this character"
    So you judge the trapper just by playing him for a few matches?
    The trapper can be very powerful if used well (as many other killers as well ofc)
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

His trap placing is much quicker since the buff. You lose a bit in the early game because of set up but it is all about trap placement, which takes time and experience. He is by no means a high tier killer but once you have the map awareness for proper trap placement he can be quite good, especially with basement builds. If you feel you need the extra traps there is multiple add-ons for him to start with more.

• King_Checkmate

I love how only survivor mains have posted.when i say gave him a try. I meant leveled him up to 30+

I dont undertsand why i have to specify this.

• King_Checkmate

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    I gave Nurse a try, i walked slower than survivors and teleported away from them.

Lol at this character. Im sorry Nurse mains.

I actually am sorry. Nurse and huntress are pretty bad in ps4 thanks to fps.

So im with u on that

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

He's not the greatest, no.

My biggest gripe with him is how easy it is to disarm traps. All it takes is one survivor to come behind you and disarm everything you put down. Really sucks.

Maybe if Trapper didn't waste so much time setting up everything, he wouldn't be so bad.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018

I love how only survivor mains have posted.when i say gave him a try. I meant leveled him up to 30+

Im a Trapper main. P3 LVL 50.

And yes while the Trapper needs a few small changes to be viable he is a decent Killer in an awkward position. He is the most strategic Killer in the game but his rather high skill cap reaps less reward than the others. But played correctly you have a Killer that cant be looped while causing chaos by keeping people hurt and paranoid about traps.

And i dont have to mention the irony when the survivor mains you look down upon are right in saying you misjudged him.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

And yet survivor mains know better about the trapper than you :)
  • Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Since we are talking about the trapper is it just me or are his traps hit boxes small? For example I place a trap that I can’t walk past but lo and behold a wild survivor appears and magically walks past I’m like  :|

Also it never fails I get stuck in a trap playing as survivor and it takes me an eternity to get out but god forbid someone else is stuck in my trap and they get out once without any help  :(
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Everyone has their tastes. I like playing Freddy :chuffed:
    Hate playing Billy tho.

• King_Checkmate

@Vietfox said:
    King_Checkmate said:

Dunning-kruger effect

• ChesterTheMolester

@Vietfox said:
    King_Checkmate said:

Dunning-kruger effect

Take a good look in the mirror. You didn't even unlock his teachables in an event that gives extra BP and claim you got enough experience to make a thread like that.
  • michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458

stack the purple and yellow bag

put 3 traps near the gen you spawn closest to. put 3 traps next to middle gen and test your luck.

• King_Checkmate

@michaelmyers87 said:
    stack the purple and yellow bag

put 3 traps near the gen you spawn closest to. put 3 traps next to middle gen and test your luck.

Advice. I'll take that.
    Im still playing him. Rank 10-12

Didnt do too bad laat match but i still think he should carry at least 2 traps without an add on, and that traps should be slighly bigger. I mean its BEAR traps not hamster traps.

• King_Checkmate
    edited August 2018

King_Checkmate said:

@Vietfox said:

King_Checkmate said:

Dunning-kruger effect

Take a good look in the mirror. You didn't even unlock his teachables in an event that gives extra BP and claim you got enough experience to make a thread like that.

Ah. The "right back at you" no brainer reply.

Had to edit. Im actually still under 30. But still. A character that only works ty to add ons needs to be checked.

Myers can do fine without addons. Or hag. Or doc, or hillbilly.

Meaning they are good chars that get stronger with addons.

Trapper is bad that is ok with addons.

• ChesterTheMolester

King_Checkmate said:

@Vietfox said:

King_Checkmate said:

Dunning-kruger effect

Had to edit. Im actually still under 30. But still. A character that only works ty to add ons needs to be checked.

Trapper has problems, i said it before. But comparing him to Freddy is just flawed. He just isnt ss bad as you think he is. And if you wouldnt use him even with another buff, why bother making this thread?
  • King_Checkmate

King_Checkmate said:

King_Checkmate said:

@Vietfox said:

King_Checkmate said:

I love how only survivor mains have posted.when i say gave him a try. I meant leveled him up to 30+ I dont undertsand why i have to specify this.

Dunning-kruger effect

Trapper has problems, i said it before. But comparing him to Freddy is just flawed. He just isnt ss bad as you think he is. And if you wouldnt use him even with another buff, why bother making this thread?

I understand why a survivor cant understand why i want something buffed that i dont want to use.

I want the game to be better. Not just what i use.
    I started leveling him up cuz i want some of his perks for doc.

I have a level 2o claudette and i dont even feel the need to level her more up to advance, because so far i win consistently, playing solo or with team.

On the other hand my killers need perks, add ons and levels like crazy to stay competitive.

I've played freddy twice thanks to shards and honestly, i admit i am not experienced with him so i dont understand his problems, but i killed 3 in One match and all 4 in the other.

I dont do that well with my mains, with perks....thats why i compared him to painful fingers

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited August 2018

King_Checkmate said:

King_Checkmate said:

@Vietfox said:

King_Checkmate said:

I love how only survivor mains have posted.when i say gave him a try. I meant leveled him up to 30+ I dont undertsand why i have to specify this.

Dunning-kruger effect

I understand why a survivor cant understand why i want something buffed that i dont want to use.

