Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Now that we have all (hopefully) calmed down a bit, what do you think about 3.5.0 as a whole? Ruin, Gatekeeper, Doctor and Lery's being the highlights of the patch.

What did you like, what did you dislike, what do you think could be done to improve what you didn't like, what would you like to see more of, ect, ect.

I'll start, I didn't like the timing of the Ruin change, I understand why it had to happen, but it could've come at a better time and the perk could've been better overall. Gatekeeper being changed is good. Doctor seems to be more fluid overall and he seems better. Lery's, well, I like the theme and how it looks, though, I am not sure I like how it plays.

I would love to see more custom chase music and I would like to see Haddonfield or Rotten Fields reworked.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Wraith's super-lunge should be fixed, so i'm gonna be happier.

• Pulsar
    edited January 2020

Ooo, I forgot about that! Is Spirit's being fixed too? I know hers' was bugged as well.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Really happy about that one myself. I love playing a race car Wraith from time to time, and that lunge bug made it way less effective.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Boring and disappointing update tbh. For me it can be delayed or removed. Wish we could have more updates like this one with legion changes and kindred 🥰🥰🥰

• Pulsar
  • Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

The good:

I think Doctor's change was cool but the cool down between the shock and his attack is too high. Also it would be nice if the shock radius was bigger.

The map rework is stunning and beautiful!

The bad:

The Ruin changes came at a pretty bad time. The maps are extremely unbalanced and matchmaking is messed up with red ranks being put with green ranks. Now killers are going to have a rough time and any changes that BHVR plans to do will likely take months to push out so I'm expecting a bit of a killer drop soon.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited January 2020

I’d like to see more of Lery’s. Feels like it has been buffed for survivors a bit?

I was checking totem locations too as they were often a pain on Lerys. There seems to be less in corners and I notice they all tend to be hidden within something now so that you can only see them from specific angles. The one upstairs at the very end of the balcony area hidden behind a cabinet at the end, very sneaky 😉

Doctors static blast is very useful, perhaps OP at actually finding survivors. Theres no chance of hiding lol

His shock was awful on the ptb but they’re shrinking the 3 second window so hopefully it feels better on the live version.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Hex protector Wraith with speed add-ons is super fun and nets you a lot of BP, if you have never tried it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

I think.... nerfing ruin but not addressing other concerns around it at the same time was a poor move.

that their reasoning behind everything sounds faulty, and misguided.....

that the actual changes to ruin however are good themselves and I support them.....

that not fixing matchmaking and ranking this update was a huge mistake and a much bigger problem than ruin ever was or could be, and it shows a serious priority issue over at BHVR. Nothing else matters more than fixing that right now. Not just a tweak or a bandaid fix either, it needs to be totally overhauled.]

Edit: Oh and I think once they implement the changes to doctor for live they said they would, that his changes will be fantastic and make him a far better and more reliable killer, and more interesting and less frustrating to play both as and against.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2020

The Ruin changes are bold, but as long as changes are made in the next update or so to balance the game around it I'm ok with that. I've already stopped using Ruin and it's giving me more variety in my builds and making me a better player by not relying on it for slowdown (though I still have games where the gens simply go too quick and I don't have enough time to do anything about it).

As a former Doctor main, I am very excited for his update to go live! I think Static Blast is miles better than Static Field was. The two most concerning issues I had have already been addressed (delay and cooldown of shock therapy). Once those are given the proper treatment, I think he will be in a decent spot. Probably not top tier, but much better than he was. I'm also tickled pink they gave him custom chase and menu music. It really gives him more character and I hope they do this for all of the killers eventually.

I don't think Lery's was in need of a rework as much as all of the maps that came before it. However, I can't complain much because it does make sense to go along with the Doctor rework and it looks/sounds amazing! I honestly think it is one of the best maps in the game now as far as design and theme goes. Not sure yet how it fares gameplay-wise.

Really glad Wraith and Spirit's lunge were fixed. That definitely needed to happen.

I have been loving Oni so I am really excited to try out his flick changes! He's definitely challenging to play on console so I really hope this update gives him the control he needs to be more deadly in Blood Fury.

Lastly, I do wish killer sound was addressed more in this update. A lot of players have been pointing it out and it's starting to become a big problem. You can't hear footsteps in chase or hear survivors on the ground. It's making killer gameplay more frustrating than it needs to be. So hopefully that is addressed soon.

• gorgono1
    gorgono1 Member Posts: 43

Team-Designers are awesome

Team-Balance are clueless

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Still bugs that were reported last patch that are still not fix if going by the PTB build.

Speaking of the PTB, I fully expect those "known issues" to make it to the live build.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    edited January 2020