Down with the meta! What are your favourite thematic perks?

For me:

• Calm Spirit, I love the idea of sprinting through the woods not disrupting anything.
  • Boil Over, it feels like my surv is actually fighting for their life
  • Cruel Limits, you finish a gen and you're TRAPPED

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    • borrowed time, I know it’s meta, but I always found the name funny. Like you’re asking to the entity an extra hit, and the entity borrows you the extra hit, but still you have heal from it.
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Agitation. 'You get excited in anticipation of hooking your prey', always loved that thematically.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Windows of Opportunity (It's good to know if someone dropped any pallets that you thought were there a second ago

Boiled Over (It gives me the illusion that I'm wiggle out faster)

No one left behind( Had a game where i unhooked someone so fast)

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Open Handed. I run it with Kindred and Left Behind, plus any other perk i feel like bringing.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

- Q&Q, one of the best perks to confuse the Killer in the game!

• kate_main
    kate_main Member Posts: 178
    edited December 2019

Surge and We'll make it

Also ,I love "We'll make it + second wind " combo uwu

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Devour Hope on Demogorgon. As the prey gets away, he gets stronger and hungrier until he just finally can't take it anymore, and despite the Entity's will, he gets a snack. Having a 1 shot on Demogorgon feels really good, like the hulking monster should.

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558

For survivors, I love all of Adam's perks.

For killers, Make Your Choice is semi-meta, depending on the killer, but such a cool idea. Dark Devotion is another perk I know isn't that good, but seems really cool. Maybe paired with Mint Rag...

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Better Together, I just find it satisfying seeing everyone when a survivor is down.

Aftercare: After saving or healing every other survivor it's very satisfying seeing all the other survivors aruas.

Can't really use these perks at red ranks, especially aftercare because survivors sometimes deliberately run to you to lose the killer.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Diversion, throwing a pebble to distract the killer makes the game feel more fleshed out to me.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited December 2019

Survivor:

Technician: "I love that HALF of my failed skill checks (rare as they may be) don't alert the killer, and that they can't hear me working on a gen until they're 8m away from it."

Botany Knowledge: "33% Heal rate advantage? What's not to like?"

Spine Chill: "Hard counter perk to all Stealth killers and a decent perk against all others? Sign me up!"

Detective's Hunch: "SHOW ME DEM TOTEMS!"

Stake Out: "Technician 2.0, but with a bigger advantage."

Diversion: "Someone's over there Mr. Killer"

Deja Vu: "We're 3 genning ourselves? I gonna stop that crap right now!"

Calm Spirit: "F@$k you Doc, and Spies from the Shadows!"

Killer:

Bloodhound: "You think you can Urban around that corner and lose me? Lol!"

Surge: "You mean I DON'T have to kick every gen around me myself AND I do actual damage to them before they start regressing? Me Likey!" (Big hint to Plague players out there)

Cruel Limits: "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!" - Oni

I'm All Ears: "oh, so you went the OTHER way on that loop, well played... but guess what?"

Hex: Devour Hope: "I've hit 3 tokens... EVERYBODY DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND TRY TO FIND MY TOTEM BEFORE I CAN INSTANTLY END THIS GAME!" (a Special Thank you to the Springwood Reworks)

Spies from the Shadows: BIRDS! "Yeah yeah I know I jus-" BIRDS! "Hang on a second I'll get em, just let m-" BIRDS! "FOR ######### SAKE! You sneaky little bastard, I'm gonna get you as soon as I fin-" BIRDS! "HA!, I have you now you little piece o-" BIRDS! "GAWD you're annoying! But, surprisingly helpf-" BIRDS!... sigh.

Mad Grit: "REAP THE WHIRLWIND!"

Bamboozle: "... a GOD LOOP you say?"

Bitter Murmur: (Terminator voice) "Your Clauds, Give them to me."

• Tr0g
    Tr0g Member Posts: 241

What's up with the Spine Chill love?

Premonition lets you locate the killer before he sees you and it tells you what direction he is coming from.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Premonition has an obnoxious cooldown. I wish I could love it mate but devs are probably too lazy to buff it.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Devour Hope for me. It’s always sad when it gets cleansed before 3 tokens, but the visible panic when I do start oneshotting people is wonderful. No other perk in the game can completely change the way people are playing in a single moment the way Devour can, except maybe NOED, but NOED is purely for the end of the game and I’ve never been as fond of it because of that.

• DeadByGayDwight
    DeadByGayDwight Member Posts: 58
    • Autodidact: "My teammate is downed? Lemme use my 5 stacks for an instaheal."

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Mounstrous shrine

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Solidarity with my healing builds. Surprisingly useful!

Poised, because... damn, that time is so useful.

FlipFlop, great info for healing builds, interchangeable with Babysitter.

Fixated, god tier and good info tell.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I love alert and the new kindred is a godsent

On killer agitation is great, especially when you get that hit against a survivor that didn't expect you to go that fast when trying to bodyblock

And something about bloodhound just feels good too

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I love alert and the new kindred is a godsent

On killer agitation is great, especially when you get that hit against a survivor that didn't expect you to go that fast when trying to bodyblock

And something about bloodhound just feels good too

• qwopper47
    qwopper47 Member Posts: 40

HEX: The Third Seal.

I like the idea of blinding survivors. Makes solo survivors need to remember where people were hooked, or wonder if anyone is coming for them at all. For SWFs, I like it when people yell at each other, "I'm here! Where are you going?! How can't you see me?!?".

Not always effective, but gives a different dimension to the game.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I use Saviours Gambit in most of my builds these days.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

I'm really addicted to Empathy. It's such a useful perk, especially as a solo survivor

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

My personal favorites

Headon: (this one is iffy, meta or not) gives you the chance to fight back.

Up the ante: Having extra luck is always a blessing in disguise.

Diversion: I need some breathing room from the killer

Flip Flop: it's just a really fun perk, situational as heck though.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

How do I get those mixed up? :(

Yes, that’s it. Whoops.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Here is meta

NO MITHER

SECOND WIND

SELF CARE

SOLIDARITY

WHATS THE KILLER GONNA DO HUH? KILL YOU?

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I've actually got two thematic builds for killers

For Demogorgon run Stridor, Bloodhound, Enduring and either Lightborn or Brutal Strength. Thanks again to @Plu for that build.

For my next one, it's "discount Jason"

For Trapper run Brutal Strength, Spirit Fury, Enduring and a perk of your choosing.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,529

Iron Maiden, because reloading hatchets faster is great. Getting info on people who try to hide from BBQ is also great.

Deerstalker, because slugging and switching targets with Huntress is really good.

I'm a sucker for Head On too. It's just too much fun, even if it gets me killed most of the time.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited December 2019

I love running Head On and Q&Q together. It's so fun to jump into a locker and stun the killer making them fear every locker lol

Other combos/non-meta perks I like to use are:

• Dark sense and Poised
    • Better Together and Prove thyself
    • Fixated
    • Inner Strength
    • Kindred
    Post edited by Boosted_Dwight on
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Surge.

It's not a great perk in terms of strategical effectiveness, but it certainly has a satisfying impact to it's activating.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

You filthy genriusher you! Like that combo too as solo.

Kindred + Open Handed is brilliant. Tell others in chat they should bring in their favourite arua perk if they want to make use of Open Handed.

And I had quite a bit fun recently with Breakout and MoM, combined with a Styptic medkit.

And I like to run botany knowledge, to make even yellow medkits with brown and yellow speed addons brutally effective

• I had some off meta builds for Legion; but they used some on hit effects so I'm not allowed to use those anymore- thanks BHVR =/

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Kindred <3