3.7.0 PTB | Known Issues

Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

Below you can find a list of some of the most commonly reported issues from the 3.7.0 PTB. Please note that this is not a complete list of issues.

If you encounter a bug that's not mentioned below, please check if your issue is reported here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/3-7-0-ptb-bug-reporting

If you'd like to give feedback on the changes in the PTB, please do so here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/3-7-0-ptb-feedback

Known Issues

The Doctor's VFX are too intense

The static effect that appears on screen when playing as or against The Doctor will cover the entire screen and flash, causing eye strain.

All Mother's Dwelling windows spawn open

In the PTB, all windows in the main building of Mother's Dwelling spawn open. This is not intended.

Survivors can vault a window while staggered from a drop

A Survivor that falls from a significant height is staggered briefly, preventing them from moving. If the Survivor lands within the interaction zone of a window, they are able to skip the stagger and vault the window. This happens most notably on Coal Tower.

Chainsaw issues

We are investigating reports of chainsaws behaving unexpectedly, including stuttering animations and the power not activating as expected.

Post edited by Peanits on

Comments

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Motherā€™s house has never been considered OP. Especially since most survivors have no clue how to run it, and thatā€™s ONLY if you get the good RNG.

Another bug: I saw on Tru3ā€™s stream that cancelling Huntress hatchet will cause your screen to move a certain direction after the animation ends.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Really? That comes as a shocker to me... I always felt that the house was a really good loop with the right RNG. Always got excited when I got that map.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
  • Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

Wait so are ONLY the Mother's Dwelling windows bugged ?? Does that mean the Coldwind windows are NOT - for example on rancid or factured where both windows are opened ?

• Bill_I_Am__Overbeck
    Bill_I_Am__Overbeck Member Posts: 312

Guys, forget about the rest of the bugs. You're missing the important part that Peanits mentioned!

I hate when I'm staggered from a drop, because it prevents my survivor from movie.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I'm not sure it takes longer, though. I think it's the animation that's slowed down, giving the appearance that it takes longer. Take it with a grain of salt, I haven't tried it myself, just seen streamers.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

While youā€™re at it, how about fixing the Hillbilly false chainsaw hit? Itā€™s been there for years!

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

That the goal of the patch getting rid of god loop following this by a loop then another loop then another loop then another loop in this patch what i saw was loop then you try to juke to go in another loop unless you get mother dwelling you should just go afk if your the killer and you get this map XD

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited April 2020

I really hope the "stagger/vault issue" will become a feature, otherwise these drops and windows dont make any sense. And yeah, Deadzones doesnt mean missing pallets, it means missing entirely anything. there are so many spaces that do not have anything to defend, you just can run a straight line to the next tile for literally half the map.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

Nurse non being able to turn animore wile blinking, is that a bug or intended?

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Nurse nerfed again or is it a bug

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Garbage patch next nerf would probably be you can only vault windows once. Damn Im scared that i even just said that.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

I think my favourite part of this patch is that you can tell which survivors were the ones to hump god windows just by how much they're whining

Will Hillbilly's nerfed curve be fixed as well? I know you said in Zubat's stream that you had to uncouple it from controller sens due to the new max sensitivity cap, but will it at least be returned to it's previous 100% value? It feels reeeeally bad right now.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

So theres no gens there either, so why do survivors need to go there so bad? Seems to me you would try and avoid these areas as much as possible, but who knows... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Well, if they're adjusting window logic then a bug related to it is pretty much expected. They might have typed a number wrong or something while they were changing it.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,075

Nurse has a reduced camera sensitivity while blinking.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

Did you actually try timing it tho? I saw it LOOKS slower in ptb,but is it actually slower? The animation might be causing it.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Hmm well none of the regulars are complaining. They love the changes and are still escaping just fine. Go watch some of tru3's streams since the patch. He's still eating killers alive, monto still is, and every other one I watch. Adapt dude. Why would you go to the dead zones anyway? There's NOTHING THERE! Not even a gen, so, why even go there unless it's absolutely necessary? šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I know which you mean, but it is anyway a very unsave window so it isnt that much of a big deal imo. But still yes its a annoying bug thought!

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Umm.. what about how Ivory Mori's can currently be used to kill all survivors? It works just like an Ebony Mori now.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

The Iron Works main building is still a problem that has one of those windows you guys were trying to get rid off:

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

I dont see any mentions of these, so I'm going to put them on here:

1. Billy's addons to give him more turn during his chainsaw now seem to decrease his turn instead (or at least do not work at all).

2. I've had experiences of hits passing through survivors. Unless you made hits server based now, which brings me to...

3. Idk if this is a glitch, but I've had a steady 150 ping playing recently. I have a 500+ mbps download speed, and a 300+ mbps upload speed while playing, so I shouldn't have this bad of ping.

