The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I've never seen this much outrage...

CrowFoxy
CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Out of any changes, even nurse this is the worst. Devs, I would take this to heart.

Comments

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

It's just compounding I think. Obviously survivors buy more cosmetics so get catered to. It's just starting to get old really.

• UncannyLuck
    UncannyLuck Member Posts: 210

Err, I've seen lots of people complain about how it takes a 4k to black pip at red ranks. Fixing the gate keeper emblem is a step towards addressing that complaint, no?

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

I hear that since 2016 and people still keep playing it.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I still think the worst change they ever made was removing the timing requirements for pallet and flashlight saves.

But yeah, this one is bad too.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Then destroying ruin immediately "unfixes" that issue. Fairly hard to have a match where you will pip when gens are being blown through.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

PTB will be very interesting tomorrow.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

I think Exhaustion, Freddy release and DS changes were the most outrage I've seen. Surprisingly not as much complaining with the insta-heals as I expected. With these changes though I think it's the second worst series of post but imo for good reason. The reasoning for Doc changes only had survivor in mind with how it's worded and is quite disrespectful. Not even a fake "We made this change for a quality of life reason for killers"

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

Personally I don't care about my emblems I'm still going to have a bad time if I'm playing an M1 killer that can't traverse the map by the time a gen pops.

Like emblems to me mean nothing when reaching Rank 1 doesn't even do anything so why should I care about rank?

• DBDfan12
    DBDfan12 Member Posts: 163

you did the right thing. i play survivor and killer

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    edited January 2020

The reason for the outrage isn't the nerf itself. The fact that you don't acknowledge that makes us feel like you're deafened to our opinions.

It's about the fact that you saw something that has been used on a large scale...and instead of asking WHY that is the case...WHY it's being used so heavily....and trying to remedy WHY...you just nerf it into obscurity. That's not how balance works. Then again - at this point, expecting BHVR to know about balance is like expecting an apple to taste like a peach. After all, your history with balance is atrocious. But hey, I guess we should just all go play Civilization.

I don't mean that as disrespect. I'm just telling it like it is. At this point, your studio has made itself into a living meme with a barrage of terrible decisions, and buggy updates over the last 3+ years. People would be more inclined to take you guys at your word more if you proved that you listen equally to both sides.

• last0ne
    last0ne Member Posts: 88

Very true mostly why I'm mad feels non stop with the nerfs...an sounds have been bugged for killers for over a month

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

Not just sounds. Almost every killer has major bugs, and they don't get dealt with, but nerfs for killers can be programed in at Mach 5.

Wraith still gets flashlight burned into his cloaked form instead of uncloaked, so you can be chain burned until their flashlights run out.

Billy still gets Ghost saws.

Hag randomly does 360s like she thinks she is a survivor.

Doctor's shocks are completely inconsistent on when they stop survivors from vaulting/dropping pallets.

Huntress Hitboxes 2020.

Plague can vomit on survivors who do the physical reaction and the coughing, then don't get sickened.

Ghostface can be broken out of stealth around corners and through some walls.

Not to mention just last game, I got stuck in 3 different grab animations as Wraith where I managed to pull someone off a gen, but they walked off while I was stuck in the animation, not only denying the grab, but also not even giving a hit.

And those are just the BUGS. Not the nerfs. Not the things done intentionally to make them weaker. These are the things that aren't supposed to happen. Some of these are absolutely gamebreaking for the killer, but killers are second class, so they don't get fixed.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I have. The healing changes last year. The DS changes too. It is just different because it is killers this time. Seriously, wait to see how it functions.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Your arrogance is going to be the death of this game. I know you're gambling that killers are still going to play, but I don't see it happening. Unless something gets done about the broken maps and gen times, no killer is going to want to play. Can you rebuild your killer base from scratch?

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Imagine having tons of informed players telling you why this is a poor change -AT THIS TIME- and still thinking you know better. That level of arrogance, ignorance, or whatever we're calling it at this point isn't just astounding, it's a superpower.

• SafetyOff
    SafetyOff Member Posts: 68

Good, cause killers are broken and deserve the nerfs. Every other game killer gets 4 kills, sometimes ends games in 3-5 min. Killers have so many advantages over survivors. Faster MS, blink abilities, gap closers, instant downs. Mori, busted addons that almost guarantee a win. No survivor addon guarantees you a win. Maybe a key is the strongest thing survivors have and you still have to fix 4 gens to even be able to use it.

Tons of passive perks that are extremely strong and "fire and forget" design. Meaning you just slap it on, and get massive use out of them, referring to lot of the Hex perks. That's why Hex: Ruin is getting nerfed.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046
    edited January 2020

The only thing that is proven once again:

The DBD Community is the best in crying without testing. Neither of the persons who complain tested the new Ruin and neither of them tested to play with other Perks instead of Ruin.

Quite a shame that the DBD Community is such a whiny mess.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Exactly.

I think the Ruin change is not needed at all, but what happens here at the forums right now is a little too much crying imo. Especially when I read that players want to punish other players with most toxic playstyles for the decision the Devs made. What the hell...?

I'm gonna stop playing for a week or so until they all calmed down a bit or used up their ebony moris. Don't want to deal with these outraged people atm.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

I mean, I also have no problem with current Ruin. I guess I will profit, because I cannot sit on a Gen with a Potato anymore who cannot hit Skill Checks (I hit them 9/10, so Ruin did not matter that much for me, but I also have 3K hrs, so I should be able to hit Ruin Skill Checks, lol). But I would not have asked for a change (more like that Hex Totems should be more hidden, but this is nothing that only I would like to have).

But I highly dislike the amount of Threads that is coming up with all this negativity. Most likely because 90% of those players will still continue playing the game and continue playing Killer.

And coming up with toxic playstyles.. Why punishing Survivors for a change they did not ask for? No reason to punish people with Moris, who might not even know that the Forum exist or never interacted with any Social Media Presence of BHVR. And those will most likely be the vast majority of players.

• Infckingcredible
    Infckingcredible Member Posts: 145

Well... I don't really see a point in buying a skin for a first person killer i won't even see the whole game (if not using a mori). So, yeah...

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201

They changed Ruin because everyone is a god that can pressure 7 gens at once right