I want the game to be better. Not just what i use.
    I started leveling him up cuz i want some of his perks for doc.

I have a level 2o claudette and i dont even feel the need to level her more up to advance, because so far i win consistently, playing solo or with team.

On the other hand my killers need perks, add ons and levels like crazy to stay competitive.

I've played freddy twice thanks to shards and honestly, i admit i am not experienced with him so i dont understand his problems, but i killed 3 in One match and all 4 in the other.

I dont do that well with my mains, with perks....thats why i compared him to painful fingers

I really hope you don't mean me with that first verse, im a Trapper main that plays ~80% Killer, and i have made quite a few threads that prove it. Don't get deceived by a profile pic.

And yes Trapper is currently relying on addons and perks but every single Killer is. Take away the tracking perks and watch how weak Nurse will suddenly become in comparison to what she is with them. Only Billy and Clown will not take much of a hit. 

Trapper could use some buffs but they don't have to be that much. 

- 1 Trap removed from the map and given to Trapper by default.

- The ability to quickly reset traps on the ground while carrying the max capacity.

- Change the RNG of a trap escape attempt to a press and hold that will take ~10 seconds, affected by perks and addons by both sides. This QOL is benificial for both sides.
  • King_Checkmate

So basically you jist admitted that trapper is weak, needs buffs... which is what this post is about.

On another note. You remove add ons from doc, clown, myers, hillbilly...they are not even close on how bad trappy is.

But oh well.

• JAZC_CR
    JAZC_CR Member Posts: 207

Trapper need some fixes, like start with 2 traps by default, intheir state is no a good choooooise in rank 1

• King_Checkmate

@Peanits said:
    If it took you three minutes to place one trap, I think it's safe to say you did it wrong.

I find him to be pretty good, you just need to use your noodle to predict where they're going to go. Once you've got that nailed down, the small size isn't a factor.

Peanits. I was obviously exaggerating.

What imeant is=
    It takes pretty long. Overall the time you take walking to, pixking up and setting traps gives survs a lot of free time.

I think.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited August 2018

So basically you jist admitted that trapper is weak, needs buffs... which is what this post is about.

On another note. You remove add ons from doc, clown, myers, hillbilly...they are not even close on how bad trappy is.

But oh well.

What freaks me out is that you wrongly compare him with Freddy which made no sense then dismiss any criticism as survivor main propaganda.

2 of my suggested changes are QOL, only one is an actual buff. He is mid-tier with decently high potential.

And Doc and Myers without addons are weaker than Trapper. They will be looped to hell and back which is something you can prevent as a Trapper without addons.

BTW Padded Jaws have no real downside if you play him with the herding playstyle correctly.
  • King_Checkmate

Well i am highly mentally unstable irl so my line of thought tends to be hard to follow. Even for me, molester...

• ChesterTheMolester

Well i am highly mentally unstable irl so my line of thought tends to be hard to follow. Even for me, molester...

https://youtu.be/KNZSXnrbs_k
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

@Peanits said:
    If it took you three minutes to place one trap, I think it's safe to say you did it wrong.

I find him to be pretty good, you just need to use your noodle to predict where they're going to go. Once you've got that nailed down, the small size isn't a factor.

Peanits. I was obviously exaggerating.

What imeant is=
    It takes pretty long. Overall the time you take walking to, pixking up and setting traps gives survs a lot of free time.

I think.

I disagree, I’m a trapper main when I play killer and if you use add ons that allow you to transport extra traps it won’t seem that way ,or  also you could combine a iridescent stone and a honing stone or bloody coil and you will make it a very bad day for those survivors if you know what you’re doing and the random opening traps will give you a surprise in some areas if you haven’t made it over to reset traps in other places.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@King_Checkmate said:
    I went ahead and gave him a try.
    Really. A trapper, with ONE bear trap the size of a McNugget? Thats his power?
    Or is it the 3 minutes it takes him to place it?
    Or maybe the fact he gets trapped in his own traps?

Please explain because even compared to freddy, this guy is pretty lame.

He should be able to carry 3 traps, for them to be less visible and for the traps to be bigger.

And even then i wouldnt use him.

And what the hell is padded jaws add on? Lol

What good is 2000xp per trap if everyone escapes?
    Lol at this character. Im sorry trapper mains.

My recommendation when playing trapper:
    Equip agitation, bring a survivor into the basement, trap up basement, wait for idiot survivors traping themselves

If the survivors have a brain, you are screwed though :lol:

Freddy is considerably weaker though

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Idk... I find it extremely fun and satisfying to put down a few traps and start chasing survivors into your traps.

It is the funniest thing ever being right behind them.. knowing full well they are running straight into your trap.

• Aziux
    Aziux Member Posts: 70

I played doctor and the only one who was screaming was me, sorry doc mains don't know what you put up with, very bad killer man

• King_Checkmate
    Ok. I have to admit i was wrong about the trapper. Hes not ######### at all. (Specially because i love setting traps in all exits. Specially secret hatchet)

But he still needs to be able to carry at least 2 traps. And trap hitbox should be bigger. I insist.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    > @King_Checkmate said: > Ok. I have to admit i was wrong about the trapper. Hes not ######### at all. (Specially because i love setting traps in all exits. Specially secret hatchet) > > But he still needs to be able to carry at least 2 traps. And trap hitbox should be bigger. I insist.

Agreed.