• ClumsyBunny
    ClumsyBunny Member Posts: 48

Can you fix keys hair in her flower in the dark outfit there is no motion to it. It does not move at all.

• 5courseNeal
    5courseNeal Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020

Window vaults are broken fast vault - slow.... always getting hit through windows...or I just have bad ping lol

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

So you're not gonna address at all the whole "Dead zones everywhere" issue that almost everyone is talking about?

This is a huge deal and survivors can't just hope to NEVER run into those zones if there are way too many in a chase without running straight to the killer's side and getting hit.

I don't believe that this is written anywhere in your patch notes and it is affecting the surv gameplay way too much.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Dev's want survivors to run into killers arms now, they not gonna fix dead zones

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited April 2020

Lol Balanced Landing nerf? Hahahahahahahahahah. Wow people still think that was a nerf and not a needed balance change.

šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚

Also, you can SILL USE THAT LOOP with balanced. You just cant abuse it.

• bunnibeetea
    bunnibeetea Member Posts: 72

The grab glitches on console are ######### absurd, I've been grabs by at least like 20 grabs in the past week when the game literally shows the animation for a split second before literally locking you in place while you watch the survivor run away from you. I hope they fix this sometime

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

I'll be honest, balanced was kinda powerful, but I dont think a nerf was needed to it. There was only 1 real map that it was truly broken on, and instead of fixing the map (which that loop is still basically a near infinate), they gutted the perk that was needed. If I had the choice, it would have been:

1. Remove the exhaustion part

Or

2. Make the landing reduction 30%/40%/50%

But hey, my ideas are different.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    edited April 2020

The reason the perk was nerfed to how it is was so the devs can play around drops a bit more freely. Just think of the oni map with new balances landing.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

So, I'm not noticing the specific Doctor issue that you've mentioned here. I am noticing a particular problem with Doctor just with frame-rates in general.

I'm normally the last person to complain about frame-rates and all that, but currently I'm noticing on my Xbox One S that games with Doctor have more jumps from a survivor's side than appearing static effects. People have messaged me after games wondering what type of internet problems I have, that don't appear on any other killer.

One game I've had, there were two survivors with one on hook, that were FLYING. Slowly rising into the air and unable to do anything. And yes, I (should) have a recording, if I can work out how to get it off my console.

Just wondering if this is a known issue and will be fixed soon, or if I'm going to have to submit a bug report.

• Charmedndangero
    Charmedndangero Member Posts: 3

When will Xbox get the DBD 3.7.0 update?

• MamaEagle
    MamaEagle Member Posts: 115

Ok so... This isn't really a "bug" or anything "game breaking" as much as it is completely ignorant on the end of development... I understand there is a DC penalty and I think it's a great idea to have one. But Spectrum, you know "Time Warner Cable" provide decent internet service (up until it crashes or just hiccups enough that I get disconnected from a game for about a minute or two.) Yeah well, onwards to my point... I'm not purposely disconnecting from my games, this is something entirely out of my hands. I have probably been disconnected about a total of 4-5 times in the past 2 days and I just got disconnected, so now I have a ban of 1 entire hour... In two days with only 4-5 disconnections that weren't even voluntary?? I can understand again someone just leaving a game... But seriously??? An hour?? Why even have the game installed if I can't even play it because every other 1 out of 15 games disconnects me? I'm literally afraid to play the game at all now because the damn timer keeps climbing... We don't need to NOT have a DC penalty, we need to have a damn limit on it, or something that helps to detect whether or not you lost internet or your chord was pulled (and I know it's hard to do that, but given how some players can't stand the thought of losing... Thank you btw for being the reason BHVR does this DC penalty) I can't even play a game I enjoy anymore.

• SpawnaMeonTheHook
    SpawnaMeonTheHook Member Posts: 8

Honestly I'm cool with the God loops having a weakness, just feel this patch is overall bad.

The good loops should have been solved with breakable walls. Not by handing a free hit and removing fast vault angles. This is a joke. This patch should have solved God loops with breakable walls, ended the bloodlust crutch. And addressed map size.

Next patch should have taken a look at tile spawns elsewhere but BHVR can't figure out how to not balance with a sledgehammer.

Let's also take a look at hit boxes and and mori/keys

Which I suggest being mori doesn't activate until death hook and keys open the hatch for a much shorter time. Possibly even only one person.

I would say I play 50/50 killer and survivor

Play swf with my friends and killer when solo

Remember the goal for balance is killer gets a 2k

Not for the killer to just mow everyone down for the 4k every game.