Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Bullying what should we do?

Hi, I have a friend and she’s being bully and stalked by a guy. She has blocked him on switch and social media sites, but he keeps making false accounts to try and get to her. He has found her multiple times in game and camped her on hook, “tunneled” (I say that in parenthesis because I know it’s not actually a thing) her off hook, hooked her again, and then stood there watching her while hitting her on the hook until she either gives up or dies. Afterwards he posted the footage to his social media accounts calling her vulgar names and slandering her. Those posts have been reported and removed for hate speech (he has also been removed from some fb groups because of said hate speech). The cycle of mental abuse continues though. Now, he’s created a false fb account and contacted all of us trying to get into our group for a “mori hit list of players he hates”. When confronted he says he “doesn’t know who that person is”... the next sentence he says “oh that’s because I hate the guy in dbd.” This has made playing the game for her very difficult, so much so that she won’t play unless we’re on because we are from a different country than her and she can play on our servers away from him and his partner (who will get in the lobby with her and work with him to get her). She has since stopped playing with this person all together. Unfortunately, because of this, she has lost that person as a friend. What do we do to stop this abuse and bully all together? She’s afraid he’s going to find a way to get on our servers and attack us just to get at her. Please Help! This has got to stop.

Comments

• inbiergebaden
    inbiergebaden Member Posts: 10

This is already a case for the police, in my opinion

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395

Change friend code. Change screen name. Change avatar and hide activity. He will never find your friend again.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

This is absolutely disgusting, but I did hear something about when crossplay is a thing we can save friends in the game. If that proves true I'll definitely add your friend and make it so she can avoid these people.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

1) What that guy is doing in-game is "targeting" (bannable offense). If you manage to gather obvious footage and messages:

Upload everything on youtube and use the link to send the footage to the "banhammer-team" (support). You can submit a report-ticket using this link (also click on "additional player information"):

2) in case the stalker doesn't get banned: Crossplay is coming soon so the chances of randomly getting into the lobby with someone you get targeted by will be reduced dramatically!

3) insulting someone via social media is more than a bannable offense. It's literally cyber bullying so I would -depending on how serious it is- contact the police and ask if something can be done about it despite international limitations.

4) Not the best suggestion but: She could try and play killer herself making it impossible to target her. Playing killer is not for everyone but it's better than getting targeted by a manchild.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,178

This is horrible. No words really tell how awful this is. I can only suggest you help your friend as much as she needs you especially for emotional support. Else I would do what the others said here.

I also noticed on the PTB that there was a "Block player" function in the end screen. Use this when it is implemented. Change your names and avatars often, make your profile private or only for friends. Change your character in game and/or outfits. I'm often recognized because I play mostly Jeff with a very unique cosmetic combo. Be a notice-me-not.

I hope your friend will never have to deal with him again, so she can be happy once more.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

Try contacting the DBD support directly and ask them what to do: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

Though for anything outside of the game this is probably something for police to handle.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,927

We cannot do anything that is outside of the game, all we can do is act on what happens inside the game, if things are reported to us. Reports can be made (with evidence) to support for in game issues: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us For a sustained harassment report - we would need to see multiple evidence of this as quite naturally we need sufficient evidence before taking action against a player.

For things that happen outside of the game, it would be up to the relevant platform to deal with if it breaks their TOS - sadly, we are unable to be involved in that.

I'm sorry that your friend is having this trouble and I hope it's something that can be sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.