Bot survivors

Ive seen a few people say that computer bots playing as survivor would be terrible... is that really true?

Like I think it would be super easy to create bots that would dominate without even putting that much logic in it...

If being chased... loop nearest pallet, if not work generator... drop pallet if killer gets close..

I think the killer would get wrecked every match

Comments

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited August 2018
    Well, yes, game developers can create bots that choose the best outcomes to outplay you.

Robots are faster than humans usually.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Oh please, these developers even forgot to test the new Nurse's lunge. She had a double stun every time she hit a survivor after a blink.

Their bots would run in circles.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Ive seen a few people say that computer bots playing as survivor would be terrible... is that really true?

Like I think it would be super easy to create bots that would dominate without even putting that much logic in it...

If being chased... loop nearest pallet, if not work generator... drop pallet if killer gets close..

Sadly devs don't even manage to get the easiest things done.
    If you wanna have a preview for Dbd Ai,  take a look at the tutorial

But I think we will soon need a killer ai such that survivors can still play the game they are forming right now
  • tronixton
    tronixton Member Posts: 15
    Master said:

But I think we will soon need a killer ai such that survivors can still play the game they are forming right now

As far as I'm aware, the AI survivors in the tutorial are all actually scripted and have no processing actions, so calling them AI is a bit of a stretch
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    tronixton said:
    Master said:

As far as I'm aware, the AI survivors in the tutorial are all actually scripted and have no processing actions, so calling them AI is a bit of a stretch
    This. They're basically just running away from you to the closest node. They're not intelligent in the slightest. Everything they do in the tutorial is hard-coded in. It's enough to teach a new player the mechanics, but that's it.

Going way back, I wouldn't want a looping AI. It would only be worth doing if they could dynamically run chases, but that's just not realistic, and certainly not worth the time it would take to make.
  • ValentinaCutie
    ValentinaCutie Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2018
    I've encountered bot killers in public matches alot. The doctor, huntress, clown, trapper, and pig. All stood in one spot, repeatedly swinging their weapon, or just standing there. Free blood points for me and my friends