Head On

Why does head on say it takes 3 seconds to activate but if timed it takes longer than 3 seconds. Honestly it being an exhaustion perk I don't understand why it needs a timer at all to begin with

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

It takes 3 seconds because it stuns for 3 seconds. It's a trade so you don't get more distance than SB, BL, or Lithe. Would you rather it activate immediately but stun for 0 seconds?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,958

The perk doesn't take longer than 3 seconds to activate - and if it does, this is not intended. BUT it only begins to activate once the character model is fully in the locker, which is why you might feel it takes longer than 3 seconds before it's ready to activate.

• G1ng3rBreadMan
    G1ng3rBreadMan Member Posts: 27

That logic is incorrect because with the other exhaustion perks it's 3 seconds at 150% speed so you will get more distance than head on allows also you don't get to move right after head on because you still stuck in the animation so if that truly was the reason for having to wait 3 seconds then their reasoning is wrong so doesn't matter anyways whether it's a trade off or not therefore. Also I can understand there being some kind of timer but 3 seconds is kinda long especially when there doesn't have to be a timer anyways

• G1ng3rBreadMan

You know what the timing is actually my bad i was basing off a match where I jumped in a locker after a nurses second blink, I was in the locker and she was able to finish her fatigue and pull me out before head on was up when her fatigue after 2 blinks is 2.5 seconds so the fact I was in the locker before it started and she was able to pull me out before head on was active so i was like no way that's 3 seconds but then found out she had fatigue cooldown add ons but still don't think head on needs a 3 second timer anyways

• liarcy
    liarcy Member Posts: 160

it has a timer so you don’t just hop in n out instantly to get the stun with almost no risk.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The timer is to add risk and planning. You know so you can get a free stun because you hop in a locker for a fraction of a second mid-chase

• G1ng3rBreadMan

but it is an exhaustion perk so it's not like you can keep doing it over and over, you get your speed boost right as you vault with Lithe or drop of a height with Balance Landing

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2020

I feel head on could probably stun for an extra second and still be balanced as it does not grant a speed boost and is difficult to land from a pure balance perspective - however the fact that head on disempowers the killer in a non-competitive game it's probably tuned just right.

• Waffleyumboy

3 seconds at 150% speed is a max of 6 meters gained...3 seconds of free 100% speed is 12 meters gained, I think Head On deserves the wind-up.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Thats entirely wrong. The timer is 3s but you it just starts if you stand in a locker which takes additional time. Also I really doubt its 3s. If I try stopping time its alsways between 4 and 5 seconds. Also the stun doesnt give you back 3s of time, its less due to animations your character goes through. Head On still doesnt have a radius indicator, which is highly needed to see if it even would hit with this goddamn awful hitboxes. Also often you get hit first and the stun comes second to that, if the stun even happens, which also happens quite often. Head on is probably the worst inconsistent perk in the game. And like always: devs dont care.

• Waffleyumboy

I'm sure those animations make my point entirely null xD

If Head On is so inconsistent how do you explain Ayrun's Head On video?

• Magikazam
    Magikazam Member Posts: 182

Or maybe locker weren't designed to be safe heaven that put the killer in state were he has to stop spending time on you and go anywhere else or get stun for 3 sec. God forbid the killer get a 3 second windows where he can act, and where you still do bait and mind game.

• LetsPlayTogether

I really dont care what this video is about and i dont want to see it, cause those videos are no evidence at all. Theyre just trying to make it look like something it isnt. Like those stupid threads with "look gens fly so hard" and in the end they get 4k or "hey mm is soo bad i get matched with reds all day long" but hey on the same screenshot they get 4ks. that just faking issues.

• Waffleyumboy

Ayrun's video shows how consistently Head On can be used, that's why I mentioned it. If you're having problems with the perk, might want to check your Internet connection.

• LetsPlayTogether

My connection is pretty fine. And the perk is far away from being consistent. But hey, i can also make videos looking DH being perfectly consistent. Like I said, its just faking issues.

• Waffleyumboy

If you can make a video showing DH being consistent, that means people who have it inconsistent have a personal problem. Be that strategy, connection, or whatever. Many don't realize this because they want everything to work exactly how they want instead of adapting to how they actually work.

• josh6_66
    josh6_66 Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2020

head on's 3 sec activtion time has nothing to do with the 3 second stun. the 3 second activation time is to Prevent you from using it when the killer knows you went in the locker to head on him. what i mean by that is so you can't go into a locker after a hit or when he is picking someone up in front of a locker or something like that. the Purpose of head on is to stun him when he wants to upen the locker not to stun him mid chase or sth. of course with luck or in a SWF you can also use it when he just walks past the locker.

Post edited by josh6_66 on
  • Kon
    Kon Member Posts: 76

sry but are you saying it knows when the char is fully in the locker between slow and fast. i dont mean to criticize but judging by the coding team and minor in depth detail that bhvr seems to focus on rather than other major problems. i have a hard time believing thats the case

• Waffleyumboy

How come it can still be used in chase? If devs really wanted it not to they would've made the timer 10 seconds or something.

• josh6_66
    josh6_66 Member Posts: 23

well if you use it in chase you either sacrifice a lot more distance than you gain because the killer has to be miles away or you hop into the locker with Q&Q and the killer needs some seconds to notice what is going on, after he wants to open the locker (first scenario i mentioned) or he is completelly lost and that he walks by your locker is complete luck (second scenario i mentioned). what i am saying is that its not intended to use it during chase to gain distance not that its impossible. Ofc it is possible but it is more a gimmic, not a viable strategy.

same with any means necessary for example. there is a 4 sec activation time so you cant just pick a pallet up mid chase to stun the killer twice, but to reset pallets the killer didnt kick. Still its possible to use it during a chase either if the killer is a bit lost and doesnt know where you are for 4 sec or if he keeps doubeling back for 4 sec to mindgame you and you just reset it.

I hope you get what I mean now

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

With headon, the killer is at 0% movement speed and the survivor at 100%. With other speed bost exhaustion perks, the killer is at 115% (or 110%) so not even half of the distance possible you get from Head On

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the 3 second requirement is a thing, so the perk doesnt get used as an aggressive perk during chases.

its ment to get you out of a sticky situation, not extend the loops by giving you a free stun mid chase.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its a meme perk.

however, on a coordinated SWF it can also be extremely strong and super annoying for the killer - just because survivors know where their Head On friends are in lockers, while the killer doesnt. so they can easily lure him over there and then a healthy survivor can just head on stun the killer mid chase and take the aggro off the injured one.

also i tend to get hit by it while im already in the locker opening animation a lot. guess latency really hates me sometimes :/

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Not sure about the duration of the head on animation. But 150% and 115% means 1.4m per second that the survivor gains -> 4.2 m in total compared to 12m. Now guessing, how long the stagger for BL is after dropping, if there is any kind of delay after a vault and how long the Head On animation takes

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I got Head On’d by two survivors in lockers next to each other the other day. One jumped out and stunned me, then as soon as I recovered from the stun and moved the other one followed suit. The sort of play only people in SWF can realistically pull off but I was too impressed to be annoyed honestly. I imagine it would tilt a lot of players to suffer that though, it would’ve tilted me when I was newer to the game.