The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If its impossible to get cosmetics for licensed characters, then please do more original killers

Someissues
Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

Seeing as there is still 0 cosmetics for any licensed killers, it's very likely we will never get them

I'd rather have original killers with 10 skins over a licensed killer with 0 skins

not only that, all the licensed killers are pretty weak, and weaker than original killers except Wraith (Which is getting buff)

the best killers are all original

Comments

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

there are 4 cosmetics for leatherface

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    They made all of the licensing deals before the cosmetic store release. Maybe now, if they were to pull in another licensed killer, they'll toss a few cosmetic options into their negotiations. 🤷‍♀️
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

I'm hoping with the new halloween coming out that we could see the new daddy Myers mask and an update to Laurie... but it's prolly highly unlikely. A girl can dream.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Dying for Pig cosmetics. :(

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

The lack of licensed killer skins don't really bother me. Would they be a nice addition? Absolutely! However I don't wanna see them stop adding licensed killers just because they can't make other costumes for them, at least until they add Pinhead.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    They did say that they would talk to the license holders. But it would take some time. 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

@Action_Jaxon said:
    The lack of licensed killer skins don't really bother me. Would they be a nice addition? Absolutely! However I don't wanna see them stop adding licensed killers just because they can't make other costumes for them, at least until they add Pinhead.

My thoughts as well. That's not to say that I don't want original killers (I'm happy with either), but if there's an awesome licensed one up for grabs, I wouldn't want to miss out over a couple extra skins.

In any case, additional cosmetics for licensed killers/survivors are not off the table, they just need to be approved by their owners first. You can't just play dress up with someone else's Barbie without asking first, basically, they'd get mad at you. At least that's the really simple way to put it.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Peanits said:

@Action_Jaxon said:

My thoughts as well. That's not to say that I don't want original killers (I'm happy with either), but if there's an awesome licensed one up for grabs, I wouldn't want to miss out over a couple extra skins.

In any case, additional cosmetics for licensed killers/survivors are not off the table, they just need to be approved by their owners first. You can't just play dress up with someone else's Barbie without asking first, basically, they'd get mad at you. At least that's the really simple way to put it.

My only thing with this is BHVRs killers are way better than any of the licensed ones. I've never enjoyed their licensed stuff as it comes out - their original ideas are always the most fun, barr Mikey of course, he's legendary.

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

@Someissues said:
    Seeing as there is still 0 cosmetics for any licensed killers, it's very likely we will never get them

I'd rather have original killers with 10 skins over a licensed killer with 0 skins

not only that, all the licensed killers are pretty weak, and weaker than original killers except Wraith (Which is getting buff)

the best killers are all original

Looks like your wish might be granted as far as new cosmetics for licensed killers, judging by what was said on the dev stream today.

• Warmbeano
    Warmbeano Member Posts: 10

cote in the stream today actually said that they are working on trying to get cosmetics for the licensed characters lets hope :)

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Peanits said:

@Action_Jaxon said:

Makes sense, I hate when other people play dress up with my Barbies as well.